2648 replies to this topic

#201 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,414 posts

Posted 12 February 2023 - 12:39 PM

Campbell said on TV today that he's coming back next year.

https://twitter.com/...815246279053312

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#202 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,757 posts

Posted 12 February 2023 - 01:15 PM

$7M in new money due for Campbell (salary and new bonus). My guess is they do a one-year extension to lower the hit.

#203 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,938 posts

Posted 12 February 2023 - 10:56 PM

Awesome. He is a pros pro and Ill wish him luck should the Ravens cut him. Here is to hoping he is back here.

#204 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,078 posts

Posted 22 February 2023 - 10:22 AM

Ravens.com: Late for Work 2/22: Four Positions Ravens Need to Prioritize in Offseason

https://www.baltimor...itize-offseason

#205 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,406 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 22 February 2023 - 12:32 PM

Willie Taggart? Ewwwww. I guess if there has to be a minimum of one Harbaugh crony on the staff somewhere, at least it's only at RB coach.

#206 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 22 February 2023 - 01:16 PM

As lacking as the WR room, quarterback is the most important priority. The majority of offenses revolve around whomever is under center, so until that question is answered, the other things take fall further down the list. This is not to say that team should not attempt to address other areas of need, as it never hurts to improve your roster but getting the QB cared for is job one.

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#207 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,078 posts

Posted 22 February 2023 - 04:31 PM

The #Ravens are expected to hire Willie Taggart as their running backs coach, per source. Taggart — the former head coach at FAU, Florida State, Oregon, South Florida and Western Kentucky — was once Jim Harbaugh’s RB coach at Stanford. Now joins brother John in Baltimore.

#208 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,406 posts

Posted 22 February 2023 - 06:42 PM

Tee Martin is replacing James Urban as QB coach.

#209 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 22 February 2023 - 07:47 PM

Saunders out as strength and conditioning guy... overdue but a welcome move.
  • hallas, Mike in STL and makoman like this

#210 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,984 posts

Posted 22 February 2023 - 08:18 PM

Low key the best news of the offseason aside from Monken.

#211 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,414 posts

Posted 22 February 2023 - 08:48 PM

Tee Martin is replacing James Urban as QB coach.

So to turn this into a Lamar thread like all the others...

Lamar clearly loved[hated] his long time QB coach, and this will make him less[more] likely to resign. 

Also Lamar wasn't done any favors by Saunders, so this will help (no brackets needed here).

I'm good with these moves BTW, especially the latter. No reason he should have still been here after 2020, regardless of how good he is at his job (and lots of players seemed to complain about him anyway).

• TwentyThirtyFive likes this

#212 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,984 posts

Posted 22 February 2023 - 09:30 PM

As lacking as the WR room, quarterback is the most important priority. The majority of offenses revolve around whomever is under center, so until that question is answered, the other things take fall further down the list. This is not to say that team should not attempt to address other areas of need, as it never hurts to improve your roster but getting the QB cared for is job one.

Finally someone with some sense.

The way I see it, they can safely make improvements to the WR room as long as it doesn't preclude them from moving forward with their various plans for quarterback. Whoever is under center will benefit from the improvements that they make, and that room certainly is not string enough for Monken to install the system I'm sure he wants.

#213 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,406 posts

Posted 22 February 2023 - 09:51 PM

I'm good with these moves BTW, especially the latter. No reason he should have still been here after 2020, regardless of how good he is at his job (and lots of players seemed to complain about him anyway).

Yeah. The Taggart hire is an eye-roller though. The guy has way more failure than success on his resume, but as RB coach it's highly unlikely can ruin JK Dobbins at this point, or really have an impact on anything else. So no big deal. But as one of the croniest of Harbaugh cronies, I guess he's just one of those guys who will always have a job waiting for him somewhere.

And now he can at least lay claim to The Harbaugh Trifecta (played QB for Jack at W Kentucky, coached under Jim at Stanford, and now with John).

#214 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,414 posts

Posted 22 February 2023 - 10:40 PM

Yeah. The Taggart hire is an eye-roller though. The guy has way more failure than success on his resume, but as RB coach it's highly unlikely can ruin JK Dobbins at this point, or really have an impact on anything else. So no big deal. But as one of the croniest of Harbaugh cronies, I guess he's just one of those guys who will always have a job waiting for him somewhere.

