2648 replies to this topic

#141 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,651 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 05:20 PM

Payton did somehow manager to have 4 losing seasons with one of the better statistic QBs of the modern Era.

Harbaugh has had 2, and both of those were with vastly injured teams who lost their starting QBs to season ending injuries.

Maybe Harbaugh has just had significantly better talent at the other positions.

#142 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 05:27 PM

That 2014 to 2016 stretch for New Orleans they consistently had a bottom 5 defense every year, and that wasn't scheme, they just had very little talent on that side of the ball. DeCosta and company acquiring talent with Payton managing the games, sign me up to see how it would go.

I know it isn't happening, but I'll keep on dreamin'...
  • bmore_ken likes this

#143 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 30 January 2023 - 07:57 AM

That 2014 to 2016 stretch for New Orleans they consistently had a bottom 5 defense every year, and that wasn't scheme, they just had very little talent on that side of the ball. DeCosta and company acquiring talent with Payton managing the games, sign me up to see how it would go.

I know it isn't happening, but I'll keep on dreamin'...

It doesn't seem to be a team that wants to give up what NO wants for Payton at this time. Next year I believe is the last yr of his contact. Just maybe another yr.

#144 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,563 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 30 January 2023 - 01:53 PM

It doesn't seem to be a team that wants to give up what NO wants for Payton at this time. Next year I believe is the last yr of his contact. Just maybe another yr.

NO seems like they're overplaying their hand.  Payton doesn't really have to come back, and if he unretired he'd put the team in an awkward spot.

#145 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,823 posts

Posted 30 January 2023 - 05:16 PM

Cap to be $224.8M.

$16M increase over 2022.  Close to most estimates so any numbers people have been throwing out about how much space the Ravens project to have should be valid.

#146 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,823 posts

Posted 30 January 2023 - 05:25 PM

Could generate up to $7.5M in space by reworking Stanley, about $6.75M by reworking Humphrey and about $4M by reworking Andrews.

Cut or trade Edwards for $4.4M in savings.

Cut or trade Clark for $4M in savings.

#147 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 30 January 2023 - 05:38 PM

Campbell may retire, that’s $7M savings. Or maybe they can get him back for less.

Zeitler costs over $9M. Could be an extension candidate.
Cutting saves $6.5 but he was good and replacing both guards would suck.

They restructure Stanley every year, would be nice if they didn’t have to for once.

#148 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,284 posts

Posted 30 January 2023 - 06:26 PM

Campbell may retire, that’s $7M savings. Or maybe they can get him back for less.

Zeitler costs over $9M. Could be an extension candidate.
Cutting saves $6.5 but he was good and replacing both guards would suck.

They restructure Stanley every year, would be nice if they didn’t have to for once.

I'd imagine cutting Zietler would coincide with resigning Powers. I don't see EDC willingly putting two holes in the offensive line.

#149 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,284 posts

Posted 30 January 2023 - 06:30 PM

Could generate up to $7.5M in space by reworking Stanley, about $6.75M by reworking Humphrey and about $4M by reworking Andrews.

Cut or trade Edwards for $4.4M in savings.
Cut or trade Clark for $4M in savings.

I think they keep Edwards. But I really don't see how they justify keeping Clark. You have a stud you just drafted at 14. Roquan wears the green dot. And Clark has been very average the past couple of seasons.

Cut Clark, look for CB help.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#150 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,563 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 30 January 2023 - 07:10 PM

I think they keep Edwards. But I really don't see how they justify keeping Clark. You have a stud you just drafted at 14. Roquan wears the green dot. And Clark has been very average the past couple of seasons.

This is a pretty minor issue but Edwards seems to whiff in blitz pickup more than I'd like to see.  I know it's hard to find a RB that is solid in blitz pickup but it'd be nice.  Lamar had Ingram, who was one of the best in the league at it, in 2019, and that also happened to be the year he was most effective against the blitz.

I think we cut Ricard too, he's too much of a zero as a receiver or a runner to keep around IMO and with 4 viable TEs on the roster there just doesn't seem to be a point.  On top of that his pass blocking has degraded a bit.

#151 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,152 posts

Posted 30 January 2023 - 07:58 PM

I'll be highly surprised if Edwards and Ricard aren't back.

#152 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,823 posts

Posted 30 January 2023 - 08:05 PM

Clark's definitely an easier decision than Edwards. Gus you'd like back but that's a big number for a RB. Maybe an extension that lowers his number is possible, or even a straight pay cut but that feels very unlikely.

Lamar's status will be huge. If he's at $45M, the we gotta rework all of the above guys and cut most of the candidates to generate enough room to keep Lamar, sign draft picks, and fill the roster and PS with enough leftover for in-season necessities. If he's on a new deal and only counts $15M or less, then there are a ton more options

#153 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 30 January 2023 - 09:32 PM

Clark is an easy cut to my eyes. Dude has zero ball skills. I want safeties to contribute SOMETHING against the ball downfield on occasion.

#154 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,284 posts

Posted 31 January 2023 - 06:02 AM

I'll be highly surprised if Edwards and Ricard aren't back.

They are the type if glue-guys the Ravens like to keep around.

Still would like to see us draft a mid-round RB too though.

#155 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 31 January 2023 - 09:11 AM

Tyler Huntley replacing Josh Allen in Pro Bowl.  How in the world is that possible?

#156 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,562 posts

Posted 31 January 2023 - 09:21 AM

Tyler Huntley replacing Josh Allen in Pro Bowl.  How in the world is that possible?

Wow. What a joke the Pro Bowl has become.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#157 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 31 January 2023 - 09:28 AM

Tyler Huntley replacing Josh Allen in Pro Bowl. How in the world is that possible?

He did win a playoff game.

For the Bengals.
@BSLMikeRandall

#158 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,479 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 31 January 2023 - 09:31 AM

Wtf?

#159 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 31 January 2023 - 10:06 AM

They called me, but I couldn't make it.

• You Play to Win the Game, russsnyder and Ravens2006 like this
@mikeghg

#160 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 31 January 2023 - 10:08 AM

He did win a playoff game.

For the Bengals.

Seriously though, who the hell cares who goes, it is a damn flag football game.  The NFL is going to have a player blow out his knee playing flag football and then that will be the end of the Pro Bowl.

• JStruds likes this
@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=