#241 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,664 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 01:07 PM

https://apple.news/A...xQAOgl25AOxNs5Q
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#242 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,388 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 01:07 PM

Lol. He said that like a month ago. Maybe he echoed the same thing recently. Again, Bateman cant be the one hurt by that comment when he doesnt play games.

#243 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 02 March 2023 - 01:08 PM

I get that, but there was no reason for that outburst. I'm not even clear who he's blaming. DeCosta? Harbaugh? Saunders? Roman?

Does he even know?

You don't get to call out the whole team when you can't stay on the field.

My guess is the organization in general. Perhaps the reason why we've had so many seemingly minor injuries linger or get worse is due to the training staff. Then, who allowed Saunders to stay employed despite the rumblings about how much he sucked? That falls on Harbaugh and DeCosta.

This speaks to the tidbit of inside info I had regarding Wink's departure and that it was all due to how the culture of the organization changed dramatically when Ozzie stepped down/stepped back from the full time GM role. 

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#244 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 02 March 2023 - 01:11 PM

Lol. He said that like a month ago. Maybe he echoed the same thing recently. Again, Bateman cant be the one hurt by that comment when he doesnt play games.

He was asked about that at the combine. Those quotes were from when Harbaugh and EDC were available to the media.

So if Jackson spoke out, would you say the same thing? He hasn't stayed on the field either. Simply because a player got hurt, why does that make his assessment of the organization that he's been a part of for the last 2 years any less valid? Do only opinions of accomplished players count? Or would you be interested in Nick Moore's opinion? Since he's played every game possible since he's been the long snapper? Or does the opinion of the long snapper not count?

Come on, man. I love the Ravens as much as anyone on this board but your deluding yourself if you think things have been going swimmingly around here the last few years. There's definitely been a change in how business has been getting down and the Ravens' reputation around the league is suffering; and going to suffer more as the Lamar thing drags on. 

• Mike in STL, bmore_ken and makoman like this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#245 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,388 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 01:15 PM

Specifically talking about Saunders. Def feels like he started taking fire and was the fall guy for all the players when they got hurt. Im not saying he didnt deserve the fire he started taking. Def best that the Ravens moved on. Im not gonna sit here and buy he is responsible for every player having injury issues. Or improper rehab. Or the reoccurance of an injury. Or added injuries. Do you ever ever see any player take responsibility on twitter. Some prob do but it seems to me its only a platform to bitch and be entitlend
  • Steve55 likes this

#246 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,388 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 01:22 PM

He was asked about that at the combine. Those quotes were from when Harbaugh and EDC were available to the media.

So if Jackson spoke out, would you say the same thing? He hasn't stayed on the field either. Simply because a player got hurt, why does that make his assessment of the organization that he's been a part of for the last 2 years any less valid? Do only opinions of accomplished players count? Or would you be interested in Nick Moore's opinion? Since he's played every game possible since he's been the long snapper? Or does the opinion of the long snapper not count?

Come on, man. I love the Ravens as much as anyone on this board but your deluding yourself if you think things have been going swimmingly around here the last few years. There's definitely been a change in how business has been getting down and the Ravens' reputation around the league is suffering; and going to suffer more as the Lamar thing drags on.

Lamar is the best player on the team who has played in what 80% of his teams games in his career. Prob more than 80. Around there Im guessing. Yeah, Lamar is different. Its straight crying plain and simple. Retweeting post about Saunders. Now this. Take some responsibility for not having your ass on the field. I aint hearing it from this guy. And to be clear if Lamar could have done more to be back then he would need to take responsibilty too. Im just saying he has more of a right to pop off on twitter. Hes been here longer. He plays more often. And hes the best player on the team.

EDC just has to start giving generic responses like everyone else. His honesty is refreshing but this this is why you get robot answers from coaches and FO personnel

#247 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,994 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 01:22 PM

I'd have fired Saunders for the Covid thing.

