• Please log in to reply
400 replies to this topic

#61 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:51 PM

Fox just reported that, as of Arod's comments last night about a conspiracy to keep him off the field, MLB is no longer considering negotiating. They are planning to ban him all of this year and next year.
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#62 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:37 PM

Fox just reported that, as of Arod's comments last night about a conspiracy to keep him off the field, MLB is no longer considering negotiating. They are planning to ban him all of this year and next year.

That's fine with me, just don't want him banned for life.

@levineps

#63 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,522 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:04 AM

Alex Rodriguez acting as if suspension hammer won’t fall

So conflicted here. I don't know whether to be totally disgusted by him, or to acknowledge that I'm impressed by the most amount of obstinance shown this side of Pete Rose. I guess in the end, all I really care about is that the Yankees don't get off scot-free from the nearly $100 million left on his contract.

• Mike B likes this

#64 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 04 August 2013 - 08:29 AM

If I weren't an O's fan (let's say I was a Padres fan), I'd be rooting for the lifetime ban. 

@levineps

#65 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:58 PM

Told you the right play was the under on 50 games played the rest of his career.

#66 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:16 PM

Told you the right play was the under on 50 games played the rest of his career.

ESPN's reporting that he's eligible pending his appeal. So however long that takes this season, that's that many fewer games he needs to play after whatever suspension he receives. And he's under contract for four more seasons.

@DJ_McCann

#67 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:34 PM

And he's under contract for four more seasons.

MD2kIDu.gif

• You Play to Win the Game and Don Quixote like this
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#68 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,650 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:46 AM

Alex Rodriguez acting as if suspension hammer won’t fall

So conflicted here. I don't know whether to be totally disgusted by him, or to acknowledge that I'm impressed by the most amount of obstinance shown this side of Pete Rose. I guess in the end, all I really care about is that the Yankees don't get off scot-free from the nearly $100 million left on his contract.

I am torn too.  Torn between, seeing this arrogant cheating SOB, get what he deserves but also do not want to see the Yankees escape from the silly contract they gave him.

Bottom line though, IMO, his whole career is a fraud.

@mikeghg

#69 Thyrl

Thyrl
  • Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:43 PM

I had a fun talk with Joe Sheehan today about A-Rod and the Biogenesis fallout - http://bit.ly/1c3NMyY

• BSLChrisStoner and You Play to Win the Game like this
@Thyrl

#70 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:56 PM

AROD is really going to screw himself.

I actually like the guy as a player...He is a definitely someone who needs to keep his mouth shut but, like everyone else who has been so adamant about not doing this or that, he is going to end up looking bad in the end.

I do think its bs that he gets the longer suspension and I am sure he is hoping for a reduction of that.

#71 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:11 PM

AROD is really going to screw himself.

I actually like the guy as a player...He is a definitely someone who needs to keep his mouth shut but, like everyone else who has been so adamant about not doing this or that, he is going to end up looking bad in the end.

I do think its bs that he gets the longer suspension and I am sure he is hoping for a reduction of that.

I really don't think it's BS given that there appears to be evidence linking him to the recruitment of several other players to this clinic. Furthermore, he is a known user, but never has been suspended due to there not being a policy in place then.

I had a fun talk with Joe Sheehan today about A-Rod and the Biogenesis fallout - http://bit.ly/1c3NMyY

Good stuff, very well done. Thanks for sharing.

• Mark Carver likes this

#72 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:52 PM

Deadspin: A Non-Exhaustive List Of People MLB Has Not Suspended For 211 Games

@DJ_McCann

#73 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:01 PM

His Braun-esque playing the victim card is pretty obnoxious -- talking about how hard it is for him. His "problems" here pale in comparison to people with real problems who didn't cause their own demise.

@levineps

#74 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:42 PM

What a weird scene in Chicago. Alex Rodriguez signing autographs for hundreds of people. Smiling, talking to fans like its just another game. Crazy.
@beginthebegin71

#75 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:44 PM

What a weird scene in Chicago. Alex Rodriguez signing autographs for hundreds of people. Smiling, talking to fans like its just another game. Crazy.

Was this at the suggestion of his PR company?

@levineps

#76 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:46 PM

Was this at the suggestion of his PR company?

Who knows, I've seen him sign a lot in the past, and I'm sure he is thrilled to be out there, and that there are fans that want his autograph.

@beginthebegin71

#77 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:47 PM

Who knows, I've seen him sign a lot in the past, and I'm sure he is thrilled to be out there, and that there are fans that want his autograph.

Well maybe not so phone then, he just seems that way recently.

@levineps

#78 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:52 PM

It's just so weird to see...It's like when you root for the bad guy in Wrestling, people just want to be around him tonight.

@beginthebegin71

#79 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:52 PM

No, he definitely is. Actions speak louder than words, and there's a big body of work there. He's a phony. It's obvious what his motivation is when he's "seen" signing lots of autographs. People like A-Roid are just scum. I'm wholly comfortable with that take.

Is anyone else tuning into A-Roid's first AB tonight, which could come in the top of the 1st if NYY gets a base runner? I probably wouldn't if the O's were playing, but since they're not, I have to say, I'm intrigued, so I'll watch.

#80 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:57 PM

No, he definitely is. Actions speak louder than words, and there's a big body of work there. He's a phony. It's obvious what his motivation is when he's "seen" signing lots of autographs. People like A-Roid are just scum. I'm wholly comfortable with that take.

Is anyone else tuning into A-Roid's first AB tonight, which could come in the top of the 1st if NYY gets a base runner? I probably wouldn't if the O's were playing, but since they're not, I have to say, I'm intrigued, so I'll watch.

More with the autographs if he does that on a regular basis, I just assumed he doesn't usually do that but apparently he's done before according to Seth. But I do agree with you, he's probably making a "special effort" tonight to do it. I don't like his whole playing the victim card. He put himself in that situation. That's a bigger deal to me.

ESPN has said they are going to be turning to his his first AB (they are doing the Cards- Dodgers game). Not sure what MLBN plans are.

@levineps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=