#41 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:58 PM

Yep, if it wasn't already time to promote him, it's time now.

#42 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:57 PM

Definitely time to move the man up. He's just nasty.

Anyone have any idea what the longest scoreless streak to start a professional career is?

@AdamWolff

#43 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:01 PM

Definitely time to move the man up. He's just nasty.

Anyone have any idea what the longest scoreless streak to start a professional career is?

Forget longest scoreless streak, what about the longest hitless streak.

#44 JeffLong

JeffLong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,826 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:05 PM

Forget, longest scoreless streak, what about the longest hitless streak.

I don't know about the minors but the appropriate MLB streaks would be:

Consecutive perfect innings - 15 - Mark Buehrle

Consecutive Scoreless Innings - 59 - Orel Hershiser

Consecutive no-hit innings - 25.1 Cy Young

Consecutive Scorless Innings to Start an MLB Career - 39 - Brad Zeigler
@JeffLongBP

#45 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,144 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:19 AM

Camden Depot: Is Dylan Bundy being mishandled?
http://camdendepot.b...mishandled.html

#46 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:28 AM

http://www.masnsport... ... -note.html

While not a huge deal, this is just dumb.

The idea that he can only work with this pitching coach and/or only learn to better throw his changeup in Delmarva is poor.

#47 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,144 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:33 AM

http://www.masnsports.com/steve_melewski/2012/04/a-homestand-of-good-pitching-and-bundy-note.html

While not a huge deal, this is just dumb.

The idea that he can only work with this pitching coach and/or only learn to better throw his changeup in Delmarva is poor.

Yeah, I agree on all counts. It was fine to start him at Delmarva. Keeping him there now, is likely not a big deal. There is no reason to think he can only work on those issues at Delmarva.

You might as well get him to Frederick, or even Bowie now and provide some challenge. Sounds like the plan is to get him to Frederick for most of the 2nd half, and a cup of coffee at Bowie before the year ends. He will start next year at Bowie, and then May/June probably be up to the bigs.

#48 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:46 AM

I am not sure I believe he ends up in Bowie this year unless the plan is to put him in Frederick for less than 7 starts or so.

BTW, is this going to be a case where they say, we will leave him down until the AS game because we want him to have that honor? That is just so dumb when they do that.

#49 ravens8589

ravens8589

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:20 AM

My only question is, why? There is absolutely no point in letting him sit there in Delmarva blowing everything by the weak competition that is clearly not on his level. At the very least, put him in Fredrick. He is too good for Delmarva (and I think he is too good for Fredrick as well). I just don't like how they're progressing him along. Give him competition to see where he is at right now. If he can handle Bowie, whcih we do not know yet, than he is a lot closer to ready than some think. I know he shouldn't be at the bigs yet this season, but I would not be shocked if he is ready by next season.
@Langley486

#50 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:30 AM

My only question is, why? There is absolutely no point in letting him sit there in Delmarva blowing everything by the weak competition that is clearly not on his level. At the very least, put him in Fredrick. He is too good for Delmarva (and I think he is too good for Fredrick as well). I just don't like how they're progressing him along. Give him competition to see where he is at right now. If he can handle Bowie, whcih we do not know yet, than he is a lot closer to ready than some think. I know he shouldn't be at the bigs yet this season, but I would not be shocked if he is ready by next season.

Likes the pitching coach and developing his changeup.

Those are actually the reasons.

They make no sense in the grand scheme of things.

#51 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:21 PM

I see Boston promoted Matt Barnes...he was a college pitcher though.

#52 ravens8589

ravens8589

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:15 PM

Likes the pitching coach and developing his changeup.

Those are actually the reasons.

They make no sense in the grand scheme of things.

I have to wonder why a pitching coach would matter. He has to move up eventually. I do understand they want him to master that changeup but do it against better competition that can challenge him.
@Langley486

#53 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:23 PM

I have to wonder why a pitching coach would matter. He has to move up eventually. I do understand they want him to master that changeup but do it against better competition that can challenge him.

I'm sure the idea is that they want him to get comfortable throwing in in game conditions, so that when he faces actual competition he doesn't shy away from the pitch at the first sign of trouble.

I would be pushing him more, especially after seeing how he is pitching right now, but I see the logic in what the club is doing. I think that they just want to stay the course, when it may be better to make some adjustments to the plans to get him to a higher level sooner.

I mean, the kid pitches tonight with a single walk to blemish his record over 13 innings. If he gets to 17 with the same line or close to it...Hell, tell him to throw everything but his fastball tonight so he can get used to those pitches and be on the next bus to Frederick.

#54 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

Maybe they're treating this time as bullpen sessions, since it's clear that he might as well be throwing with statues in the batters box.

Any chance he goes straight to Bowie?

Either way, it's way better than Hobgood, who did the same thing, except that instead of throwing his bullpen sessions to live batters, he was throwing them in extended spring training.

#55 Greg Pappas

Greg Pappas

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:54 PM

While I agree that Bundy should get to Frederick sooner than 5 starts from now, would anyone feel differently about pushing this kid along if he goes 2 2/3 tonight and gives up 7 hits and 5 ER? Just playing Devil's Advocate. ;)

#56 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:04 PM

While I agree that Bundy should get to Frederick sooner than 5 starts from now, would anyone feel differently about pushing this kid along if he goes 2 2/3 tonight and gives up 7 hits and 5 ER? Just playing Devil's Advocate. ;)

Depends on how he does it. If he gets into trouble and panics, that may be a cause for concern. If he's simply doing exactly what he has in his first four starts, it just means that it is time to make adjustments. If he is doing something crazy, like throwing all changeups just to get in a rhythm, I wouldn't take much away.

#57 Can_of_corn

Can_of_corn

Lacks Fancy Title

• Members
  • Pip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:06 PM

That would actually cause me to think he is bored and sending the brass a (very wrong) message.

I just don't see low A kids doing much more then getting some lucky wood on him. (shame we don't have an OOC thread)

As long as he is pitching in Baltimore by June 1st next year they can do whatever they like.

Well I hear Linda Ronstadt is looking for a guitar player.

#58 Can_of_corn

Can_of_corn

Lacks Fancy Title

• Members
  • Pip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:15 PM

Hitless streak ends at 13

Asheville's leadoff hitter just got a hit off Dylan Bundy. First hit off him this year after 0-for-39 start vs. Sally League.

Well I hear Linda Ronstadt is looking for a guitar player.

#59 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:51 PM

1 hit and 1 walk in tonight's start?

Keep him in Delmarva, that's just an inexcusable outing.

:roll:

#60 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:53 PM

He allowed a walk and a hit tonight...he sucks! :)

Palmer just said Buck was talking bout him not throwing many breaking balls...wouldn't the need for that increase against better competition?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=