As far as Saunders as it relates to actual strength-and-conditioning, I've got no real opinion on that.  You certainly can't deny the amount of injuries over recent seasons, though only 2021 felt like a year that was truly outside of the realm of what's a fairly normal outcome for an NFL team (normal, not necessarily average).  But I think we as fans often overstate the direct cause-and-effect relationship between injuries and the conditioning staff, especially when its major orthopedic type injuries and not just like muscle pulls and tears.  On the other hand, the opinions of the players certainly should carry weight. 

Overall, I doubt it makes much difference moving forward, but I'm glad he's gone.

#248 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,994 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 01:26 PM

That quote is from the press conference at the Combine the other day.  Not a month ago.

Agree that its a fairly innocuous comment and shouldn't really be ruffling any feathers from Bateman or anyone in the WR room.

• Steve55 likes this

#249 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,388 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 01:27 PM

I'd have fired Saunders for the Covid thing.

As far as Saunders as it relates to actual strength-and-conditioning, I've got no real opinion on that. You certainly can't deny the amount of injuries over recent seasons, though only 2021 felt like a year that was truly outside of the realm of what's a fairly normal outcome for an NFL team (normal, not necessarily average). But I think we as fans often overstate the direct cause-and-effect relationship between injuries and the conditioning staff, especially when its major orthopedic type injuries and not just like muscle pulls and tears. On the other hand, the opinions of the players certainly should carry weight.

Overall, I doubt it makes much difference moving forward, but I'm glad he's gone.

Agreed he prob shoulda been gone. Im just not buying hes responsible for all these guys throwing everything at his feet. Pile on pile on. Why am I hurt and and not recovering right. Def has to be that Strength coach. As if players everywhere in every city in every pro sport dont get injured and then have issues rehabbing or domt come back as good as before.

#250 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,994 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 01:34 PM

Agreed he prob shoulda been gone. Im just not buying hes responsible for all these guys throwing everything at his feet. Pile on pile on. Why am I hurt and and not recovering right. Def has to be that Strength coach. As if players everywhere in every city in every pro sport dont get injured and then have issues rehabbing or domt come back as good as before.

Its definitely easier to speak out about your experience after the flood gates have been opened.  But that doesn't (shouldn't) cast doubt on the veracity of the things the people who only spoke up after someone else did first.

Anyways, whether its actually his fault or just that the players think its his fault, the dude has to go.  That's a tough job if none of the players trust you.  And its certainly not like he was getting results even if the players didn't like him.  The results might similarly speak for themselves about the need to make a change without any other context needed.

#251 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,388 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 01:41 PM

Its definitely easier to speak out about your experience after the flood gates have been opened. But that doesn't (shouldn't) cast doubt on the veracity of the things the people who only spoke up after someone else did first.

Anyways, whether its actually his fault or just that the players think its his fault, the dude has to go. That's a tough job if none of the players trust you. And its certainly not like he was getting results even if the players didn't like him. The results might similarly speak for themselves about the need to make a change without any other context needed.

Its easier to speak out and easier to pile on and not take your part of the responsibility. Both happen. Or maybe its no ones fault. We almost all have stories of an injury and not being the same after it. Whether is mobility or loss of strength or loss of speed. I get that these guys are getting the best care or are supposed to be getting the best care but often your body just doesnt bounce back at 100%.

#252 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 02 March 2023 - 01:41 PM

I'm not sure why Bateman feels the need to defend the honor of Proche, Duvernay, Demarcus Robinson, and Tylan Wallace.  EDC is clearly not speaking about Bateman (although he would do well to stay on the field) or Andrews or Likely when he's talking about upgrading the receiver room.

The other 4 guys were the issue with the receiver room.

#253 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,388 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 01:43 PM

I'm not sure why Bateman feels the need to defend the honor of Proche, Duvernay, Demarcus Robinson, and Tylan Wallace. EDC is clearly not speaking about Bateman (although he would do well to stay on the field) or Andrews or Likely when he's talking about upgrading the receiver room.

