Hall is likely a RP anyway.

#382 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,712 posts

Posted 11 August 2022 - 08:54 AM

I'd worry a little bit about Rodriguez overthrowing if he's put back into a different role than he's used to and in the most pressure-packed environment of his life.  Also I don't know what the timeline is for getting him back on the mound.  Would obviously need to throw at least a few times in Norfolk before getting the call.

Not against it from a service standpoint.  Bring them up if you think they can help.  Hall I definitely think is basically ready for such a role.  I'm not too worried about his recent struggles.  Ideally I would like to see one more good outing from him (he was solid earlier this week, though still 3 BB), but then I'm fine with bringing him up.

#383 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 11 August 2022 - 09:02 AM

Hall also seems like a case of "okay you're not going to meaningfully fix this, let's see what you've got" 

You can be a good pitcher with a walks problem if you also pick up plenty of strikeouts or otherwise make sure those walks don't end up scoring 

she/her

#384 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 11 August 2022 - 09:16 AM

Hall is likely a RP anyway.

Too early to make that decision, but probably.  I have questioned his motion for awhile now.  It is pretty violent, and that usually causes problems as the innings mount.

I have said it before, his delivery reminds me of BJ Ryan.

@mikeghg

#385 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,564 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 11 August 2022 - 12:40 PM

Too early to make that decision, but probably. I have questioned his motion for awhile now. It is pretty violent, and that usually causes problems as the innings mount.
I have said it before, his delivery reminds me of BJ Ryan.

Interesting, I actually think he has a pretty easy delivery at least when it comes to his arm at the point of release. Could be a reliever but no reason to pigeonhole him there yet.

AAA season goes through the end of September so can keep him there as long as they need.

#386 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 11 August 2022 - 01:32 PM

Interesting, I actually think he has a pretty easy delivery at least when it comes to his arm at the point of release. Could be a reliever but no reason to pigeonhole him there yet.

AAA season goes through the end of September so can keep him there as long as they need.

Maybe it is the exaggerated motion and he has a tendency to kick his front leg across after his release point.  I do agree, it is too early to say where he should be..

My view, the bull pen needs reinforcement, but I do not think Hall or GRod are at a point where they should be asked to throw 3 or 4 times a week. 

@mikeghg

#387 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,729 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 23 August 2022 - 06:57 AM

https://www.masnspor...n-to-real-games

I doubt we see him in Baltimore, but it's nice to see that G-Rod should get a  little more work in before the season finishes up.

#388 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 23 August 2022 - 08:51 AM

If he is being ramped back up then def lets get him some innings in the AFL

#389 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 23 August 2022 - 09:30 AM

If he is being ramped back up then def lets get him some innings in the AFL ALCS

Fixed it for you.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#390 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 23 August 2022 - 09:37 AM

I love the positive thinking but playoff rosters have to be filled with guys who are on or have been on the roster before Sept 1

#391 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,712 posts

Posted 23 August 2022 - 09:46 AM

I love the positive thinking but playoff rosters have to be filled with guys who are on or have been on the roster before Sept 1

You can be added in the postseason without having been on the 40-man if you're replacing someone on the IL.

I'm not 100% sure but it may also be possible to add Rodriguez to the 40-man before September and then option him.  He'd burn an option, but he's got 3.

https://www.mlb.com/...les-eligibility

• makoman likes this

#392 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 23 August 2022 - 09:47 AM

I thought you could replace an injured person with anybody. Logan Gillaspie gets soreness in September, good to go. FRod came to the Angels mid or late September for their WS, so did David Price.

They certainly could have changed that or there's some nuance I'm unaware of. 

#393 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 23 August 2022 - 10:07 AM

Im not 100% sure how it works either. Was listening to the MASN podcast guys yesterday and they were saying how Henderson needs to be called up before Sept 1 to be eligible for the postseason. Or at least thats what I thought I heard.

#394 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,028 posts

Posted 27 August 2022 - 03:36 PM

Elias said he's almost positive that Grayson Rodriguez will see game action before this year is out. He added also there's good chance DL Hall could be the Sept. 1 pitcher that is called up. Encouraged by 2 IP in pen this week. Hall still a starter long term.

#395 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 28 August 2022 - 02:04 PM

Elias said he's almost positive that Grayson Rodriguez will see game action before this year is out. He added also there's good chance DL Hall could be the Sept. 1 pitcher that is called up. Encouraged by 2 IP in pen this week. Hall still a starter long term.

It still ticks me that MLB is limiting the amount of pitcher's teams are allowed.  The Orioles need pitchers more than position players at this point.

@mikeghg

#396 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,729 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 29 August 2022 - 01:12 PM

Starting in Aberdeen on Thursday!
  • Greg Pappas likes this

#397 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 29 August 2022 - 01:24 PM

Ill be at the game Thur. Lol
  • DuffMan likes this

#398 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 03 September 2022 - 01:57 PM

Starting for Bowie Tuesday. Still think he could be a RP for the O's down the stretch.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#399 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,564 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 03 September 2022 - 03:24 PM

Starting for Bowie Tuesday. Still think he could be a RP for the O's down the stretch.

If they stay in it, definitely.

#400 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,028 posts

Posted 07 September 2022 - 11:24 AM

MASN: Grayson Rodriguez talks about his two-inning outing at Bowie

https://www.masnspor...outing-at-bowie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors