2648 replies to this topic

#1 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,552 posts

Posted 15 January 2023 - 11:34 PM

Roman needs to go. Another horrible bunch of calls at the goal line. Just ugly and dumb for no reason.

He should be fired on the plane ride home. 

And honestly, if I am John Boy, his ass should be getting warm right about now. That clock management at the end was typical JB to a tee. Idiotic.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#2 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,444 posts

Posted 15 January 2023 - 11:37 PM

Harbaugh's time has been up for a while. A 1-4 playoff record with his superstar QB on a rookie deal? 2 playoff wins in the past 10 years.

#3 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,552 posts

Posted 15 January 2023 - 11:39 PM

I wouldn't be upset if he is let go. But I highly doubt that happens. We'll get a new OC next year but the big storyline all offseason will be Lamar and I'm already tired of it.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#4 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,444 posts

Posted 15 January 2023 - 11:40 PM

Remember when we were pumped up that they hired Tee Martin and Keith Williams to revamp our passing game? It only got worse.

#5 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,444 posts

Posted 15 January 2023 - 11:50 PM

I'd say it's 50/50 Roman is gone. I'm sure he'll earn some leeway because Mr. Glass missed 6 games to end the season.

#6 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,392 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 15 January 2023 - 11:58 PM

I actually didn't think the play calling was that bad tonight, at least relative to what it's typically been. But Roman still has to go.

Time to move on from Harbaugh too. He was a terrific hire, and I'm sure some team will swoop him up immediately. I would. But the Ravens need a refresh.

And Huntley needs to be with them both on the first bus out of Baltimore. He joined the anals (misspelled intentionally) of Ravens history, right along side Billy Cundiff and Lee Evans. Sayonara, Tyler.

#7 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 15 January 2023 - 11:59 PM

Good for whoever else would hire Harbaugh right away. Over time they'll see him for what he is.

#8 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,444 posts

Posted 16 January 2023 - 12:01 AM

Dobbins had 13 carries. Edwards had 12 carries. Huntley threw the ball 29 times.

#9 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,392 posts

Posted 16 January 2023 - 12:07 AM

Dobbins had 13 carries. Edwards had 12 carries. Huntley threw the ball 29 times.

9 of those 29 came on the final drive. And the last 4 there was no other choice due to time and the holding penalty, because the Harbaugh had his head too far up his arse to either call timeout or have them in hurry-up mode with the clock ticking below 1-minute.

• bmore_ken likes this

#10 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,444 posts

Posted 16 January 2023 - 12:09 AM

The Ravens have no such thing as an up tempo offense, even with Lamar. It's really astounding. Every other team can do it, but we can't.

Also, Harbaugh is quick to waste timeouts any other time.... but tonight?

#11 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,392 posts

Posted 16 January 2023 - 12:11 AM

Also, Harbaugh is quick to waste timeouts any other time.... but tonight?

They even had one left when the game ended. Maybe they want to put it in the trophy case and admire it for the next 9 months.

#12 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,444 posts

Posted 16 January 2023 - 12:12 AM

They even had one left when the game ended. Maybe they want to put it in the trophy case and admire it for the next 9 months.

He's already bragging up that pre season winning streak.

#13 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,830 posts

Posted 16 January 2023 - 12:24 AM

Im far from the Roman basher. I defend him much more than bash him. His time is up and he will be gone. Has to be changes to the offense. An overhaul. That said, hopefully the next guy can dial up half the run schemes and concepts he brought to the table. Continuing to have a very strong run game is important and he is still one of the best if not the best run scheme guys in the league

#14 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 16 January 2023 - 12:25 AM

I actually didn't think the play calling was that bad tonight, at least relative to what it's typically been. But Roman still has to go.

Time to move on from Harbaugh too. He was a terrific hire, and I'm sure some team will swoop him up immediately. I would. But the Ravens need a refresh.

And Huntley needs to be with them both on the first bus out of Baltimore. He joined the anals (misspelled intentionally) of Ravens history, right along side Billy Cundiff and Lee Evans. Sayonara, Tyler.

Yep. Harbs hires his buddies, let's them stick around too long, then saves his own ass when he finally cans them a year or two too late. It'd be one thing if he was even decent on game day, but he's a liability then too.

He owes Lamar for saving his ass s few years ago. But sadly, he very well may outlast Lamar now. If they're gonna trade Jackson, I get it, but clean fucking house with this clown show coaching staff then.

• cprenegade and Ravens2006 like this

#15 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 16 January 2023 - 12:55 AM

Change the name of this thread to Harbaugh and Co. termination watch.

Harbaugh is as much to blame as anyone else on the staff for the positions they get in.

I get they want continuity. But 15 years is a good run. Even Tom Landry was fired.

JK calling out the staff. Marcus Peters wanted to kick his ass mid-game this year. He apparently is more worried about tricking teams into thinking both of the their doggy doo quarterbacks might play, and not making sure the one that does play can run a no huddle offense. I mean, how that’s even allowed for QBs at any level is beyond me.

It needs to be the end of an era IMO. New staff, get what you can for our QB with the sore knee. Have the new staff develop a new offense around a new QB.
@BSLMikeRandall

#16 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,444 posts

Posted 16 January 2023 - 12:59 AM

Harbaugh is or has lost the team. I'm not sure how they can justify keeping him around.
  • Ravens2006 likes this

#17 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,981 posts

Posted 16 January 2023 - 01:04 AM

I'm ready for changes up and down the coaching staff and roster. I've hated this iteration of the Ravens for several years. Time to rediscover your identity.

#18 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,830 posts

Posted 16 January 2023 - 01:35 AM

Funny Payton is mentioned because should John pull a Payton for whatever reason he would be in demand and we would get a nice return. Yet some of you want to fire him and let him go for nothing. Understand that please. Understand the value he has around the league. I doubt he wants to go but if he did the Ravens would absolutely get compensation.

#19 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 January 2023 - 01:37 AM

Yeah, I mean I still love Harbaugh overall, despite his flaws. I think he represents this eras best. I think he’s proven to be adaptable. I think he needs to be now. Changes are needed.

#20 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts

Posted 16 January 2023 - 01:47 AM

JK Dobbins did not play at all last week as the Ravens rested their starters.  He had 13 carries tonight.  Sure glad they rested him for his 13 carries.  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=