#361 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,728 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 05 June 2022 - 06:59 PM

So now they aren't sure of the severity of the strain and need more opinions. Cross your fingers that maybe it's not as bad as initially reported and he can maybe get close to 100 innings this season, even if they're all in the minors.

This was my thought....that they are hyper-worst casing this and he'll get to start rehab in 5-6 weeks.

Doing that keeps the pressure watch off.  It's just perspective management.

My guess is between rehab, September and (like Bob suggested) AFL, he'll get 120+ innings and a regular offseason.  That would put him in line for a mostly regular season next year.  You still likely slow play him a little and maybe limit him to 5 innings for a couple months, but that's ok if you're targeting the 175-190 range (#math)

#362 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,562 posts

Posted 05 June 2022 - 07:38 PM

TINSTAAPP
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#363 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,023 posts

Posted 05 June 2022 - 09:16 PM

Uhhh...usually when teams want second opinions its because the first opinion was really bad news. Are we sure this isn't going to wind up being worse?

#364 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,035 posts

Posted 05 June 2022 - 09:23 PM

I could see the Os being overly dramatic on the GRod news and conservative on the timeline for now. Prepare the fans for the worse. Chance he could be back in a few months. Im probably being hopeful

#365 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,607 posts

Posted 05 June 2022 - 09:25 PM

We're acting like he blew out his arm... it's a muscle strain in his back. He'll be fine.
  • Hooded Viper and dude like this

#366 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,035 posts

Posted 05 June 2022 - 09:29 PM

We're acting like he blew out his arm... it's a muscle strain in his back. He'll be fine.

Its just the timeframe that sucks but yeah its not the end of the world. Not really worried hes going to lose any of his stuff

#367 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,562 posts

Posted 06 June 2022 - 05:47 AM

Sounds like something that could be a recurring issue. Either way you slice it this isn’t good news at all.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#368 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,583 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 06 June 2022 - 06:55 AM

Sounds like something that could be a recurring issue. Either way you slice it this isn’t good news at all.

Where did you see that? I didn’t get that impression.
  • makoman likes this

#369 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 06 June 2022 - 07:03 AM

Where did you see that? I didn’t get that impression.

Yeah, generally I feel like muscles heal back to normal. Tendons and ligaments are more prone to recurring. Just anecdotal...

#370 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,785 posts

Posted 06 June 2022 - 09:17 AM

Back pain recurs constantly, so I understand Sean's fear.  Rodriguez isn't in his late 30s though, so hopefully this is just a muscle strain from overuse and not the onset of a lifetime of randomly occurring injuries.

• NewMarketSean likes this

#371 JTrea81

JTrea81

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 06 June 2022 - 09:35 AM

https://images.app.g...nrHhEsfbhAyHtU8

Boy howdy. Yup. Sure looks like an arm to me.

Now look up what the latissimus dorsi muscle does.

#372 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,023 posts

Posted 06 June 2022 - 05:03 PM

Now look up what the latissimus dorsi muscle does.

With pleasure.

"Strong "lats" help you use your arms to pull your body weight up. Good examples of activities that use the lats extensively include doing chin-ups, rock climbing, and swimming."

https://www.verywell...-anatomy-297067

I guess he'll really struggle with pulling his pitches down towards the mound from now on.

#373 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 06 June 2022 - 11:01 PM

You know it’s good news when El Trea pokes his troll head up.

@fuzydunlop

#374 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 10 August 2022 - 01:33 PM

Threw off a mound today per Roch.

I feel this bullpen isn’t going to last 50-60 more games. Him and Hall could help in September.

#375 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 10 August 2022 - 01:36 PM

Threw off a mound today per Roch.

I feel this bullpen isn’t going to last 50-60 more games. Him and Hall could help in September.

They may not last 5-6 more games, honestly. Definitely wilting and in the midst of 17 straight days with a game thanks to losing two off days with a Boston remake (tomorrow), and the Cubs remake next week.

But anyway, bringing them up to help the pen is an interesting thought. The Braves just pulled up their top prospect for the stretch run. Out of AA.

#376 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 10 August 2022 - 01:50 PM

They may not last 5-6 more games, honestly. Definitely wilting and in the midst of 17 straight days with a game thanks to losing two off days with a Boston remake (tomorrow), and the Cubs remake next week.

But anyway, bringing them up to help the pen is an interesting thought.

Someone (might have been you?) mentioned David Price. He came up in 2008 to relieve in their WS run. I don't know how Rodriguez is going to feel after a few months off, but he could probably give some innings with the benefit of sorta easing into MLB without having to go 5+ innings. Likewise Hall has been shaky enough lately that you aren't going to throw him into a playoff race rotation right now, but a few innings here and there instead of like Sulser/Gillaspie/Garcia or the like? Sure.

#377 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,562 posts

Posted 10 August 2022 - 05:56 PM

Don’t see how you can throw GRod into a postseason race after having been sitting on a couch for 3 months. 

#378 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,583 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 10 August 2022 - 06:02 PM

Don’t see how you can throw GRod into a postseason race after having been sitting on a couch for 3 months. 

Because even so he is the most talented pitcher in the organization. Use him out of the bullpen if you have to, same with DL.

#379 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,035 posts

Posted 10 August 2022 - 07:15 PM

No problem going to GRod and or Hall for BP innings down the stretch. Its not going to happen with GRod. Could happen with Hall.

#380 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,023 posts

Posted 10 August 2022 - 09:57 PM

Hall has been getting blown up. I don't like that idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=