2648 replies to this topic

#161 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 62,974 posts

Posted 31 January 2023 - 10:11 AM

Seriously though, who the hell cares who goes, it is a damn flag football game. The NFL is going to have a player blow out his knee playing flag football and then that will be the end of the Pro Bowl.

Literally already happened, 25 years ago. Game is still being played (though not the beach flag game). I don't really know why, they must make serious money off of it somehow.

https://www.sportsca...ing-nfl-career/

#162 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,825 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 31 January 2023 - 10:15 AM

Literally already happened, 25 years ago. Game is still being played (though not the beach flag game). I don't really know why, they must make serious money off of it somehow.

https://www.sportsca...ing-nfl-career/

Yea, I remember.  I think it was Robert Edwards who got hurt playing a beach flag game for NFL rookies.

@mikeghg

#163 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 31 January 2023 - 10:31 AM

I'd like to meet someone who actually watches the Pro Bowl. The ratings are pretty high, yet I don't know a single person who watches it. 

In all seriousness, a skills competition is something I'd rather watch, but probably still won't. 

• Mackus, makoman and SonicAttack like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#164 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,167 posts

Posted 31 January 2023 - 10:42 AM

Seriously though, who the hell cares who goes, it is a damn flag football game.  The NFL is going to have a player blow out his knee playing flag football and then that will be the end of the Pro Bowl.

We can only hope.  Flag football or not, how can you play a game with the best players when several of them aren't even there?  It's a joke and strictly a money maker for the NFL.  Nothing more, nothing less.  They don't care what anyone thinks about it as long as the advertising money is there. 

• Mike B likes this

#165 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,825 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 31 January 2023 - 11:12 AM

We can only hope.  Flag football or not, how can you play a game with the best players when several of them aren't even there?  It's a joke and strictly a money maker for the NFL.  Nothing more, nothing less.  They don't care what anyone thinks about it as long as the advertising money is there. 

It is 100% about the advertising money.  I very rarely watch the Pro Bowl, and will not this year.  I am taking the grandkids to the Blast game, which is a better use of time, and more fun.

@mikeghg

#166 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts

Posted 31 January 2023 - 11:19 AM

They called me, but I couldn't make it.

They called me too. But when they told me they called you first, I got in my feelings and  said no thanks.  :mrgreen:

• Mike B, russsnyder and Ravens2006 like this

#167 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts

Posted 31 January 2023 - 11:20 AM

Tyler Huntley replacing Josh Allen in Pro Bowl.  How in the world is that possible?

You should see the Facebook comments on WJZs page  :mrgreen:

#168 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts

Posted 31 January 2023 - 11:22 AM

They called me, but I couldn't make it.

Wonder if they'll have a "How far can you stretch the football in front of you?" skills contest...
  • Mike B, Mike in STL and russsnyder like this

#169 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts

Posted 31 January 2023 - 11:23 AM

Somewhere Greg Roman added a line to his resume...

- Got Lamar Jackson an MVP
- Got Tyler Huntley a Pro Bowl
  • DuffMan likes this

#170 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,764 posts

Posted 31 January 2023 - 11:29 AM

I'd like to meet someone who actually watches the Pro Bowl. The ratings are pretty high, yet I don't know a single person who watches it. 

In all seriousness, a skills competition is something I'd rather watch, but probably still won't. 

I watched when I was a kid, probably haven't seen the actual game in 25-30 years.

It's sometimes cool watching clips of them playing dodge ball and stuff though. 

#171 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,957 posts

Posted 31 January 2023 - 11:48 AM

They called me too. But when they told me they called you first, I got in my feelings and said no thanks. :mrgreen:

This is the most NFL-authentic response.
  • bmore_ken likes this

#172 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,764 posts

Posted 31 January 2023 - 11:51 AM

This is the most NFL-authentic response.

Ken has scrubbed all mention of the NFL and BSL from his social media accounts. Something is clearly going on behind the scenes.

• bmore_ken likes this

#173 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 31 January 2023 - 11:55 AM

Wonder if they'll have a "How far can you stretch the football in front of you?" skills contest...

Thats hilarious. Lol

@BSLMikeRandall

#174 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 31 January 2023 - 11:57 AM

Do the Ravens really need Lamar if his backup is a pro bowler?

• Mike in STL likes this

#175 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 31 January 2023 - 11:57 AM

I watched when I was a kid, probably haven't seen the actual game in 25-30 years.

It's sometimes cool watching clips of them playing dodge ball and stuff though. 

I remember watching parts when I was a kid. I think the last one I ever watched was a ridiculous high scoring game. I think, the AFC was trailing by one and was lining up for a game winning FG, and the NFC actually tried to block it, and maybe did for the win as the AFC lineman just stood there, like both lines do in these games. But for that 5 seconds one team actually tried to play defense. 

• Mike B likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#176 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,825 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 31 January 2023 - 12:07 PM

If they do, Tyler will not win.

@mikeghg

#177 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,825 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 31 January 2023 - 12:09 PM

They called me too. But when they told me they called you first, I got in my feelings and  said no thanks.  :mrgreen:

I understand.  The older I get, the worse I was.  :-P

@mikeghg

#178 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts

Posted 31 January 2023 - 12:14 PM

Two weeks after the Superbowl, have a fun skills contest. Award points to each conference based on how their players do. Kickers try long FGs, or FGs at crazy angles. Punters have to drop a ball on targets from 50 or 60 yards, plus get a bonus based on hang time. QBs throw at moving targets like Duck Hunt. Some agility course type stuff for RBs and WRs. DBs have to catch timed balls thrown off a Jugs machine with some obstacles, then have to return the last ball to the endzone.

OL and DL have a pie eating contest...

I would legit watch that...

#179 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,591 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 31 January 2023 - 01:56 PM

Two weeks after the Superbowl, have a fun skills contest. Award points to each conference based on how their players do. Kickers try long FGs, or FGs at crazy angles. Punters have to drop a ball on targets from 50 or 60 yards, plus get a bonus based on hang time. QBs throw at moving targets like Duck Hunt. Some agility course type stuff for RBs and WRs. DBs have to catch timed balls thrown off a Jugs machine with some obstacles, then have to return the last ball to the endzone.

OL and DL have a pie eating contest...

I would legit watch that...

I just thought of a wacky variation of the pro bowl: play a game, but with modified scoring rules.  A regular TD is worth 4 points, but you can get 8 points if you get a TD on a play that's more than 30 yards from scrimmage.  The uprights have a 1 yard wide inner fork down the middle, and if you hit the inner uprights you get 2 points for an extra point and 5 points for a field goal.

#180 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,772 posts

Posted 31 January 2023 - 04:29 PM

Tyler Huntley replacing Josh Allen in Pro Bowl.  How in the world is that possible?

See how fast this brings Lamar to the negotiating table. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=