4263 replies to this topic

#4261 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,565 posts

Posted 26 February 2024 - 09:24 AM

I watched Triple Frontier last night. What an odd movie. It felt like one of those late 90's action movies dumped in February. The actors have decent chemistry but the script is strangely weak considering the people behind it and the movie had very little suspense or tension. There were a few decent moments, but everything happened kind of matter-of-factly. And it ended with a "really?"

I've been reading about this movie being in development for years. It was written by Mark Boal and was going to be directed by Katheryn Bigelow of the Hurt Locker and Zero Dark Thirty, two of some of the best movies of the new millennium. It was going to star Will Smith or Tom Hanks when they still had clout. It had a real sense of place, in the crime-ridden jungles of Brazil, Paraguay and Argentina. But this movie has none of that. The script is dumb. The pacing is strange.

It's one of those "what could have been" kinda movies. Instead it feels more like Proof of Life.

Rewatched it again last night. I think I liked it more the second time around. Especially the first 2/3 of the movie. The movie does loose steam in the final third and ends with a whimper. Still, it's one of the better Netflix movies but that ain't saying much.

Cast is great though. I think Affleck was awesome in this.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#4262 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,565 posts

Posted 27 February 2024 - 11:07 AM

I watched Marathon Man for the first time last night. Pretty good movie. Hoffman and Olivier were great in it. God I love 70s movies.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#4263 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,743 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 25 April 2024 - 07:46 AM

Don't know what the movie is about, but damn it's great seeing Jackman in the yellow and blue.

#4264 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,565 posts

Posted 25 April 2024 - 09:16 AM

Don't know what the movie is about, but damn it's great seeing Jackman in the yellow and blue.

I've sworn off Marvel movies after Endgame but Deadpool & Wolverine does look good. And the Deadpool movies have always done their own thing.

• Mashed Potatoes likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=