RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 02:06 AM

Teachers, not students, drove coronavirus spread in Georgia schools

https://news.yahoo.c...-185127224.html

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#10062 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 08:32 AM

Teachers, not students, drove coronavirus spread in Georgia schools

https://news.yahoo.c...-185127224.html

And none of those students helped by taking it back to their own families as a carrier?

#10063 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 23 February 2021 - 08:57 AM

And none of those students helped by taking it back to their own families as a carrier?

Yes, they did. They specifically talk about that in the article.

It's just saying that teachers that intentionally bucked the rules caused more of a spread.

#10064 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 23 February 2021 - 09:06 AM

It's just saying that teachers that intentionally bucked the rules caused more of a spread.

My argument after reading that is that they have no idea if the infection actually started with teachers, because NO ONE is doing second and third ring tracing. They have no idea if there were any asymptomatic kids in that class because when someone tests positive they aren’t shutting down the entire class, and making them all get a test before they could register as negative.

That’s the only way to KNOW that the teacher picked it up outside of school and brought it in. I have seen first hand testing and how weak it is. They don’t do nearly enough to really determine the cause or origin so articles like this draw a line and say on this was the first infection that showed symptoms/tested positive so that’s where it originated but they don’t know where THAT person got it. It’s not spontaneous.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#10065 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 09:37 AM

I didnt read that far, thanks.

My reason for staying out of the stores and restaurants, is that I cant controlled others. While most appear to be conscientious about social distancing and face coverings. Sadly, there are way too many that either wear it wrongly, or flat don't give a rats ass if they have it on at all.

I image the teaching population is no worse than the rest of the population on a whole. 

#10066 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 10:17 AM

My argument after reading that is that they have no idea if the infection actually started with teachers, because NO ONE is doing second and third ring tracing. They have no idea if there were any asymptomatic kids in that class because when someone tests positive they aren’t shutting down the entire class, and making them all get a test before they could register as negative.

That’s the only way to KNOW that the teacher picked it up outside of school and brought it in. I have seen first hand testing and how weak it is. They don’t do nearly enough to really determine the cause or origin so articles like this draw a line and say on this was the first infection that showed symptoms/tested positive so that’s where it originated but they don’t know where THAT person got it. It’s not spontaneous.

Unless they start doing it right, this mess is gonna be an annual event. The only way out is to track it down and isolate... no if's, and's, or but's...

(Unless they invent some kind of  God vaccine that adapts to the virus... which I don't think they think is possible.)

While I hate to say it, this requires being a hard-ass about it... which is something I am strongly against in other circumstances.

• JeremyStrain likes this

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#10067 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,479 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 23 February 2021 - 10:45 AM

Maybe I'm crazy, but at this point, I'd have rather authorities in Wuhan came and bolted up my front door for a couple months to beat this thing, rather than live the way we have the past 11+ months now. The short sightedness of capitalism and of our greedy government will be it's undoing. (Should say, has been, and will continue to be)

• RShack likes this

#10068 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 11:00 AM

Maybe I'm crazy, but at this point, I'd have rather authorities in Wuhan came and bolted up my front door for a couple months to beat this thing, rather than live the way we have the past 11+ months now. The short sightedness of capitalism and of our greedy government will be it's undoing. (Should say, has been, and will continue to be)

How can you say that, when there are deaths all over the world because of this?

Why the same hell was Wuhan playing with something like this?

#10069 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,479 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 23 February 2021 - 11:06 AM

How can you say that, when there are deaths all over the world because of this?

What are you talking about?

I'm simply saying, if given the option of COMPLETELY LOCKING DOWN, even in a draconian way, for a couple months - vs. this crap in America for going on a year, I'd take the former. 

#10070 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 11:13 AM

The lab in Wuhan is part of their CDC... they copied our CDC, and we helped them set it up.  We had 47 people embedded there until we pulled our people out.  We got the blueprint for the covid virus before the rest of the world did.  Moderna had their vaccine designed a few days *before* everybody else got the virus' blueprint.   

That lab is *the* place in China where their job is to study viruses.  Studying it does not mean they were playing with it.   

The outstanding questions we don't know the answers to are (1) where they got it and (2) how it got out.  We know that it was not some kind of germ-warfare thing they invented.  We can guess that it got out thru human error, but we don't really know.  It might have been some sort of malfunction.  People who think they did this on purpose are wacko's. 

