#4221 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,634 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 25 August 2023 - 06:52 PM

Why would they push it back? Cuz the actors can’t plug it? Everyone knows about this film.

This is annoying.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#4222 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,676 posts

Posted 26 August 2023 - 08:02 PM

Yeah bummed about Dune getting pushed back. Part one was my favorite blockbuster film of the last 20 years. And second one looked amazing. But I’ll be there come March for sure.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#4223 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,676 posts

Posted 26 August 2023 - 08:04 PM

I rewatched Red Dawn recently. One of my favorite 80s movies and one of the most misunderstood movies too.

Then I rewatched Starship Troopers and I was like there’s one of the most misunderstood movies from the 90s. Fascinating double bill.

Love them both. They’re much deeper than you’d expect after your initial viewings.
  • Mashed Potatoes likes this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#4224 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 08 September 2023 - 08:24 PM

16 years after Eli Roths faux trailer for “Thanksgiving” from the Grindhouse double feature, they made the movie for real.

NSFW of course.

https://youtu.be/Jsp...ztKUvDDIAtUhJgx

https://youtu.be/OHW...iXimgG20tHtmL89
@BSLMikeRandall

#4225 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,676 posts

Posted 08 September 2023 - 09:09 PM

I love it, just wish they had cast the actors from the actual trailer.

• Mike in STL likes this

#4226 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 09 September 2023 - 12:31 PM

I love it, just wish they had cast the actors from the actual trailer.

Michael Biehn I’m sure could use the work. I don’t know why he didn’t have a bigger career.
@BSLMikeRandall

#4227 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,759 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 20 September 2023 - 05:17 PM

WGA and the studios finally meeting today to resume negotiations. The difference this time is 4 of the CEO's from thr streamers will be involved. Not sure if that's going to help or hurt things.

#4228 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,676 posts

Posted 20 September 2023 - 06:51 PM

Watched Stand by Me on a plane recently. It’s a movie I’ve see a million times and grew up watching. It still crushes me each time. It may be my favorite movie of all time. But if you ever ask me I’ll say The Godfather. But SBM is the most personal movie of my life. Obviously if you read my signature.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#4229 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 21 September 2023 - 04:27 AM

Why would they push it back? Cuz the actors can’t plug it? Everyone knows about this film.

This is annoying.

I suspect it's cooking the books since they know 2024 is gonna be bad, if they can push back one blockbuster it helps when 2023 already looks good.
@DaKittenz

#4230 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,634 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 21 September 2023 - 10:48 AM

Watched Stand by Me on a plane recently. It’s a movie I’ve see a million times and grew up watching. It still crushes me each time. It may be my favorite movie of all time. But if you ever ask me I’ll say The Godfather. But SBM is the most personal movie of my life. Obviously if you read my signature.

Every once in a while you have a good pop culture take. This is one of them. Stand By Me is immaculate

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#4231 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,759 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 21 September 2023 - 10:55 AM

WGA and the studios finally meeting today to resume negotiations. The difference this time is 4 of the CEO's from thr streamers will be involved. Not sure if that's going to help or hurt things.

They plan on getting back at it today.  Maybe they can make some headway.  Funny thing is they still need to get to SAG but I think once something is done with WGA there's a decent chance the SAG dispute can be resolved in a decent amount of time.

#4232 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,759 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 21 September 2023 - 10:56 AM

I suspect it's cooking the books since they know 2024 is gonna be bad, if they can push back one blockbuster it helps when 2023 already looks good.

They also want to be able to send out those beautiful people (Chalamet, Zendaya, etc.) to help promote the movie

#4233 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,759 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 25 September 2023 - 09:51 AM

They plan on getting back at it today.  Maybe they can make some headway.  Funny thing is they still need to get to SAG but I think once something is done with WGA there's a decent chance the SAG dispute can be resolved in a decent amount of time.

Writers and the studios have reached a deal!  The union still has to approve it, but it sounds like it's a done deal.  Next up will be the actors.  But in the meantime it means the return of late night shows.  My personal favorite is Last Week Tonight and I will be looking forward to seeing John Oliver back on TV again.

#4234 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,759 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 12 October 2023 - 11:06 AM

Welp SAG and the Studios have hit a snag in their talks after several days of negotiations and have stopped talks for now.  Could be a while yet before their strike is resolved.

#4235 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 14 October 2023 - 10:50 AM

Exorcist: Believer

Let down. It wasn’t scary at all. It was an okay movie, but could have been much better. There are some themes they touched but never leaned into that would have really ratcheted up the tension.

Take out one swear and it might as well have been PG-13. If you’ve seen the trailer, you’ve pretty much seen everything you need to.

2/5
@BSLMikeRandall

#4236 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,676 posts

Posted 16 October 2023 - 12:47 PM

Exorcist: Believer

Let down. It wasn’t scary at all. It was an okay movie, but could have been much better. There are some themes they touched but never leaned into that would have really ratcheted up the tension.

Take out one swear and it might as well have been PG-13. If you’ve seen the trailer, you’ve pretty much seen everything you need to.

2/5

Was interested to see what DGG could do with the franchise after delivering one and a half good Halloween reboots but the reviews were awful and the trailers didn't really do much to get me excited to see it. I'll check it out when it ends up on a streamer.

And as great as the original Halloween movie is, it's a stalk and slash film. It's the best movie of a sub-genre. The Exorcist is one of the best movies ever made, period. So it was going to take a bit more than updating the story to the present and bringing back the original actress.

During COVID I watched The Exorcist TV show that aired a while back. It's actually a very good sequel to the film.

#4237 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 16 October 2023 - 01:53 PM

Was interested to see what DGG could do with the franchise after delivering one and a half good Halloween reboots but the reviews were awful and the trailers didn't really do much to get me excited to see it. I'll check it out when it ends up on a streamer.

And as great as the original Halloween movie is, it's a stalk and slash film. It's the best movie of a sub-genre. The Exorcist is one of the best movies ever made, period. So it was going to take a bit more than updating the story to the present and bringing back the original actress.

During COVID I watched The Exorcist TV show that aired a while back. It's actually a very good sequel to the film.

Yeah, so far DGG is 1 for 4 in Horror movie reboots with a 3-game losing streak. 

Good news is he's got to make 2 more of these! Exorcist is going to be a trilogy as well. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#4238 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,759 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 07 November 2023 - 05:22 PM

Welp SAG and the Studios have hit a snag in their talks after several days of negotiations and have stopped talks for now. Could be a while yet before their strike is resolved.

Almost a month later this thing might actually get done.

#4239 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,384 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 07 November 2023 - 10:34 PM

Spider-Man Across The Spider-Verse is amazing!

#4240 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,759 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 08 November 2023 - 07:05 AM

Spider-Man Across The Spider-Verse is amazing!

It really is.  I just watched it 2 more times recently.  Once by myself and another time with one of my kids.

There is just so much packed into it to enjoy.  I'm not sure right now though which one I like more.  I think Into is the "better" movie but I enjoy "across" more if that makes sense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=