1909 replies to this topic

#1901 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,823 posts

Posted 09 October 2023 - 04:46 PM

I prefer Kremer to Gibson, but not strongly. Think going to either over Baker yesterday in the 3rd probably should've happened.
  • BSLSteveBirrer likes this

#1902 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,823 posts

Posted 09 October 2023 - 04:48 PM

I do worry that world events may be a distraction for Kremer. On the other hand it could be galvanizing to go have a big performance when surely his heritage will be mentioned repeatedly on the broadcast.

#1903 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 09 October 2023 - 05:01 PM

I prefer Kremer to Gibson, but not strongly. Think going to either over Baker yesterday in the 3rd probably should've happened.

Me too. Once you know you need 20+ outs from the bullpen I’d have preferred to try to get a few innings from one guy and keep it close. Or go to Flaherty right away if you must.

#1904 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,398 posts

Posted 09 October 2023 - 06:06 PM

It's Kremer.

I'm OK with Kremer pitching tomorrow. It's gonna take good games from him and Gibson to get us back to Bmore anyway. My primary concern this series was the offense and still is. They're now set up for a big game tomorrow and I think they'll deliver.

#1905 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,823 posts

Posted 09 October 2023 - 07:24 PM

I'm OK with Kremer pitching tomorrow. It's gonna take good games from him and Gibson to us back to Bmore anyway. My primary concern this series was the offense and still is. They're now set up for a big game tomorrow and I think they'll deliver.

Yeah now that you need both the choice and sequence is far less important. I've still got Bradish on 3 days rest in the back of my mind, but think he probably threw too many pitches to make it a viable option. That said, if Kremer gets yanked after 2 innings like Grayson just did, or if the game goes deep into extras, I don't hesitate to use Gibson in relief and pivot to Bradish.
  • BSLSteveBirrer and 85Knight like this

#1906 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,266 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 09 October 2023 - 07:33 PM

Yeah now that you need both the choice and sequence is far less important. I've still got Bradish on 3 days rest in the back of my mind, but think he probably threw too many pitches to make it a viable option. That said, if Kremer gets yanked after 2 innings like Grayson just did, or if the game goes deep into extras, I don't hesitate to use Gibson in relief and pivot to Bradish.

You have to manage tomorrow without much thought about Wednesday. If it takes Kremer and Gibson to keep us in the game then so be it. And you give the ball to Bradish and don't look back. Manage game 3 like there is no tomorrow....well because there isn't!

And its really irrelevant if Bradish is just a no go for game #4. Cobble together a opener approach. But I am in no way letting maybe having a game 4 impact what I do in game 3. 

• 85Knight likes this

#1907 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,398 posts

Posted 09 October 2023 - 08:19 PM

I agree but let's hope that doesn't happen. If we can get to game 4 I think the pitching really starts to work in our favor if Gibson is on the mound.

#1908 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,643 posts

Posted 09 October 2023 - 08:43 PM

You have to manage tomorrow without much thought about Wednesday. If it takes Kremer and Gibson to keep us in the game then so be it. And you give the ball to Bradish and don't look back. Manage game 3 like there is no tomorrow....well because there isn't!

And its really irrelevant if Bradish is just a no go for game #4. Cobble together a opener approach. But I am in no way letting maybe having a game 4 impact what I do in game 3. 

All hands on deck.

• BSLSteveBirrer likes this

#1909 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,479 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 10 October 2023 - 10:34 PM

I’m way more sad than I thought I’d be. That said, this team deserves my gratitude above all else. It was a joyous journey with a very rough ending… for now. I’ll always love you, 2023 Orioles. I bet as bad as we’re feeling, they’re feeling worse.
  • 1970 likes this

#1910 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 10 October 2023 - 10:42 PM

Bad time to bring up the stadium lease still hasn’t actually been signed yet? :)
@BSLMikeRandall

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)

Our Sponsors

width=