We don't know if or when China will get over their usual secrecy reflex and just tell everybody WTF happened.  We tend to do things in public, China is just the opposite.  Just look at the diff in who got to see live coverage of each nation's Mars spacecraft landing,  There is nothing new about that, it's normal behavior for each country,  Yes, we need to lean on them to come clean about the 2 unanswered questions.  Will that work?  Beats me...

#10071 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 11:26 AM

The lab in Wuhan is part of their CDC... they copied our CDC, and we helped them set it up.  We had 47 people embedded there until we pulled our people out.  We got the blueprint for the covid virus before the rest of the world did.  Moderna had their vaccine designed a few days *before* everybody else got the virus' blueprint.   

That lab is *the* place in China where their job is to study viruses.  Studying it does not mean they were playing with it.   

The outstanding questions we don't know the answers to are (1) where they got it and (2) how it got out.  We know that it was not some kind of germ-warfare thing they invented.  We can guess that it got out thru human error, but we don't really know.  It might have been some sort of malfunction.  People who think they did this on purpose are wacko's. 

We don't know if or when China will get over their usual secrecy reflex and just tell everybody WTF happened.

My uncle worked at Fort Detrick several years ago, and while he couldnt say what they actually did, he was they did some scary crap there, but they have intense protocols in place.

If Wuhan had been intended as something more sinister, I guess they would have had a stronger payload in the virus. I don't trust the Chinese Government Security types, and truly hope, they do a lesson learned and fix their protocols, as I dont want to repeat this crap ever again.

#10072 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 23 February 2021 - 11:45 AM

Yeah I think the big problem is we started down the right path. And then instead of going all in to really get rid of it. We half assed it just enough to make things miserable and let things bounce back.
@JeremyMStrain

#10073 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 23 February 2021 - 12:12 PM

Perhaps someone mentioned this, but we recently went over 500,000 deaths. That's a staggering number. 

Tragic.

#10074 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,479 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 23 February 2021 - 12:20 PM

Perhaps someone mentioned this, but we recently went over 500,000 deaths. That's a staggering number.

Tragic.

The National Memorial Service last night was very good. Much needed. Also very hard, but really well done.

#10075 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 12:22 PM

Tragic.

The whole world as a total, has just under 2.5 million deaths, huge number.,

Anybody want to take a bet that the 4,800 that China is reporting is fake as all get out?

#10076 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 12:24 PM

Tragic.

Biden did a nice commemoration about it outside at the WH on TV last night... 500 candles, 1 per thousand... before going outside, he talked about the dead... talked to the people who feel the loss of them... then went outside to the candles with VP and their spouses, all of whom were entirely quiet...  the Marine Corps band played Amazing Grace...   

In contrast, not a word about it on Fox.  Instead, they had lotsa stuff about how we're giving up our liberties because of the Dem's scam to use covid to con people into submitting to mask tyranny, which we all need to resist to protect our freedom..

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#10077 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,479 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 23 February 2021 - 12:26 PM

Biden did a nice commemoration about it outside at the WH on TV last night... 500 candles, 1 per thousand... before going outside, he talked about the dead... talked to the people who feel the loss of them... then went outside to the candles with VP and their spouses, all of whom were entirely quiet... the Marine Corps band played Amazing Grace...

In contrast, not a word about it on Fox. Instead, they had lotsa stuff about how we're giving up our liberties because of the Dem's scam to use covid to con people into submitting to tyranny, which we all need to resist.

Yep. I'm completely over the "both sides" thing with the media. For Fox to not even broadcast the memorial at all is sickening.

#10078 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 12:38 PM

Yep. I'm completely over the "both sides" thing with the media. For Fox to not even broadcast the memorial at all is sickening.

I watched for 2 hours to see if they'd even mention the 500,000 dead.  They didn't.  Not a peep.  

But they did say that (some high %) of Repubs think Biden doesn't have the cognitive ability to be Prez.  (I really don't know, but my hunch is that Fox viewers don't know that Biden is fighting a lifelong stutter whenever he speaks...)

#10079 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 12:44 PM

Im in total agreement, not a single news agency is without fault. 

None of them are in the reporting news category these days.

Its twist the news and let me tell what is what.

#10080 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,201 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 01:03 PM

I watched for 2 hours to see if they'd even mention the 500,000 dead.  They didn't.  Not a peep.  

But they did say that (some high %) of Repubs think Biden doesn't have the cognitive ability to be Prez.  (I really don't know, but my hunch is that Fox viewers don't know that Biden is fighting a lifelong stutter whenever he speaks...)

Biden's speech impediment has something to do with Covid?

Please enlighten me.

<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=