#221 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 28 February 2023 - 10:18 AM

I doubt whether the Ravens have even talked Ramsey at the Castle.  This is the time of year where reporters are making things up based on team needs.  Not LaCanfora, make thing up crap, but more of the matchmaking type crap.

• bmore_ken likes this
@mikeghg

#222 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 28 February 2023 - 10:36 AM

If Ramsey is dealt, the Rams likely won't get anything close to what they gave up to acquire him back in 2019 (two first-rounders and a fourth).

#223 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,883 posts

Posted 28 February 2023 - 11:27 AM

I doubt whether the Ravens have even talked Ramsey at the Castle.  This is the time of year where reporters are making things up based on team needs.  Not LaCanfora, make thing up crap, but more of the matchmaking type crap.

Agreed

#224 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,936 posts

Posted 28 February 2023 - 11:39 AM

This isn't a reported rumor. Nobody is saying the Ravens have interest. Its just the writer musing about the possibility that the Ravens would be a good fit for Ramsey.  Its not presented as anything more than that.  Certainly fair to dismiss it just like we all do with mock drafts and similar, but not fair to hold it up to the scrutiny of what actual reported information should be held up to.

#225 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,642 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 28 February 2023 - 11:44 AM

This isn't a reported rumor. Nobody is saying the Ravens have interest. Its just the writer musing about the possibility that the Ravens would be a good fit for Ramsey.  Its not presented as anything more than that.  Certainly fair to dismiss it just like we all do with mock drafts and similar, but not fair to hold it up to the scrutiny of what actual reported information should be held up to.

Agreed, it is basically what I said.  The problem with all this stuff is that as a fan, it takes away from other stories that may have some truth to it.  

There is a report from Mike Florio and Chris Simms, that said Lamar lost a big shoe contract, because he does not have an agent.  That feels true to me, but with all the Lamar conjecture out there, who really knows?

@mikeghg

#226 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,936 posts

Posted 28 February 2023 - 12:27 PM

Golladay is gonna be released by the Giants.  I loved him two years ago.  He's been a massive bust there, but I'd be interested in adding him as a rejuvenation candidate if he's as low cost as you'd expect given his past two seasons.  Admittedly I know nothing about why he was so bad in NY. If he was out of shape and disinterested after getting paid, then I'd lose more if not all interest in adding him.

#227 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 28 February 2023 - 12:42 PM

It's interesting and kind of humorous that the Ravens are continually linked to high profile trade candidates when we only have 5 picks in the upcoming draft and no clue what's going on with our erstwhile, former MVP QB.

Quite frankly, any musings about the Ravens off-season plans are plans are basically worthless until such time that the Jackson situation is settled, one way or the other. 

• bmore_ken and JStruds like this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#228 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 28 February 2023 - 12:51 PM

Golladay is gonna be released by the Giants.  I loved him two years ago.  He's been a massive bust there, but I'd be interested in adding him as a rejuvenation candidate if he's as low cost as you'd expect given his past two seasons.  Admittedly I know nothing about why he was so bad in NY. If he was out of shape and disinterested after getting paid, then I'd lose more if not all interest in adding him.

He was signed by the Giants coming off a pretty bad injury year.  I don't think he really fully came back from that.  I've never really been a fan of his game anyway.  He's best as a slot receiver, but he won't be able to play there because Andrews is one of the best slot receivers in the NFL.

I think his margin for error has always been slim - his skillset was such that he seemed to just barely have enough athleticism/route running ability to get by.  His separation numbers have been pretty bad despite his good production.  It's not a stretch to think he's lost just enough to make it impossible for him to succeed consistently.  He's probably better than he showed in 2022, and relative to the talent we currently have I think he's a good insurance policy, but I don't think he has much in the tank left.

• Mackus likes this

#229 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,305 posts

Posted 28 February 2023 - 01:50 PM

It's interesting and kind of humorous that the Ravens are continually linked to high profile trade candidates when we only have 5 picks in the upcoming draft and no clue what's going on with our erstwhile, former MVP QB.

Quite frankly, any musings about the Ravens off-season plans are plans are basically worthless until such time that the Jackson situation is settled, one way or the other.

Certainly makes it less likely they give up more draft picks in a trade. Would think EDC might look to trade back. Even back pretty far. Like into the early 2nd. Thats so standard to say anymore but we know he loves draft picks and our draft position is a spot where its possible a new tier of player is beginning. If we have say 24 guys with first round grades and the players left on the board are not guys we realy need or particularly want it makes a trade more likely

#230 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 28 February 2023 - 02:21 PM

...Quite frankly, any musings about the Ravens off-season plans are plans are basically worthless until such time that the Jackson situation is settled, one way or the other. 

Kinda where I am with it at this point.  Rumors in all directions.  Little point in speculating very much since the only people who know the truth and how everyone actually feels are probably Lamar and 2 or 3 Ravens higher-ups.  

I'd like to see him back because the team is so much better with him.  Totally get the injury risk / concern from folks, don't agree that there's much question about him as a top tier QB when he's on the field.  Whatever happens, happens.  The inevitables to me are:  1) DeCosta and company will continue to stock the roster with good overall talent, and 2) How Harbaugh manages to maximize the results will continue to be a big question...

• PrimeTime likes this

#231 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 01 March 2023 - 08:42 PM

NFLPA Player/Team Report Cards.
https://nflpa.com/nf...am-report-cards

Not surprisingly the Ravens got F- from Strength training. Falcons got a D- and the rest of the league B or better.

Not sure what conclusions you can draw from all of these things. The Chiefs are pretty bad in most areas and you know, dominate the league.
@BSLMikeRandall

#232 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,659 posts

Posted 01 March 2023 - 11:55 PM

How do you get an F-? Isn't that another way of saying, "See me after class!" ??

#233 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 02 March 2023 - 12:53 PM

All hell breaking loose on Ravens Twitter. From Rashod Bateman in response to EDC comments about the WRs:

"how bout you play to your player's strength and & stop point the finger at us and #8 ...blame the one you let do this... we take heat 24/7 & keep us healthy...car about US & see what happen...ain't no promises tho ... tired of y'all and capn on players for no reason."

Seems like the proverbial poop is hitting the fan.

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#234 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 02 March 2023 - 12:55 PM

And to add to my previous post, has anyone seen the reports of the survey taken by the Ravens players?

@primetime667083

#235 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,128 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 12:55 PM

All hell breaking loose on Ravens Twitter. From Rashod Bateman in response to EDC comments about the WRs:

"how bout you play to your player's strength and & stop point the finger at us and #8 ...blame the one you let do this... we take heat 24/7 & keep us healthy...car about US & see what happen...ain't no promises tho ... tired of y'all and capn on players for no reason."

Seems like the proverbial poop is hitting the fan.

Time to blow up the offense and start over.

Seriously. What has Bateman done to earn the right to say anything? I'm tired of all of this. They can trade him too for all I care.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#236 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,305 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 01:01 PM

What was EDC's original comments on WRs?

Bateman can pound sand as Herm likes to say. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I aint hearing s**t from someone who has played in less than half of his teams games in his career.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#237 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 02 March 2023 - 01:01 PM

Time to blow up the offense and start over.

Seriously. What has Bateman done to earn the right to say anything? I'm tired of all of this. They can trade him too for all I care.

Imagine if you were one of the guys that was part of one of the most maligned position groups in all of football? All the while, you as the player are catching shrapnel for a garbage offensive system, as well as dealing with what was likely the worst strength and conditioning coach in the league. Regardless of your accomplishments thus far in your career, you're only going to take so much before you snap.

I have a bad feeling that the transition from Ozzie to DeCosta has not been as seamless as we'd all hoped it was. 

• bmore_ken likes this
@primetime667083

#238 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,128 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 01:04 PM

Imagine if you were one of the guys that was part of one of the most maligned position groups in all of football? All the while, you as the player are catching shrapnel for a garbage offensive system, as well as dealing with what was likely the worst strength and conditioning coach in the league. Regardless of your accomplishments thus far in your career, you're only going to take so much before you snap.

I have a bad feeling that the transition from Ozzie to DeCosta has not been as seamless as we'd all hoped it was.

I get that, but there was no reason for that outburst. I'm not even clear who he's blaming. DeCosta? Harbaugh? Saunders? Roman?

Does he even know?

You don't get to call out the whole team when you can't stay on the field.

#239 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,305 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 01:04 PM

Entitled players bitch and lash out. Nothing new. Except now they do it on twitter. Its always the coaches fault. The OCs fault. They know they can throw shade at a coach because they see most of the fanbase throwing crap constantly at Harbaugh or Roman. So they get their feeling hurt and know its cool to pile on an OC thats both gone and was hated by the fans.

#240 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 02 March 2023 - 01:05 PM

What was EDC's original comments on WRs?

Bateman can pound sand as Herm likes to say. Anyoone can have their opinion but I aint hearing s**t from someone who has played less that half of his teams games in his career.

When asked about the problems drafting WRs, EDC said, "If I had an answer, that would probably mean I would some better receivers....We're gonna keep swinging. There have been some guys that been successful player for us that were draft picks. We've never really hit on that All Pro type of guy, which is disappointing, but it's not for lack of effort... It's one of those anomalies that I can't really explain, other than to say that we're not going to stop trying. We're gonna keep swing and hopefully at one of these points, we're gonna hit one out of the ballpark."

@primetime667083

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=