#81 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:58 PM

No, he definitely is. Actions speak louder than words, and there's a big body of work there. He's a phony. It's obvious what his motivation is when he's "seen" signing lots of autographs. People like A-Roid are just scum. I'm wholly comfortable with that take.

Is anyone else tuning into A-Roid's first AB tonight, which could come in the top of the 1st if NYY gets a base runner? I probably wouldn't if the O's were playing, but since they're not, I have to say, I'm intrigued, so I'll watch.

Nah, it'll be fun to watch. I can't wait! Hope he hits three Home Runs. I think MLB handled this terribly.

I do find it hysterical when O's fans make fun of him...We had Larry Bigbie, Jason Grimsley, Jay Gibbons, Brian Roberts, and David Segui...All roiders, and most of them sucked. Oh, and we didn't win shit.

At least A Rod was really good.

Not justifying what he did, mind you, but he's not "more wrong" in using PED's than anyone else.

@beginthebegin71

#82 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:03 PM

Nah, it'll be fun to watch. I can't wait! Hope he hits three Home Runs. I think MLB handled this terribly.

I do find it hysterical when O's fans make fun of him...We had Larry Bigbie, Jason Grimsley, Jay Gibbons, Brian Roberts, and David Segui...All roiders, and most of them sucked. Oh, and we didn't win shit.

Not justifying what he did, mind you, but he's not "more wrong" in using PED's than anyone else.

I think there's going to be evidence coming out that proves he really is more wrong, in the sense that he spread the epidemic by recruiting players to Biogenesis and helping them cover their tracks. A-Rod is a self loathing, phony piece of garbage. It just doesn't seem very hard to me to see the distinction between cheaters like him, and cheaters like everyone else who have to do it so they can even make it. 

See, I don't even necessarily have a huge problem with the HGH and stuff like that in general, I think most of this stuff has been a witch hunt, and handled terribly. My one and only issue with this has always been that it forces other people, who may not have ever wanted to or intended on cheating, to do just that because they know it could be the difference in them making it or not. 

In that sense, I have much more of a problem with guys who were already very fucking good, like him... Bonds, Clemens, etc.

#83 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:04 PM

You forgot Raffy!

Yeah we're all a bit hypocritical on the whole steroids issue. Who knows if B-Rob really only did it once after all, I take him at his word, but I don't know for sure. Jay Gibbons without roids wasn't too good. And I loved him when he was here.

Here's the difference to me, lots of guys cheat -- not lots of guys impede investigations -- that's the difference between Braun/Aroid and the typical cheat.

@levineps

#84 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:06 PM

I think there's going to be evidence coming out that proves he really is more wrong, in the sense that he spread the epidemic by recruiting players to Biogenesis and helping them cover their tracks. I dislike all roiders equally, but some are easier to forgive than others. A-Rod is a self loathing, phony piece of garbage. It just doesn't seem very hard to me to see the distinction between cheaters like him, and cheaters like everyone else who have to do it so they can even make it. 

Chris nails this one, he's just not a likeable guy. I mean I dislike the Yankees to begin with but they got some class guys -- Jeter and Rivera stand out both on-and-off the field, Aroid just isn't a good person.

@levineps

#85 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:07 PM

Anyone that gets angry at A Rod, but "loves" other guys who did it are being hypocrites. I frankly don't care either way.

Of course B Rob didn't do it "once", but you know what, that's ok. Again, it's not right, but it was so rampant in the game, that there's just no way to tell who was, who wasn't, and frankly how much it helped anyone.

A Rod was an amazing talent, no one can deny that. But yes, he's a jerk, I won't deny that.

@beginthebegin71

#86 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:11 PM

I think there's going to be evidence coming out that proves he really is more wrong, in the sense that he spread the epidemic by recruiting players to Biogenesis and helping them cover their tracks. A-Rod is a self loathing, phony piece of garbage. It just doesn't seem very hard to me to see the distinction between cheaters like him, and cheaters like everyone else who have to do it so they can even make it. 

