Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 03:42 PM

Editorial:  Both sides have it wrong re: schools opening

https://www.washingt...wpisrc=nl_popns

• Old Man likes this

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#10102 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,341 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 24 February 2021 - 03:48 PM

Editorial:  Both sides have it wrong re: schools opening

https://www.washingt...wpisrc=nl_popns

Good read. All we'd need to make that happen, is an administration with a spine. We've at least got one that is human and has empathy, but still lacking the leadership we need, that takes bold, decisive action instead of punting it to the states. Something Biden continuously hounded the Trump administration for throughout the campaign. I'm starting to get pretty sick of all the lies.

#10103 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,372 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 24 February 2021 - 03:55 PM

Do we seriously have 506 pages of discussion in this thread?

@JeremyMStrain

#10104 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 03:58 PM

Do we seriously have 506 pages of discussion in this thread?

500 on politics and 6 on covid. :)

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#10105 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 04:46 PM

Good read. All we'd need to make that happen, is an administration with a spine. We've at least got one that is human and has empathy, but still lacking the leadership we need, that takes bold, decisive action instead of punting it to the states. Something Biden continuously hounded the Trump administration for throughout the campaign. I'm starting to get pretty sick of all the lies.

JFC, give the man a chance...

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#10106 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,341 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 24 February 2021 - 04:50 PM

JFC, give the man a chance...

I am. And I'm getting tired of the lies. Try and keep up.

#10107 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 06:39 PM

He's been in for 1 measly month and has to focus on getting the $1.9T bill through... be realistic...

#10108 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,341 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 24 February 2021 - 07:00 PM

He's been in for 1 measly month and has to focus on getting the $1.9T bill through... be realistic...

Trust me, I am. Go check out the far left Twitter. I'm not just realistic, I'm calm, relatively speaking. ;)

#10109 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,271 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 24 February 2021 - 07:34 PM

So, I guess this means some people who have already been vaccinated may want to get a 3rd shot?

https://www.cnn.com/...2865f1119b9ef5d

#10110 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 09:18 PM

So, I guess this means some people who have already been vaccinated may want to get a 3rd shot?

https://www.cnn.com/...2865f1119b9ef5d

Could be... or not.   

We don't really have good data on how the others do vs SA-variant over time.  There is some reason to believe that vaccine efficacy builds over some number of weeks.  So, if original version is less effective after X weeks, will it still be less effective after X+Y weeks?  Nobody knows... yet.

#10111 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 09:19 PM

Trust me, I am. Go check out the far left Twitter. I'm not just realistic, I'm calm, relatively speaking. ;)

I can think of no good reason to read far left twitter...

#10112 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,341 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 24 February 2021 - 09:24 PM

I can think of no good reason to read far left twitter...

Yeah I know. The one group that isn't owned by corporate interests. Just terrible people.
  • Mashed Potatoes likes this

#10113 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 11:55 PM

Tell them to take out all the non-Covid related crap they stuff into these. They make these bills thousands of pages long then tell them the vote is in two hours.
  • russsnyder likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#10114 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 01:49 AM

Tell them to take out all the non-Covid related crap they stuff into these. They make these bills thousands of pages long then tell them the vote is in two hours.

No, that's what another party does.  This one is going thru the mark-up and committee process, just like it's supposed to.  Until that's done, nobody knows exactly what's in it. 

Keep in mind that this is *not* a COVID bill.   It's a COVID-relief bill... which means it's responding not just to the disease but to the health and economic catastrophe that COVID and its mishandling has caused society. 

Anybody who claims they know about a bunch of non-COVID-relief stuff that's in it is not telling you the truth... because nobody knows yet.  The only things we know are what Biden wants in it.  That's all we know.

#10115 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 04:57 AM

Yeah I know. The one group that isn't owned by corporate interests. Just terrible people.

I never said they're terrible people.  I don't think they're terrible people.  I figure most of them are pretty good people.

I just think they're too wrapped up in their own self-righteous noise to remember that it takes 50 votes in the Senate to get *anything* done.  Doing anything they insist on beyond what Biden wants will absolutely prevent that 100%... which would be a terrible outcome, 

Bernie gets it... because he's been at this his whole life. 

You don't get it... but that's OK, you're quite new to this stuff.

#10116 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,991 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 05:14 AM

https://www.carrollk...overy-Plan.aspx

Select Carroll County schools will soon be open for five day in person learning. I believe the all of these schools offer targeted classes.( Vocational/ Technical, classes for Special Needs Students, etc.)
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#10117 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,991 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 05:24 AM

The Non-Covid Spending Blowout https://www.wsj.com/...out-11613937485

I know this us a paid site. If you can't download it, PM me and I'll give you the highlights.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#10118 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 06:06 AM

The Non-Covid Spending Blowout https://www.wsj.com/...out-11613937485

I know this us a paid site. If you can't download it, PM me and I'll give you the highlights.

The first 4 paragraphs are visible to me.  They include alot.

Just be aware... that's from the WSJ editorial board, not from the WSJ news operation... they are 2 very, very different things.

BTW, the bill is not supposed to be about COVID-the-disease... it's supposed to be about COVID-relief... which includes the disease + vaccinations + getting schools open + keeping hospitals open + keeping police and fire dept's open + preventing an even worse economic meltdown, especially for regular working people and small businesses.

Maybe you like that, maybe you don't... but don't act surprised when the bill is not just about the disease itself.  Nobody ever said it was.  Everybody always said it wasn't.

#10119 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 06:40 AM

He lied all throughout his political career, why should now be any different?

#10120 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 07:07 AM

All due respect, I don't need your advice on where I choose to get my news. But thanks for your concern. I don't want to derail the thread, but whatever party has the hammer puts pork in Bill's like this because of PACs and lobbyists. Lastly, the best I can say is that this bill is not as terrible as the laughable " Heroes Act".

You can get your news wherever you like,  I never suggested otherwise.

FWIW, I have no problem with the WSJ news operation... as a general rule it's really quite solid.  The WSJ editorial board is a very distinct and completely separate operation.  The WSJ news people get mad at them on a regular basis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=