2648 replies to this topic

#261 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,671 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 02:31 PM

Just don't expect the millionaires in pro sports unions to come to the defense of other union workers.

While the system has been terrible for receivers, Hollywood did pretty well even though he didn't like the offense. Has he blamed Saunders yet for his injury in Arizona. And Bateman has looked promising, but he's hardly played.

Lol. Of course he blamed Saunders for his injury this year. Pass the buck and pile on. Here is to not believing for a second Hollywood spent his offseason out of the Ravens organization mind you working either on his own or in OTAs to get himself in the best shape and as prepared as possible for his '22 season. But that Saunders guy. Has to be him. Im going on acting like Im supporting Saunders as a Coach. They guy likely wont get and probably doesnt deserve another NFL job again. But not every issue everyone of these guys has is all his fault

#262 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,689 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 02:44 PM

He pulled the tweet down quickly and put up an apology. Both EDC and Harbs were both very complimentary of Bateman since he needs to get healthy, again, and just STFU!

#263 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,886 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 02:44 PM

your deluding yourself

It's what he does on a daily basis. Nothing new here.

#264 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,886 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 02:46 PM

Lol.  Says the guy who can't stay on the field and opted for season ending surgery rather than play through some pain.  We already knew he was physically soft.  Guess his feelings are soft too.  It's hard to ignore that the Ravens are becoming a prime time NFL soap opera.  

Guess that makes Lamar soft too. 

#265 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,671 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 02:49 PM

It's what he does on a daily basis. Nothing new here.

The next salient thing you post on the board will be the first. Thats not said as a comeback response. It is the truth.

#266 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,671 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 02:54 PM

He pulled the tweet down quickly and put up an apology. Both EDC and Harbs were both very complimentary of Bateman since he needs to get healthy, again, and just STFU!

I hate the put it out there pull it down crap too. If youre gonna post it you understand in some ways the consequences and fallout of posting it. Maybe not fully but you know what you're doing and what it means. Its definitely how you feel. So stand by it. More soft actions. Soft all the way around on Bateman
  • Hooded Viper likes this

#267 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,396 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 03:09 PM

I don't know why these guys or people in general feel the need to air dirty laundry on social media.  What happened to the days where you just confided in a close friend or your family?  Do I need to know what Bateman thinks about the Ravens organization? No, I don't nor do I give a rat's ass.  I don't care what Lamar thinks about it either.  It's just infantile behavior and doesn't say much for the person doing it. Social media can be a very positive, educational tool but it can also be extremely pointless and an incredible waste of time.  

• Hooded Viper and CantonJester like this

#268 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,200 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 03:26 PM

Guess that makes Lamar soft too.

I mean...he's not the toughest guy in the world.
  • BaltBird 24 likes this

#269 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,480 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 03:39 PM

Bateman did try to play through the injury. If you're a WR and can't run, it's kinda difficult to go play, wouldn't you say? And how is the dude soft? He was never injured in college and has had some bad luck since being drafted. Getting hurt doesn't make you soft. Injuries happen in sports. 

I agree wholeheartedly about the Ravens becoming a soap opera. The shift in the culture of the organization once Ozzie stepped down is why Wink wanted out.

I know, Bateman had a freaking Lisfranc, and he's soft for not playing? 

I do think Harbs thought that he should just play through it and wait till the offseason to have surgery. But as someone whose bread and butter is running how can you argue with having the surgery?

Stanley, Dobbins, Lamar, Bateman, Wolfe...all seem to have been at odds with the team in the past year about injuries. Are all of them soft? Or maybe the team doesn't know wtf they are doing with injuries?

I don't have any comment on his comments, but the injury stuff is a problem with the team. Something seems wrong lately. Maybe Saunders going will clear it up, but I don't know.

• PrimeTime likes this

#270 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,396 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 03:51 PM

I do think Harbs thought that he should just play through it and wait till the offseason to have surgery. But as someone whose bread and butter is running how can you argue with having the surgery?

Stanley, Dobbins, Lamar, Bateman, Wolfe...all seem to have been at odds with the team in the past year about injuries. Are all of them soft? Or maybe the team doesn't know wtf they are doing with injuries?

I don't have any comment on his comments, but the injury stuff is a problem with the team. Something seems wrong lately. Maybe Saunders going will clear it up, but I don't know.

I don't know the exact stats but I'm sure injuries are up all across the league over the past several years.  It's not just the Ravens and the league as a whole needs to rethink how they train these guys.  But yeah, the Ravens have been hit hard and there has to be reasons beyond just the "bad luck" theory.  I've expressed my opinions on why that is and I'm not going to regurgitate it again but until there's a wake up call on how to properly train NFL players, it will just continue on, regardless of who your strength coach is. 