See, I don't even necessarily have a huge problem with the HGH and stuff like that in general, I think most of this stuff has been a witch hunt, and handled terribly. My one and only issue with this has always been that it forces other people, who may not have ever wanted to or intended on cheating, to do just that because they know it could be the difference in them making it or not. 

In that sense, I have much more of a problem with guys who were already very fucking good, like him... Bonds, Clemens, etc.

THIS, on a million levels..It's completely a Witch Hunt..

I hear you, those guys didn't need it, per se. That just makes it more sad and pathetic than anything.

@beginthebegin71

#87 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:12 PM

One more thing, i still think Ryan Braun is more of an A-hole than A Rod.

Braun ruined a guy's life, and no NO problem doing it.

@beginthebegin71

#88 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:15 PM

THIS, on a million levels..It's completely a Witch Hunt..

I hear you, those guys didn't need it, per se. That just makes it more sad and pathetic than anything.

Yeah, it's definitely a witch hunt.

Agreed RE: Braun. 

I also think that MLB has a responsibility to try to create the illusion that it has it's hands wrapped around this HGH thing, because again, it just isn't fair to the regular Joe's who fight to play the game clean. And let's face it, in reality, x% of those "regular Joe's" end up using, because it's the only way to stay on their level, at least they perceive it that way, IMO.

#89 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:20 PM

Yeah, it's definitely a witch hunt.

Agreed RE: Braun. 

I also think that MLB has a responsibility to try to create the illusion that it has it's hands wrapped around this HGH thing, because again, it just isn't fair to the regular Joe's who fight to play the game clean. And let's face it, in reality, x% of those "regular Joe's" end up using, because it's the only way to stay on their level, at least they perceive it that way, IMO.

Well said. And I do believe (hope) that 95 % of the guys are playing the game the right way nowadays...Today will definitely help the game in the long run.

MLB means business. Finally.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this
@beginthebegin71

#90 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

I tuned in late, what happened? I saw Cano got a hit, but A-Rod didn't bat? Doesn't look like he was caught stealing, was he thrown out trying to stretch it into a double or something?

#91 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

I tuned in late, what happened? I saw Cano got a hit, but A-Rod didn't bat? Doesn't look like he was caught stealing, was he thrown out trying to stretch it into a double or something?

Yep, trying to stretch into a double.

Jerk.

@beginthebegin71

#92 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:22 PM

Yep, trying to stretch into a double.

Jerk.

I'm glad that whoever reported Cano was going to be suspended prior to the season (I think it was someone on Yahoo, could be wrong), was wrong. I like him quite a bit, and would like to remain under the probable illusion that he's clean. :lol:

#93 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:23 PM

I also find it kind of amusing that Pettitte is starting A-Roid's first game back.

• BobPhelan likes this

#94 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:24 PM

I'm glad that whoever reported Cano was going to be suspended prior to the season (I think it was someone on Yahoo, could be wrong), was wrong. I like him quite a bit, and would like to remain under the probable illusion that he's clean. :lol:

I hope so too. He's a terrific talent.

@beginthebegin71

#95 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:25 PM

I also find it kind of amusing that Pettitte is starting A-Roid's first game back.

And Quintana (White Sox starter) served a suspension while in the Minors.

Weird.

@beginthebegin71

#96 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:28 PM

One more thing, i still think Ryan Braun is more of an A-hole than A Rod.

Braun ruined a guy's life, and no NO problem doing it.

I referred to Braun as baseball's Lance Armstrong for that reason. You definitely have a point for Braun being a worse person, don't care as much about him he plays for a bad team and one that isn't relevant to the Orioles.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this
@levineps

#97 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:28 PM

Haha, Hawk is such a nut.

#98 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:29 PM

And Quintana (White Sox starter) served a suspension while in the Minors.

Weird.

Interesting, didn't realize that.

#99 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Haha, Hawk is such a nut.

God, I effing love that guy...Such a homer, seems like such a pompous ass, but I LOVE him.

@beginthebegin71

#100 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Jeter for Aroid was also ironic. Does anyone care at this point besides us diehards that Petitte did roids? He handled it pretty well, admitted to it, moved on. Basically how every player should.

@levineps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=