#81 Can_of_corn

Can_of_corn

Lacks Fancy Title

• Members
  • Pip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:32 PM

Has to be a promotion coming, like..yesterday, right?

What good is it doing to keep him in Low A right now? I wasn't opposed to starting him there, but it's clearly not a challenge. Let's get him to Frederick already.

Being at low A allows for him to be on a 6 man rotation which further limits his innings and allows for two bullpens before each start.

Well I hear Linda Ronstadt is looking for a guitar player.

#82 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,327 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 04:20 PM

FanGraphs: http://www.fangraphs...-prep-draftees/

#83 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,243 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:45 PM

Bundy tonight: 5 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 K

Bundy 2012: 25 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 36 K

#84 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,003 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:06 AM

Definitely his "worst" performance so far, at least from the stat line. Still, he needs to move up to Frederick soon. How many more 5 IP starts is he supposed to have? Did the shorter than planned outing last time out push back his timeframe?

#85 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:37 PM

Definitely his "worst" performance so far, at least from the stat line. Still, he needs to move up to Frederick soon. How many more 5 IP starts is he supposed to have? Did the shorter than planned outing last time out push back his timeframe?

I think it's ridiculous that he's still at Delmarva. He's outclassed the opponent every time he's been out. Clearly, he has NOTHING to prove. Let's get him up to Frederick already.

@AdamWolff

#86 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:45 PM

I think it's ridiculous that he's still at Delmarva. He's outclassed the opponent every time he's been out. Clearly, he has NOTHING to prove. Let's get him up to Frederick already.

Calm down...it is 100% part of restricting his innings. He decided to take this path up himself, not the team, and I'm sure the level was part of the deal.

Trust me, you are happier they are doing it this way instead of shutting him down Aug 1st. This is basically creating a full season, short season team. Since those don't start til the summer, they had to be creative. As long as they keep his innings down and then turn him lose in a couple weeks, it doesn't bother me. Patience is key here.
@JeremyMStrain

#87 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:41 PM

Calm down...it is 100% part of restricting his innings. He decided to take this path up himself, not the team, and I'm sure the level was part of the deal.

Trust me, you are happier they are doing it this way instead of shutting him down Aug 1st. This is basically creating a full season, short season team. Since those don't start til the summer, they had to be creative. As long as they keep his innings down and then turn him lose in a couple weeks, it doesn't bother me. Patience is key here.

Yeah, I understand, and definitely agree about preferring this over being shut down August 1st. I guess my main thing is not so much the innings, just why not move him up? Wouldn't he be better served throwing 4 or 5 inning outings at Frederick right now, rather than against guys that are posing little to no challenge to him?

@AdamWolff

#88 Nuclear Dish

Nuclear Dish

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 573 posts
  • LocationZichron Yaakov, Israel

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:05 AM

Yeah, I understand, and definitely agree about preferring this over being shut down August 1st. I guess my main thing is not so much the innings, just why not move him up? Wouldn't he be better served throwing 4 or 5 inning outings at Frederick right now, rather than against guys that are posing little to no challenge to him?

Because there was no reason to have him going 3-inning outings in Frederick. It's still only once through the order. He needed to build innings stamina first, then move up to where he can face more challenging batter multiple times through the order. That will allow him to use his full array of pitches.

"Three thousand years of beautiful tradition, from Moses to Sandy Koufax..."

-Walter Sobchak

#89 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:42 PM

5 ip, 1 hit, no runs, no walks, 4 ks today.

#90 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:08 PM

Melewski is saying Peterson is going to recommend that Bundy gets moved to Frederick, likely by his next start. If Peterson wants it, they should listen.

#91 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:21 PM

Melewski is saying Peterson is going to recommend that Bundy gets moved to Frederick, likely by his next start. If Peterson wants it, they should listen.

That would mean he would debut at High-A at Harry Grove Stadium this Saturday at 6:00 PM. If that happens, i'll be there.

#92 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:49 PM

Unless they decide to put him in Bowie for that start :D

#93 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:57 PM

Unless they decide to put him in Bowie for that start :D

Yeah, that would suck. Well, I wouldn't have a problem with it developmentally, but just for my own selfishness. Not a big fan of the Bowie area. And I'm a cool 15 minutes from Harry Grove.

#94 Nuclear Dish

Nuclear Dish

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 573 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:41 AM

That's not how I read Melewski. I read it that he is likely to make one more start (Saturday night) at home for Delmarva, then get promoted, likely to Frederick for the start following that one.

-Walter Sobchak

#95 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,327 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:31 AM

MLB Dirt: Bundy needs to be promoted
http://mlbdirt.com/2...to-be-promoted/

#96 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:13 AM

MASN Orioles just posted this one line status update on Facebook:

Could Dylan Bundy be on the move?

Edit: Now they have an article with it (already mentioned in this thread, nothing new)

Rick Peterson talks about a possible Dylan Bundy promotion
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#97 Kevin Ebert

Kevin Ebert
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:36 PM

I went and saw Bundy throw yesterday. He came as advertised with a great fastball mostly 96-98. He only threw 2 changes and 1 curve because the Suns hitters couldn't catch up to his fastball. Besides needing to throw his offspeed stuff more often, he was great.

Btw I sat just in front of the Orioles scout that was there watching the game with Parker Bridwell and Tim Berry, who were charting the pitchers for the Shorebirds. Really interesting perspective to watch a game.

I'm going to write up what I saw over at my blog. I'll post a link here when it's up.
@BSLKevinEbert

#98 Nuclear Dish

Nuclear Dish

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 573 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:02 PM

Btw I sat just in front of the Orioles scout that was there watching the game with Parker Bridwell and Tim Berry, who were charting the pitchers for the Shorebirds. Really interesting perspective to watch a game.

I did this once in Frederick in 1991. Sat with the scouts and Brad Pennington, who was charting pitches for Chuck Ricci. I agree that it was really interesting, primarily because the scouts are looking for one thing, the players for something else, and you as the fan are soaking it all in while trying to enjoy the game too.

-Walter Sobchak

#99 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:07 AM

Dylan Bundy's father (Denver Bundy) is on Twitter. I sense that he has some frustration with the way Dylan is being handled.

Denver Bundy ‏@Denver_Bundy
Dilemma, we want you to throw change-ups because the hitters can catch up with that and justify keeping you down.

http://twitter.com/#!/denver_bundy
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#100 Kevin Ebert

Kevin Ebert
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:55 PM

Really interesting tweet from Dylan's father. I hope he realizes that the minor leagues are all about development to get the players ready for the big leagues. Results are nice, but they are really not the primary goal. Part of my blog post actually talks about Bundy's non-usage of his secondary pitches, and the fact that he doesn't really need them in Low A ball but will when he gets to the big leagues. If Low A hitters can only get around on his changeup but not his fastball, and because of that he doesn't throw it - he shouldn't be there. Move him to a level where he needs his secondary pitches too.

Anyway, rant over. Here are my thoughts on Bundy's start from Sunday in Hagerstown:

http://eutawstreetbl... ... stown.html
@BSLKevinEbert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=