#271 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,564 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 March 2023 - 03:56 PM

Still a big believer in Bateman. Nothing wrong with a GM adding some pressure through the press in an innocuous way. Nothing wrong with Bateman venting about it IMO. I honestly love the passion. Just needs to be channeled. Hopefully with all the changes being made, it will be. But I love the passion. Not even saying I disagree about the take responsibility part.
  • PrimeTime and russsnyder like this

#272 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,578 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 02 March 2023 - 03:58 PM

Bateman did try to play through the injury. If you're a WR and can't run, it's kinda difficult to go play, wouldn't you say? And how is the dude soft? He was never injured in college and has had some bad luck since being drafted. Getting hurt doesn't make you soft. Injuries happen in sports. 

I agree wholeheartedly about the Ravens becoming a soap opera. The shift in the culture of the organization once Ozzie stepped down is why Wink wanted out.

I think the part about the Ravens becoming a soap opera is a bit revisionist.  There's a lot of stuff that's happened with Ravens star players over the years.

#273 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,711 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 02 March 2023 - 04:26 PM

Also check out Quincy Adeboyejo's tweets. He lays out how the training staff basically blew up his NFL career. It didn't come across as sour grapes though. Either way, there's been some rotten things going on at 1 Winning Drive.

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#274 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,711 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 02 March 2023 - 04:50 PM

I think the part about the Ravens becoming a soap opera is a bit revisionist.  There's a lot of stuff that's happened with Ravens star players over the years.

Let's put it this way, for most of their existence, the Ravens have been viewed as a model franchise. They've gotten way more negative press over the last 12-18 months than they have at any other time I can recall; even taking into account Ray Lewis' troubles and the Ray Rice incident.

Albeit, the proliferation of social media certainly has changed the landscape.

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#275 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,886 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 05:20 PM

I mean...he's not the toughest guy in the world.

That's your opinion and I don't share it. It's football. A violent physical sport. I don't think getting an injury makes any player soft.

#276 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 05:31 PM

EDC is really bad in front of a microphone. I'm with Bateman on this. Even though I had to read his tweet 4 times to make sure I understood it. 

Few years ago he told everyone at a press conference, how dare they insult the wide receivers in this room, we love them, they're great. Then went out and drafted 3 new ones. 

This is the opposite of that. It's honest, but you could also point out we were a run first offense under Roman, and it's hard to put up gaudy counting stats in that system. That's also honest, and doesn't make it sound like your guys aren't good enough.

@BSLMikeRandall

#277 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,200 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 05:32 PM

That's your opinion and I don't share it. It's football. A violent physical sport. I don't think getting an injury makes any player soft.

He misses a game a year for illness. He does not heal quickly. His injuries seem to be serious ones that take long to heal than originally reported.

I'm not blaming him for getting injured, but he is, if not "injury prone," a slow healer who misses lots of games.

#278 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,480 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 06:09 PM

Also check out Quincy Adeboyejo's tweets. He lays out how the training staff basically blew up his NFL career. It didn't come across as sour grapes though. Either way, there's been some rotten things going on at 1 Winning Drive.

Carl Davis and Bam Bradley also spoke up.

27 teams got an A- or better. 3 more in the B range. This was the easiest category to do well at. Hopefully they fix it.

#279 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,671 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 06:17 PM

Carl Davis and Bam Bradley also spoke up.

27 teams got an A- or better. 3 more in the B range. This was the easiest category to do well at. Hopefully they fix it.

No 20 something wants to accept their body broke down and wont be the same. Someone go in depth on his practices and how they were so harmful to all these players. Ill listen then maybe Ill buy he is resposible for all these guys breaking down. Especially the knes who are fringe players anyway. Mark Andrews can still survive and get payed very well for being 80% of peak Mark Andrews. That isnt gonna happen for Quincy Whoever and Bam Bradley

#280 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 06:31 PM

No 20 something wants to accept their body broke down and wont be the same. Someone go in depth on his practices and how they were so harmful to all these players. Ill listen then maybe Ill buy he is resposible for all these guys breaking down. Especially the knes who are fringe players anyway. Mark Andrews can still survive and get payed very well for being 80% of peak Mark Andrews. That isnt gonna happen for Quincy Whoever and Bam Bradley

How about that 30 teams players gave their strength teams a grade of B or better. The Falcons players gave a D- and the Ravens players an F-.

I guess the Ravens got the only 53 crybabies in the league. What are the odds?

@BSLMikeRandall

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)

Our Sponsors

width=