#181 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 31 January 2023 - 06:42 PM

Who had "Tyler Huntley, Pro Bowl Quarterback" on their 2023 Bingo card?
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#182 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 31 January 2023 - 07:19 PM

I can just hear 70% of football fans across the Country saying to themselves, "Tyler Huntley? WTF is that?" 

#183 SouthRider

SouthRider

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 726 posts

Posted 31 January 2023 - 08:09 PM

If they are going to have flag football I would make it an old-timer's game. I'd give that a watch.
  • Mike B likes this

#184 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 31 January 2023 - 10:17 PM

I can just hear 70% of football fans across the Country saying to themselves, "Tyler Huntley? WTF is that?" 

Only 70?

@mikeghg

#185 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 01 February 2023 - 06:59 AM

Only 70?

I was being generous.  I figured 30% of football fans are astute enough to know the name. 

#186 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 01 February 2023 - 07:07 AM

I remember watching parts when I was a kid. I think the last one I ever watched was a ridiculous high scoring game. I think, the AFC was trailing by one and was lining up for a game winning FG, and the NFC actually tried to block it, and maybe did for the win as the AFC lineman just stood there, like both lines do in these games. But for that 5 seconds one team actually tried to play defense. 

There was always that extra money incentive for the winner, and if the game was close at the end the defense stepped up for that extra 25K.

• Mike in STL likes this

#187 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 01 February 2023 - 07:10 AM

If they are going to have flag football I would make it an old-timer's game. I'd give that a watch.

Wasn't it a flag football game in the preseason that the Ravens mascot broke his leg. An over zealous kid decided to tackle him.

#188 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 01 February 2023 - 07:12 AM

I'd like to meet someone who actually watches the Pro Bowl. The ratings are pretty high, yet I don't know a single person who watches it. 

In all seriousness, a skills competition is something I'd rather watch, but probably still won't. 

It still draws more viewers than an NBA game.

#189 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 01 February 2023 - 07:35 AM

Who had "Tyler Huntley, Pro Bowl Quarterback" on their 2023 Bingo card?

He just signed a one year contract before the season.  I think it was worth close to $900,000.  Wouldn't it have been wild if his agent had them throw in a clause that pays him $2 million if he makes the pro bowl.  Can you imagine Steve Biscotti writing that check for a 2 TD performance?  

#190 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 01 February 2023 - 07:57 AM

He just signed a one year contract before the season. I think it was worth close to $900,000. Wouldn't it have been wild if his agent had them throw in a clause that pays him $2 million if he makes the pro bowl. Can you imagine Steve Biscotti writing that check for a 2 TD performance?

For 5th year options at least the incentive is tied to the original ballot only, so I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s standard. Makes sense, as it’s not that crazy for a 6th alternate like Carr to make it when everyone else is hurt or bows out.

#191 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 01 February 2023 - 08:20 AM

Balt Sun: Ravens roundtable: Takeaways from a wild-card-round exit and expectations for a pivotal offseason

#192 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 02 February 2023 - 09:40 AM

Balt Sun: Five pressing questions for the Ravens’ next offensive coordinator

#193 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 02 February 2023 - 11:20 AM

There should only be one question, who will be the starting quarterback? Everything else is predicated on that.

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#194 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,982 posts

Posted 02 February 2023 - 12:27 PM

There should only be one question, who will be the starting quarterback? Everything else is predicated on that.

As much as the Ravens may wax poetic about how there's a 200% chance Jackson comes back,I think the true answer they'll give when that is asked this that they don't know yet.

#195 St.Steveg

St.Steveg
  • Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 02 February 2023 - 06:45 PM

The idea that the offense is built around Lamar Jackson's unique abilities is overblown. Certainly his running ability gives them great options, but if Jackson is not here I'm sure the next guy will be mobile. And they sure do need to feed Dobbins and keep the ground game as the focus of Ravens football. I will even say the problem is not the receivers; a lot can be done with healthy Bateman and Duvernay, Robinson and some draft or FA additions.

The new OC needs to balance the running with passing that is creative and effective. Don't give up on the run so easily. The idea that Jackson can't pass is not true. He would read defenses better if he got to the line with a few seconds to look at it. Do something aggressive with all those quality TE pass catchers. Run WRs out of the backfield. Go deep sometimes. Hit the seams quick in stride, getting guys into space.  It's OK with me if the new OC brings in all new people. The offense needs revival

• Mackus, Mike in STL, PrimeTime and 2 others like this

#196 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 05 February 2023 - 10:42 AM

PFF: 2023 NFL Salary Cap Tracker: All 32 NFL teams ranked by cap space

https://www.pff.com/...anked-cap-space

#197 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 05 February 2023 - 11:40 AM

2 things. When did a $16 million bump become almost $20 million? In football money that's 4 players.

How did the Jags get to $22 million over the cap .?  I expect that from the Packers, Saints & Vikings each year.

#198 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,394 posts

Posted 05 February 2023 - 11:45 AM

Brian McFarland of RSR had the Ravens Rule of 51 commitment for the 41 players currently under contract at just over $190 million. That's based on an estimated $225 million cap (which actually came in at $224.8), which would give the Ravens about $35 million in cap space to work with.

Of course, that figure doesn't represent the team's cap with a full roster. The Ravens are in better shape cap-wise than a lot of teams, but they still have a lot of work to do between now and when the new league year begins on March 15, particularly if they have to use the franchise tag on Lamar Jackson.

#199 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,394 posts

Posted 05 February 2023 - 11:49 AM

2 things. When did a $16 million bump become almost $20 million? In football money that's 4 players.

How did the Jags get to $22 million over the cap .?  I expect that from the Packers, Saints & Vikings each year.

They went heavy into free agency last offseason when they had about $56 million of cap space.

#200 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 05 February 2023 - 12:15 PM

They went heavy into free agency last offseason when they had about $56 million of cap space.

Those must have come with big 2nd yr jumps up in pay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=