Hobgood is freaking 30? Christ.

Lol. That was a joke.

#63 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,289 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:57 PM

I see Hobgood got the save. That's a nice 30th bday gift for him.

LOL. Turns 24 August 3rd.  Don't know where his velocity is, but know Hobgood has 21 bb's in 44.1 ip this year.  Been a long road for him... have heard reports he works hard. Would be nice to see him find a little success. Had hoped he could reclaim some of what Jordan and the O's liked as a reliever.  Maybe not.

#64 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,524 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:05 PM

Sorry. I'm delirious.

The fact it's remotely believable speaks to how completely irrelevant he's been. Thanks for making me look a fool Hobsuck.
  • Chris B likes this

#65 fishteacher

fishteacher

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,883 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:39 AM

I trolled tweet by Hobgood a few years ago when he was hurt and I told him he should get to work if he wanted to make the big club someday...he responded pretty professionally and it was funny. I told him good luck in the minors....
I'm here to do two things...chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum. ~ Roddy Piper
@therealjfisher

#66 Dr. FLK

Dr. FLK

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:17 AM

Why doesn't Bundy strikeout anyone out?  7Ks, 8BBs in 17.2 innings with Frederick?  Not very encouraging.

#67 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,289 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:17 AM

Why doesn't Bundy strikeout anyone out?  7Ks, 8BBs in 17.2 innings with Frederick?  Not very encouraging.

Something to note/watch; but the most important thing really is that he's back on a mound and taking the ball every 5th day. The stuff apparently is pretty good, and improving. Another Winter of rehab, and I think we will see him regain everything he had.  I"ll be more interested in performance next year.

#68 Dr. FLK

Dr. FLK

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:24 AM

Something to note/watch; but the most important thing really is that he's back on a mound and taking the ball every 5th day. The stuff apparently is pretty good, and improving. Another Winter of rehab, and I think we will see him regain everything he had.  I"ll be more interested in performance next year.

I keep hearing this talk.  I just find it hard to believe that if the "stuff is good", he can't get A-ball hitters to swing and miss.

#69 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,289 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:43 AM

I keep hearing this talk.  I just find it hard to believe that if the "stuff is good", he can't get A-ball hitters to swing and miss.

I do think that is fair. As long as he is back on a mound and competing, you want to see him have results. Especially at the A ball level, with younger professional hitters and expanding strike zones.  Certainly fair to watch and wonder about.... not something I'm currently worried about though.

#70 tennOsfan

tennOsfan

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationJonesborough, TN

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:12 AM

Perhaps he's working on certain things and being told to not worry about results.  Wishful thinking perhaps.

#71 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:20 AM

Just because a guy is back and pitching doesn't mean they are fully recovered. My money would be on him not getting back to being Bundy until next season.
@JeremyMStrain

#72 FlavaDave10

FlavaDave10

Dave

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationBalmer

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:23 AM

Bundy is not back to 100%. If he is:

1.) We're screwed.
2.) Bundy has super freaky healing powers.

Takes a while to build back up strength in your arm, get back into the swing of things, etc. If he does this next season, I'll start being concerned. Last night was certainly a step in the right direction. 

• Greg Pappas likes this

"We're not going to be f***ing suck this year" - Alex Ovechkin

@BaltimoreDavey

#73 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,754 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:44 AM

Nothing to see here.  

This year is nothing but getting his work in and getting his stuff back where it needs to be to compete.

Who knows, maybe he's throwing just fastballs and hitters can sit on one pitch....they know where he's at too.

Still a lot to do with total innings and stuff.....so I just want to see him taking the ball.

#74 FlavaDave10

FlavaDave10

Dave

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationBalmer

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:07 PM

Nothing to see here.  

This year is nothing but getting his work in and getting his stuff back where it needs to be to compete.

Who knows, maybe he's throwing just fastballs and hitters can sit on one pitch....they know where he's at too.

Still a lot to do with total innings and stuff.....so I just want to see him taking the ball.

Oh I can tell he ain't 100%. If he was, he'd be throwing breaking balls. He's not. Bundy's still getting his arm strength back. Definitely liked what I saw last night. He's slowly getting back to what he was rather than slamming the pedal to the floor trying to get into the big leagues. I don't say this often, but so far, the Orioles have handled Bundy's rehab pretty darn well. 

@BaltimoreDavey

#75 FlavaDave10

FlavaDave10

Dave

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationBalmer

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:11 PM

Just because a guy is back and pitching doesn't mean they are fully recovered. My money would be on him not getting back to being Bundy until next season.

He won't be Bundy until next season. He's easing himself back into shape. It's got to be hell for a guy like Bundy, but it's probably going to be the best thing for him in the long run. 

@BaltimoreDavey

#76 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:36 PM

Sorry. I'm delirious.

The fact it's remotely believable speaks to how completely irrelevant he's been. Thanks for making me look a fool Hobsuck.

I knew he wasn't that old, but it seems that way given how long he's been in the system.

@levineps

#77 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:39 PM

I trolled tweet by Hobgood a few years ago when he was hurt and I told him he should get to work if he wanted to make the big club someday...he responded pretty professionally and it was funny. I told him good luck in the minors....

He has to deal with the "haters" all the time. Do I think it's fair, no... it comes with the territory of being such a high draft pick. And I don't feel too bad, given the amount of money he got. I've seen respond to comments like "you'll never above single A ball" with something like, "Don't worry, I'll be in the bigs eventually." 

@levineps

#78 Greg Pappas

Greg Pappas

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:56 AM

Nice piece on Bundy by Ian Oland of The Washington Post.

#79 Greg Pappas

Greg Pappas

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:23 PM

Bundy goes tonight... hoping to see him throw well and stay healthy.

#80 Greg Pappas

Greg Pappas

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:31 AM

http://www.milb.com/...s_t493&sid=t493

Dylan Bundy was dominant in his first start at the Grove in 2014, while the Frederick Keys offense tallied 16 hits in a 7-3 rain-shortened win over the Carolina Mudcats on Tuesday night at Harry Grove Stadium. Following one hour and 10 minutes in delays, the game was called after eight innings. Pitching in Frederick for the first time since August 8, 2012, Bundy struck out seven over 4.1 innings, the most strikeouts he had registered in a Carolina League game all season. Offensively, five members of the orange and black finished with multiple hits.

Bundy worked into the fifth inning, scattering five hits. Twice the right-hander struck out the side, while the seven strikeouts were tied for the second-most Bundy had posted in a game since undergoing Tommy John surgery. In the game he threw 73 pitches, and exited after a flyout by Logan Vick.

I'm pleased to see that Bundy showed real improvement yesterday, and may be getting back to where he needs to be. Granted, it's just one 4 1/3 inning effort, but the signs were there, and that's what the O's are looking for. Can't wait 'til next year, and for the moment he unleashes his full -unimpeded- arsenal.

Stay healthy young man and keep doing what you do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=