• This topic is locked This topic is locked
318 replies to this topic

#1 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,675 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:56 PM

Bundy is starting tonight for Delmarva. In his first 3 innings, he has held Asheville without a hit. He also has not allowed a walk, and has 6 k's.

#2 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,675 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:58 PM

I said in the other thread that I could see Bundy being at Delmarva for April and May, before being promoted to Frederick for June, and July (with August TBD).

If he goes two to three starts and completely overwhelms the Low A competition, he is going to have to be promoted even quicker.

#3 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,675 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:43 PM

D. Bundy's night was over after those initial 3 innings. The box-score says he threw 21 pitches, all for strikes!

#4 Can_of_corn

Can_of_corn

Lacks Fancy Title

• Members
  • Pip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:05 PM

D. Bundy's night was over after those initial 3 innings. The box-score says he threw 21 pitches, all for strikes!

That would mean the K's were all 3 pitches and the other three out recorded were on one pitch.

Seems unlikely.

Well I hear Linda Ronstadt is looking for a guitar player.

#5 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,675 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:13 PM

That would mean the K's were all 3 pitches and the other three out recorded were on one pitch.

Seems unlikely.

Yeah, apparently not correct. However, it appears he was just as dominating as we all had hoped to see.

#6 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,372 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:39 PM

Yeah, apparently not correct. However, it appears he was just as dominating as we all had hoped to see.

Nope, they don't really track pitch counts in A and SS, they will disappear from the box scores later. AA and AAA they do track them.
@JeremyMStrain

#7 Can_of_corn

Can_of_corn

Lacks Fancy Title

• Members
  • Pip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:33 AM

Bundy said he thinks it was 43 pitches.

That puts a very small damper on my enthusiasm, I would hope that with no base runners allowed he would be more efficient against low A opposition.

Still minor nitpick at this stage.

#8 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,675 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:45 AM

MLB.com / Danny Wild: Bundy unhittable in pro debut
http://www.milb.com/...&vkey=news_milb

#9 Big Mac

Big Mac
  • Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationWilmington, DE

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:58 PM

Palmer just said on the broadcast he'd be surprised if Bundy didn't pitch in Baltimore this year. Wow. Personally, I see no way this happens but who am I to second guess Jim Palmer.
@s_sully91

#10 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,294 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:05 PM

Palmer just said on the broadcast he'd be surprised if Bundy didn't pitch in Baltimore this year. Wow. Personally, I see no way this happens but who am I to second guess Jim Palmer.

Keith Law (his response in bold):

Justified “@PC022: Jim Palmer: I'd be very surprised if Dylan Bundy wasn't in the big leagues by the end of the yr. @keithlaw your thoughts”

#11 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:28 PM

NO way he makes it to Baltimore this year. Best case scenario is he breezes through low A and Hi A before getting a cup of coffee at AA before he hits his innings limit. Next year is much more realistic.

#12 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,675 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:20 AM

Jim Callis / Baseball America was asked on Twitter, "Redraft today, who do you take at #1 if you are Pirates last yr?"

Callis responded, "Beginning to think it should be Bundy. Nothing wrong w/Cole."

#13 Don Olsen

Don Olsen

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationSeverna Park, MD

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:21 PM

I have always said that he should have been the first choice. I have been around the game long enough and have seen what the very best has been offered from the high school ranks.

I mean no one came off more glowing than Dylan, not Van Poppel, not Beckett, sure as not Taillon.
@Olsen_Don

#14 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,675 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:17 PM

FanGraphs: Dylan Bundy Dominates
http://www.fangraphs...g-report-video/

#15 Can_of_corn

Can_of_corn

Lacks Fancy Title

• Members
  • Pip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:43 PM

FanGraphs: Dylan Bundy Dominates
http://www.fangraphs...g-report-video/

I think the writer went a bit overboard in his praise considering it was 3 innings in a low A game.

#16 JeffLong

JeffLong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,826 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:11 PM

I think the writer went a bit overboard in his praise considering it was 3 innings in a low A game.

I've spoken with Mike Newman a bit about my own forays into scouting, couldn't be a nicer guy.
He's not one to write fluff pieces. I trust his opinion up there with Klaw, Goldstein and Callis.

Essentially, he's saying that the pitch count was artificially high, which means that it's every bit as impressive as discussed. Granted, it is lo-A, but it's still professional hitters. And Bundy seemed to be toying with them if you believe Mike's piece (which I do).
@JeffLongBP

#17 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,372 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:45 PM

I've spoken with Mike Newman a bit about my own forays into scouting, couldn't be a nicer guy.
He's not one to write fluff pieces. I trust his opinion up there with Klaw, Goldstein and Callis.

Essentially, he's saying that the pitch count was artificially high, which means that it's every bit as impressive as discussed. Granted, it is lo-A, but it's still professional hitters. And Bundy seemed to be toying with them if you believe Mike's piece (which I do).

Yeah Mike is pretty good. He's been doing chats and stuff with Nick and Jon for a long time, and I've been following him for a while now.

Dylan is too good for this level, but it's always better to err on the side of caution.
@JeremyMStrain

#18 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:49 AM

I'll cry a little bit the day he gives up his first earned run. Might be awhile though.

#19 JeffLong

JeffLong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,826 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:09 AM

Wrote a piece over at The Futurists on Bundy if you're interested...

http://thefuturists....the-bundy-hype/
@JeffLongBP

#20 Brobey

Brobey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 561 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:09 PM

Another three innings...another perfect outing with the same 6 strikeouts as last outing.

I know it is low A ball, but 6 perfect innings with 12 strikeouts. How soon should he be moved to Frederick?
@brobey1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=