The other 4 guys were the issue with the receiver room.

Athletes being athletes on twitter. Again, why we dont get honest thoughtful answers from GMs and coaches. You got dudes like Bateman who get their feelings hurt and pop off

#254 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,313 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 01:46 PM

Didn't Bateman have some eyeroll comment when Desean Jackson was signed?

Hey Rashod... you know who believes in you? Probably the guy that selected you in the 1st round. 
He probably just wants to see you actually stay on the field and produce. 

• BaltBird 24 and Steve55 like this

#255 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,388 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 01:47 PM

See, even Stoner is fed up with a player. Lol.
  • You Play to Win the Game and BaltBird 24 like this

#256 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 01:59 PM

Lol.  Says the guy who can't stay on the field and opted for season ending surgery rather than play through some pain.  We already knew he was physically soft.  Guess his feelings are soft too.  It's hard to ignore that the Ravens are becoming a prime time NFL soap opera.  

• BaltBird 24 likes this

#257 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 02 March 2023 - 02:01 PM

I'm never going to rush to the defense of management when the labor is unhappy but I'm a union man, so I suppose I'm a little bias in that regard.

With that said, I'm with Bateman. You can't keep crapping on the WR position and blaming the players when the system has been a blackhole for that position. 

To reiterate, a player's health status does nothing to invalidate his opinion/perspective on the situation. It's not like Bateman tried to get hurt. Hell, he even tried to play through the foot injury but couldn't do it. Granted, maybe his frustration is misdirected but the sentiment should not be dismissed. In the same vein as Bateman, I think there's a decent portion of the fanbase that has been rightfully frustrated with the organization over the last 12-18 months.

I guess we'll see what happens but the Ravens aren't looking too great here lately. Hopefully, the organization can right the ship.

@primetime667083

#258 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 02 March 2023 - 02:04 PM

Lol.  Says the guy who can't stay on the field and opted for season ending surgery rather than play through some pain.  We already knew he was physically soft.  Guess his feelings are soft too.  It's hard to ignore that the Ravens are becoming a prime time NFL soap opera.  

Bateman did try to play through the injury. If you're a WR and can't run, it's kinda difficult to go play, wouldn't you say? And how is the dude soft? He was never injured in college and has had some bad luck since being drafted. Getting hurt doesn't make you soft. Injuries happen in sports. 

I agree wholeheartedly about the Ravens becoming a soap opera. The shift in the culture of the organization once Ozzie stepped down is why Wink wanted out.

• makoman likes this
@primetime667083

#259 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 02:14 PM

I'm never going to rush to the defense of management when the labor is unhappy but I'm a union man, so I suppose I'm a little bias in that regard.

With that said, I'm with Bateman. You can't keep crapping on the WR position and blaming the players when the system has been a blackhole for that position. 

To reiterate, a player's health status does nothing to invalidate his opinion/perspective on the situation. It's not like Bateman tried to get hurt. Hell, he even tried to play through the foot injury but couldn't do it. Granted, maybe his frustration is misdirected but the sentiment should not be dismissed. In the same vein as Bateman, I think there's a decent portion of the fanbase that has been rightfully frustrated with the organization over the last 12-18 months.

I guess we'll see what happens but the Ravens aren't looking too great here lately. Hopefully, the organization can right the ship.

Just don't expect the millionaires in pro sports unions to come to the defense of other union workers.

While the system has been terrible for receivers, Hollywood did pretty well even though he didn't like the offense.  Has he blamed Saunders yet for his injury in Arizona.  And Bateman has looked promising, but he's hardly played.

#260 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,388 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 02:26 PM

Btw of course WRs were disgruntled in Roman's offense and didnt put up the numbers they wanted to put up. Doesnt mean that offense wasnt effective overall. If a RB got very few carries in a game they'd be unhappy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)

Our Sponsors

width=