628 replies to this topic

#341 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,678 posts

Posted 05 June 2022 - 11:35 AM

Yeah that’s misleading, all the back muscles are tied to the shoulders but the Lat works in conjunction with the core to rotate and lift the torso. It is mainly responsible for all of the torque of twisting the body during the throw and while all the muscles coincide with each other to complete the pitching motion it is not a shoulder injury.
  • You Play to Win the Game and TwentyThirtyFive like this

#342 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,777 posts

Posted 05 June 2022 - 12:41 PM

Sucks that he'll only have about 50-60 IP this year.... doesn't bode well for a heavy workload next year.

#343 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,304 posts

Posted 05 June 2022 - 12:45 PM

Yeah sucks he is going to be out for so long. Will certainly affect his workload for '23

#344 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,485 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 05 June 2022 - 01:38 PM

So it'll be about a year when we can start dreaming again of a competent Orioles rotation.

• BaltBird 24 and ivanbalt like this

#345 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,935 posts

Posted 05 June 2022 - 01:41 PM

Another reason for why we should've signed 3 SP this year and not just 1.

Hope he makes a fast and complete recovery.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#346 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,304 posts

Posted 05 June 2022 - 01:43 PM

Yeah that’s misleading, all the back muscles are tied to the shoulders but the Lat works in conjunction with the core to rotate and lift the torso. It’s is mainly responsible for all of the torque of twisting his body while throwing, and while all the muscles coincide with each other to compete the pitching motion it is not a shoulder injury.

Dr French is a quack. Who would've guessed.
  • Hooded Viper likes this

#347 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,126 posts

Posted 05 June 2022 - 02:35 PM

This is, once again, why I'm firmly in the "I'll believe it when I see it" camp. Until these guys are wearing Orioles uniforms and contributing to wins, they're not the real thing.

I hope he comes back better than ever, but this really puts his true first full season at 2024, which means he's likely not contributing to a possible playoff team until 2025 or 2026.

#348 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,126 posts

Posted 05 June 2022 - 02:40 PM

It actually is. Lat muscles are tied to the shoulder and arm.

Rodriguez was always a ticking time bomb because of the way he points the ball to second base, just like all the other pitchers that do it. This is just the first of many injuries if he doesn't change - which he likely won't.

https://images.app.g...nrHhEsfbhAyHtU8

Boy howdy. Yup. Sure looks like an arm to me.

#349 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,324 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 05 June 2022 - 02:57 PM

Geezus....see you in 2023

#350 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 June 2022 - 03:38 PM

Sucks that he'll only have about 50-60 IP this year.... doesn't bode well for a heavy workload next year.

The light workload sure didn’t keep him healthy. I really wish the industry would stop fooling themselves over their ability to motivate pitcher injuries. The only way to truly mitigate is to not pitch.

#351 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,304 posts

Posted 05 June 2022 - 03:45 PM

The light workload sure didn’t keep him healthy. I really wish the industry would stop fooling themselves over their ability to motivate pitcher injuries. The only way to truly mitigate is to not pitch.

I understand the frustration but you just cant jump these guys up in innings too much. I would hope they will let him throw 130-140 innings next year.

Obviously am glad its not an arm injury but man was I not expecting 2+ months and possibly his season being over

#352 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,304 posts

Posted 05 June 2022 - 03:46 PM

Extremely frustrating knowing how close he was to the majors and how much he was dominating AAA

#353 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 June 2022 - 03:49 PM

I understand the frustration but you just cant jump these guys up in innings too much. I would hope they will let him throw 130-140 innings next year.

Obviously am glad its not an arm injury but man was I not expecting 2+ months and possibly his season being over

Why can’t you? Where’s the evidence, any at all, that says you can’t?

#354 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 05 June 2022 - 03:49 PM

It actually is. Lat muscles are tied to the shoulder and arm.

Rodriguez was always a ticking time bomb because of the way he points the ball to second base, just like all the other pitchers that do it. This is just the first of many injuries if he doesn't change - which he likely won't.

It’s actually not, they tested him and there is no damage to his arm or shoulder.

Maybe he gets some innings in September and goes to the AFL to get a few extra innings to help a towards next year’s limit.

#355 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,304 posts

Posted 05 June 2022 - 03:56 PM

Why can’t you? Where’s the evidence, any at all, that says you can’t?

Throwing with fatigued arms is just asking for tons of serious issues

#356 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,748 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 05 June 2022 - 04:06 PM

I don't think you responded to me when I answered this the last time you posted it.  I respond with the same answer.

#357 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,777 posts

Posted 05 June 2022 - 04:08 PM

Probably won't see him in Baltimore before June 2023.

#358 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 June 2022 - 04:12 PM

Throwing with fatigued arms is just asking for tons of serious issues

who is saying throw on a fatigued arm? I didn’t know of fatigue limits, just innings/pitch limits, which don’t work btw. Just looking at the actual evidence. It’s just ridiculous to withhold such talent all over the game because of something that doesn’t work.

#359 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,304 posts

Posted 05 June 2022 - 04:47 PM

who is saying throw on a fatigued arm? I didn’t know of fatigue limits, just innings/pitch limits, which don’t work btw. Just looking at the actual evidence. It’s just ridiculous to withhold such talent all over the game because of something that doesn’t work.

Pitch count especially but added innings can lead to arm fatigue. I think one thing we have to keep in mind when talking about the limits on pitches and innings is how much more these pro guys are throwing breaking/off speef stuff now compared to 10 years ago. Let alone 30 yrs ago.

#360 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,485 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 05 June 2022 - 06:26 PM

So now they aren't sure of the severity of the strain and need more opinions. Cross your fingers that maybe it's not as bad as initially reported and he can maybe get close to 100 innings this season, even if they're all in the minors.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=