Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 06:46 AM

6/27: 5ip, 3 hits, 0 er, 2 bb's, 7 k's

Aberdeen Season: 15 ip, 10 hits, 1 er, 3 bb's, 22 k's

MASN: Bundy and Brian Graham on Bundy's outing
http://www.masnsport...ng-tonight.html

Couple of interesting notes in the MASN article. Good quotes... we knew he was moving up... I was hoping for Bowie, appears it will be Frederick. Graham stating Bundy will stay on a 75 pitch count the remainder of the year.

#42 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 28 June 2014 - 10:04 AM

I'm not sure if going to the pen in Baltimore is going to be in his best interest.

Does him ramping it up and going all out for 15-25 pitches effect his arm? Does doing something he's not used to cause problems?

#43 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,358 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 28 June 2014 - 10:54 AM

I'm not sure if going to the pen in Baltimore is going to be in his best interest.

Does him ramping it up and going all out for 15-25 pitches effect his arm? Does doing something he's not used to cause problems?

I'm not sure why that would effect his arm. He's apparently healthy now, so there's no need to baby him beyond the typical coming off TJ precautions. If pitching in the pen is really going to cause a problem, then it's likely because he wasn't fully healthy or his mechanics and/or durability are such issues that whatever problem would have occurred at some point anyway.

#44 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:57 AM

7/4 Frederick: 4.2ip, 4 hits, 3 er, 2 bb's, 3 k's

NewsAdvance.com: Orioles taking cautious route with Bundy's rehab
http://www.newsadvan...17a43b2370.html

#45 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:35 AM

Baseball Prospectus / Tucker Blair: Eyewitness Report
http://www.baseballp...hp?reportid=174

#46 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 07:39 AM

7/10: 3ip, 5 hits, 3 er, 2 bb's, 2 k's

#47 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:35 AM

As I said before, he's unlikely to help this year.

#48 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:41 AM

7/10: 3ip, 5 hits, 3 er, 2 bb's, 2 k's

As I said before, he's unlikely to help this year.

The good news is, we likely don't need him to help this year. I am perfectly fine with him getting his flava back this year and then making a push for next year's rotation.

#49 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:52 AM

Well, he definitely was never going to help out of the rotation. I was never a fan of putting him in the pen either, even if he had pitched well in his minor leagues stints.

#50 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:47 PM

He got lit up again tonight.

http://www.milb.com/...d=milb&sid=t493

#51 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:04 PM

Why I would have seen how much other teams valued him before he started pitching real innings again.

He was never going to be valued quite as high as he was before the surgery, but I think you still could have used him as the main piece for a big trade.

I know, I know, he is only one year out from surgery but he's just gonna have to prove himself that much more if he keeps getting lit up in a league he absolutely dominated 2 years ago.

Again, it really makes '15 crucial because it's his last option year.

#52 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,765 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:09 PM

Had any top prospect ever been traded after TJ but before pitching again?  I can't remember it happening.

We did hear his name floated in some rumors last year and in the offseason, though, so it's not a ridiculous idea, but I just don't think there is much of a agreeable middle ground between the Orioles wanting to value him closely to his pre-injury value and other teams wanting to value him at a greatly reduced price due to the uncertainty.

#53 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:24 PM

Had any top prospect ever been traded after TJ but before pitching again? I can't remember it happening.

We did hear his name floated in some rumors last year and in the offseason, though, so it's not a ridiculous idea, but I just don't think there is much of a agreeable middle ground between the Orioles wanting to value him closely to his pre-injury value and other teams wanting to value him at a greatly reduced price due to the uncertainty.

I'm sure it has, probably even Top 50-75 prospects. Now , an uber top 5 prospect we probably would remember.

I likely agree with you, there probably wasn't enough middle ground, but it only takes one. I guess I was at the point, where I would have taken less value for him. Bud Norris?? No, of course not. Jeff Smardaja or his caliber of player?? Probably.

#54 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,544 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:49 PM

Why I would have seen how much other teams valued him before he started pitching real innings again.

He was never going to be valued quite as high as he was before the surgery, but I think you still could have used him as the main piece for a big trade.

I know, I know, he is only one year out from surgery but he's just gonna have to prove himself that much more if he keeps getting lit up in a league he absolutely dominated 2 years ago.

Again, it really makes '15 crucial because it's his last option year.

I will have to plead complete ignorance here, but how in the world can a guy who has pitched exactly 1.2 innings in the majors have just one option year left?

Doesn't seem fair at all.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#55 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,580 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:07 PM

Signed a major league deal out of the draft. Adam Loewen did as well if I'm not mistaken.
  • Pedro Cerrano likes this

#56 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:08 PM

I will have to plead complete ignorance here, but how in the world can a guy who has pitched exactly 1.2 innings in the majors have just one option year left?

Doesn't seem fair at all.

He got a ML contract when he signed out of HS. Was immediately on the 40 man roster and therefore started his option years.
  • Pedro Cerrano likes this

#57 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,092 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:07 PM

MASN: Bundy: "There are just some things I need to work on"

http://www.masnsport...to-work-on.html

#58 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,725 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:45 PM

MASN: Bundy: "There are just some things I need to work on"

This isn't a big deal.  Of course he has stuff to work on....he hasn't pitched much in over 18 months.....it just takes some time to get back where he needs to be and that's true of all guys going through this.

Usually, you see guys take a year to get their stuff back.....but that's why it's just crazy-talk acting like he's going to show up in Baltimore and doing anything meaningful.

The Orioles have a lot of management to do with his time so the schedule is about this year AND next year.....he's going (should) be on an innings limit next year too.....so the first 3-4 months are in the minors and hopefully he gets back fully with managed innings and we see him around JUL/AUG. 

• fishteacher likes this

#59 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:51 PM

MiLB.com @MiLB 48m

#Orioles top prospect @Dylan_Bundy allows three hits over six scoreless innings for @FrederickKeys. http://atmilb.com/1p8xYvB

• BSLChrisStoner, SportsGuy and fishteacher like this

#60 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:53 PM

MiLB.com ‏@MiLB 48m
#Orioles top prospect @Dylan_Bundy allows three hits over six scoreless innings for @FrederickKeys. http://atmilb.com/1p8xYvB

I see Hobgood got the save. That's a nice 30th bday gift for him.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)

Our Sponsors

width=