CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,645 posts

Posted 13 June 2023 - 11:15 PM

2 in the L column.

Indeed. 

Not liking the fact the O's have to play four games to get back to 'par' with the Rays. Not with this BP. 

#282 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 17 June 2023 - 11:07 AM

I wish I knew what the Orioles record was when Jim Palmer does color.  It's probably just my imagination but it always seems like they play lousy when he's in the booth.  

#283 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,645 posts

Posted 19 June 2023 - 04:15 AM

Two off days this week should mean Cole Irvin’s spot in the rotation gets skipped. He’ll probably pitch the opener v the Reds next Monday.

#284 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,273 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 19 June 2023 - 08:28 AM

Two off days this week should mean Cole Irvin’s spot in the rotation gets skipped. He’ll probably pitch the opener v the Reds next Monday.

Well that's the good news and bad news...lol

#285 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 19 June 2023 - 03:49 PM

I hate to keep beating this drum but I can't help it.....Josh Lester has no business being on this roster, or any roster for that matter. 

For a few minutes, I was willing to give the plucky, career minor leaguer a shot to be a contributor but those minutes have passed.

Yesterday was the last straw for me. Lack of ability is one thing but lack of effort is absolutely unacceptable to me. After hacking at the first pitch and grounding into a double play, where he jogged to 1st base and still almost beat the throw, he then half assed it on the foul ball and it dropped in the dugout. Which lead to the O'Hearn miscue, which lead to the homer. Thank goodness we won.

Lester is adding absolutely nothing to this roster. We have left handed bats, we have plenty of guys capable of playing 1st. Give me Cowser, give me Westburg, give me Vabra back....anything to not have to watch this guy take one more AB in an Orioles uniform.

• DuffMan, BSLSteveBirrer, russsnyder and 1 other like this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#286 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,202 posts

Posted 19 June 2023 - 08:42 PM

I hate to keep beating this drum but I can't help it.....Josh Lester has no business being on this roster, or any roster for that matter.

For a few minutes, I was willing to give the plucky, career minor leaguer a shot to be a contributor but those minutes have passed.

Yesterday was the last straw for me. Lack of ability is one thing but lack of effort is absolutely unacceptable to me. After hacking at the first pitch and grounding into a double play, where he jogged to 1st base and still almost beat the throw, he then half assed it on the foul ball and it dropped in the dugout. Which lead to the O'Hearn miscue, which lead to the homer. Thank goodness we won.

Lester is adding absolutely nothing to this roster. We have left handed bats, we have plenty of guys capable of playing 1st. Give me Cowser, give me Westburg, give me Vabra back....anything to not have to watch this guy take one more AB in an Orioles uniform.

I didn't see the game, but that's inexcusable on field behavior from a regular, much less a fringe guy who's going to be fone within a week.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#287 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,670 posts

Posted 19 June 2023 - 08:50 PM

Lester has zero value. Vavra would be a much better option in whatever role Lester is filling.
  • russsnyder likes this

#288 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,592 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 20 June 2023 - 07:04 AM

Not much longer, Mullins and Mountcastle rehabbing in Norfolk tonight.

• PrimeTime likes this

#289 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,827 posts

Posted 20 June 2023 - 09:02 AM

Not much longer, Mullins and Mountcastle rehabbing in Norfolk tonight.

Great news.  Wonder how long Mullins will need.  Also wonder if they use Mountcastle's illness as an excuse to keep him down for a while without actually optioning him.  He shouldn't need a rehab assignment, really, after only missing about ten days.  If he was playing well he certainly wouldn't be in Norfolk today.  So all the time he spends down there besides the next day or two until the series with Seattle begins can only be viewed as a thinly veiled demotion.

#290 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 20 June 2023 - 09:07 AM

Watkins DFA'd, no corresponding move as of yet. Perhaps an extra bat since we only have a 2 game series and an off day?

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#291 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,273 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 20 June 2023 - 09:11 AM

What just was Lester's role to be in the first place? The O's have made a number of moves this season that just are mind boggling given other options they had. At this point I am not sure the O's are being successful because of some hidden analytics that nobody else in baseball understands or they are being successful in spite of the FO.

#292 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,948 posts

Posted 20 June 2023 - 09:44 AM

Watkins DFA'd, no corresponding move as of yet. Perhaps an extra bat since we only have a 2 game series and an off day?

As @masnRoch first reported, the Orioles are selecting the contract of catcher Anthony Bemboom and promoting him, along with right-hander Logan Gillaspie, sources tell The Banner.

They're optioning catcher José Godoy, too

• PrimeTime likes this

#293 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 20 June 2023 - 10:17 AM

As @masnRoch first reported, the Orioles are selecting the contract of catcher Anthony Bemboom and promoting him, along with right-hander Logan Gillaspie, sources tell The Banner.

They're optioning catcher José Godoy, too

Thanks for the info. 

The bullpen revolving door with the same recycled guys is getting frustrating. We need to start seeking outside help for the bullpen, like yesterday.

@primetime667083

#294 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 20 June 2023 - 12:53 PM

Mullins and Mountcastle may be in the Tides lineup today.

I hope Mullins is back as fast as he can prove healthy and get some AB's.

I would not be against letting Mounty get a couple of weeks AB's to maybe find his way.

@mikeghg

#295 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 20 June 2023 - 02:34 PM

Mullins being back by early July would be huge. Truly the best case scenario when he went down and I heard what the injury was. Mountcastle is whatever. H takes Lesters spot and thats good. Hes better. I would not just automatically let him start eating into OHearns ABs vs righties

#296 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 20 June 2023 - 03:37 PM

Mullins being back by early July would be huge. Truly the best case scenario when he went down and I heard what the injury was. Mountcastle is whatever. H takes Lesters spot and thats good. Hes better. I would not just automatically let him start eating into OHearns ABs vs righties

If Cedric is already in Norfolk tonight, we may not have to wait that long.

• BSLSteveBirrer likes this
@primetime667083

#297 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,645 posts

Posted 20 June 2023 - 10:18 PM

This site needs a general O's thread. 

They went into TB and won, sending the Rays to their 8th loss in 39 home games. 

#298 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 20 June 2023 - 10:35 PM

The Rays started 13-0. After 13 games the O's were 7-6. Since then the Rays are 38-25 and the O's are 38-21. This division race is alive and well.
  • You Play to Win the Game, Mashed Potatoes and mdrunning like this

#299 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,645 posts

Posted 20 June 2023 - 10:48 PM

The Rays started 13-0. After 13 games the O's were 7-6. Since then the Rays are 38-25 and the O's are 38-21. This division race is alive and well.

The Rays have a legit rotation. They're definitely odds-on favorites to win the division (if not the AL). 

#300 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,398 posts

Posted 20 June 2023 - 10:56 PM

The Rays have a legit rotation. They're definitely odds-on favorites to win the division (if not the AL). 

But as we saw tonight, if they have a soft underbelly, it's their bullpen. (Sound familiar?)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=