And now he can at least lay claim to The Harbaugh Trifecta (played QB for Jack at W Kentucky, coached under Jim at Stanford, and now with John).

He does have a Harbs trifecta, but I can't care too much about positional coaches because I am woefully uninformed about what they do and their worth. I know they must be worth something, but I can't evaluate them, I have no personal view past high school...at least OC I can pretend to evaluate, but not RB coach. And even a multiple time failure as a college HC doesn't necessarily mean anything as far as pro position coach.

Like, if we only knew we had a many time college HC, including the highest levels (which FSU undoubtedly is), who decided to be a pro RB coach for the first time, I would most likely be on board, except it feels worse due to the Harbs connection. But he also coached Toby Gerhard to a 2nd place Heisman in 2009 as RB coach, which seems like something...I don't know, I'm just not immediately anti, that's all. And we can't extend HC failures to position coach IMO...

#215 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,406 posts

Posted 22 February 2023 - 11:01 PM

He does have a Harbs trifecta, but I can't care too much about positional coaches because I am woefully uninformed about what they do and their worth. I know they must be worth something, but I can't evaluate them, I have no personal view past high school...at least OC I can pretend to evaluate, but not RB coach. And even a multiple time failure as a college HC doesn't necessarily mean anything as far as pro position coach.

Like, if we only knew we had a many time college HC, including the highest levels (which FSU undoubtedly is), who decided to be a pro RB coach for the first time, I would most likely be on board, except it feels worse due to the Harbs connection. But he also coached Toby Gerhard to a 2nd place Heisman in 2009 as RB coach, which seems like something...I don't know, I'm just not immediately anti, that's all. And we can't extend HC failures to position coach IMO...

I don't know exactly what a RB coach in the NFL would do either. Only thing I can surmise is working with guys who come out of college as pure runners and help them to improve their pass-catching and pass-protection skills. Outside of that, maybe they get into things like advance scouting since they probably aren't heavily involved in game-planning.

I think we agree, his hire is unlikely to have any sort of noticeable impact on the team, good or bad. It does seem noteworthy that the entire portion of his coaching career that he wasn't a head coach was spent working under one of the Harbaughs. And as you know, the head coaching part of his career was nothing to rave about.

Though before John hired him he was set to serve as an offensive analyst for Deion at Colorado this season, so that's something, I guess.

• makoman likes this

#216 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,078 posts

Posted 28 February 2023 - 07:25 AM

Ravens.com: Late for Work 2/27: Pundit Says Baltimore Is Potential Landing Spot for Jalen Ramsey Trade 

https://www.baltimor...more-trade-rams

#217 SouthRider

SouthRider

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 726 posts

Posted 28 February 2023 - 09:35 AM

How ballsy would it be if the Ravens trade Lamar and put that money into a Ramsey trade?  Zig while everyone else is zagging. 

#218 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,757 posts

Posted 28 February 2023 - 09:40 AM

How ballsy would it be if the Ravens trade Lamar and put that money into a Ramsey trade?  Zig while everyone else is zagging. 

Can do a lot if you trade Lamar, but they'll have to use a significant portion of the proceeds to find a QB for 2023 yet alone beyond.  And even if they do have room to do a lot, I think I'd probably prefer a handful of other options to Ramsey.  I'll certainly listen to people who pay attention if they say he's still elite, but I feel like he's about due to slip if he hasn't already.  And frankly, while this shouldn't be a part of it, I find his personality very grating.  

• Hooded Viper and TwentyThirtyFive like this

#219 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,938 posts

Posted 28 February 2023 - 09:45 AM

Can do a lot if you trade Lamar, but they'll have to use a significant portion of the proceeds to find a QB for 2023 yet alone beyond. And even if they do have room to do a lot, I think I'd probably prefer a handful of other options to Ramsey. I'll certainly listen to people who pay attention if they say he's still elite, but I feel like he's about due to slip if he hasn't already. And frankly, while this shouldn't be a part of it, I find his personality very grating.

He will turn 29 in Oct. His contract is only increasing. He seems to wear out his welcome. Pass. Hes likely still a top 10 CB. Maybe even top 5. Today. Things can change fast especially as you approach 30 at a position like that

#220 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 28 February 2023 - 09:54 AM

Agree not interested in Ramsay at his current cost, too much attitude and selfishness for that kind of money!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=