• Please log in to reply
400 replies to this topic

#1 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,235 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:13 PM

@JimBowdenESPNxm: Jim Axelrod of the CBS Evening News is reporting that Alex Rodriguez could be facing a lifetime ban from Major League Baseball.Not confirmed

#2 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:17 PM

Part of me says YEAH. Another part says no way in h*** should they let the Yankees out of that contract ($86m from 2014 to 2017).

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#3 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:19 PM

I hear this is in response to him threatening to retire before they can suspend him.

@JeremyMStrain

#4 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,948 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:21 PM

Horrible news for the O's.  Let the Yankees pay him every last dime of that contract.

#5 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:26 PM

@JimBowdenESPNxm: Jim Axelrod of the CBS Evening News is reporting that Alex Rodriguez could be facing a lifetime ban from Major League Baseball.Not confirmed

How come no sports reporter got this scoop if true?

@levineps

#6 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:27 PM

Horrible news for the O's.  Let the Yankees pay him every last dime of that contract.

I need to check out Yankee boards, but I'd imagine that's what the rational fans are hoping for him to be banned for life.

@levineps

#7 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:40 PM

According to Bob Nightengale, ARod isn't dealing like Braun. With the vigor that MLB is fighting the steroids and Arod's entire history, I can see an argument being made that what Rodriguez has done is on par with what Pete Rose did (I disagree with that btw). He's made a mockery of the integrity of the game. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

#8 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:42 PM

I don't care if he's running his own laboratory in El Salvador and Tony Bosch is just the front for the operation. Banning Rodriguez for life without a failed test is ridiculous.

Let him retire. Valid reasoning or not, running away like that would pretty much destroy his chances of making the Hall.

@DJ_McCann

#9 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:42 PM

How come no sports reporter got this scoop if true?

Nothing close to official. Just bantering back and forth.
@JeremyMStrain

#10 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:46 PM

According to Bob Nightengale, ARod isn't dealing like Braun. With the vigor that MLB is fighting the steroids and Arod's entire history, I can see an argument being made that what Rodriguez has done is on par with what Pete Rose did (I disagree with that btw). He's made a mockery of the integrity of the game. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

No more than anyone else.

@DJ_McCann

#11 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:59 PM

I don't think any Team, especially the Yankees should get salary relief if they knew about the players indiscretions and I will never believe that the Yankees didn't know. The hard part is proving it!

#12 Matt

Matt

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:31 PM

I don't care if he's running his own laboratory in El Salvador and Tony Bosch is just the front for the operation. Banning Rodriguez for life without a failed test is ridiculous.

Let him retire. Valid reasoning or not, running away like that would pretty much destroy his chances of making the Hall.

I'd say his press conference admitting he took PEDs is as good as a failed test.

#13 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:19 PM

I'd say his press conference admitting he took PEDs is as good as a failed test.

I don't. Especially since that was in reference to events from a decade ago (if I'm recalling correctly), before anyone was tested.

As far as I'm concerned, if Major League Baseball didn't care, why should we?

@DJ_McCann

#14 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:51 PM

CBS Sports: Yankees to fine A-Rod for seeking second opinion

http://www.cbssports...seball/22890793

Has this ever happened before?

CBS Sports: Yankees: A-Rod won't return before August

http://www.cbssports...rn-until-august

@levineps

#15 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,565 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:56 PM

I really don't give a shit about what happens to Rodriguez one way or another, I just hope he a) somehow doesn't become a distraction or bad influence on Machado, and b ) doesn't allow the Yankees to get out of the rest of his contract.

And depending on the severity of the evidence I don't know that banning him for life is the right move. He took steroids and lied about it. Unless he did something else way above and beyond that that hurt baseball, he's no different than that lying sack of shit Braun.
  • Icterus galbula likes this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#16 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:05 PM

I really don't give a shit about what happens to Rodriguez one way or another, I just hope he a) somehow doesn't become a distraction or bad influence on Machado, and b ) doesn't allow the Yankees to get out of the rest of his contract.

And depending on the severity of the evidence I don't know that banning him for life is the right move. He took steroids and lied about it. Unless he did something else way above and beyond that that hurt baseball, he's no different than that lying sack of shit Braun.

I think you're rooting for Arod not to get the lifetime ban, it sounds like.

@levineps

#17 Matt

Matt

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:16 AM

This whole situation just seems weird to me. He says he wants to play tomorrow and the Yankees say he isn't healthy enough. They must know he is getting suspended in the very near future or else he would be on the field tomorrow night.

#18 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:30 AM

This whole situation just seems weird to me. He says he wants to play tomorrow and the Yankees say he isn't healthy enough. They must know he is getting suspended in the very near future or else he would be on the field tomorrow night.

Too bad for them this isn't the NFL, where they could just cut him and not have to worry about the rest of his contract.

@levineps

#19 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:53 PM

ESPN: A-Rod to fight any MLB discipline

http://espn.go.com/n...-discipline-mlb

@levineps

#20 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:40 PM

I know ARod doesn't get paid if he's suspended, but would the Yanks pay the amount of his salary to charity or MLB? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=