Mack am I allowed to say Mountcastle is empty power

#222 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,826 posts

Posted 01 June 2023 - 01:54 PM

I still don't know what that means. His power plays and is useful. Everything else he does needs improving.

#223 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,826 posts

Posted 01 June 2023 - 01:54 PM

Though Santander has been raking pretty much ever since you said that about him, so maybe you should.
  • PrimeTime likes this

#224 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,104 posts

Posted 01 June 2023 - 01:55 PM

How have you never heard of empty power. Essentially thats his only tool. No BA/OBP or any other part of his offensive game that is a plus. Or complete game. It obviously applies here whether we are just going with offense or all around game. I guess his sprint speed is above avg so there you go. Thats uh something

#225 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,826 posts

Posted 01 June 2023 - 01:56 PM

I've heard of Max Power.
  • makoman likes this

#226 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,104 posts

Posted 01 June 2023 - 01:57 PM

I've heard of Max Power.

He aint max power either

#227 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 01 June 2023 - 02:01 PM

Did they promote the Assistant to the Traveling Secretary to fill the role?

If they did, I guess this will be The Summer of George.

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#228 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,871 posts

Posted 01 June 2023 - 05:54 PM

If they did, I guess this will be The Summer of George.

LMAO
  • PrimeTime likes this

#229 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 02 June 2023 - 07:33 AM

https://twitter.com/...ZVNjUa-Gbys4vDw

#230 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,104 posts

Posted 02 June 2023 - 07:39 AM

So makes sense what Bob was saying about concussion symptoms/issues. Damn man. I remember that took him out of ST for a good while. As far as we know there were no collisions or anything else that woulda caused another one. Kinda concerned here on both a personal level for him and as I said in the minor league thread it kinda lowers my expectations for him as a player.

#231 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,481 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 June 2023 - 08:13 AM

Wonder what caused the concussion? Pretty rare in baseball, isn't it?

#232 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 June 2023 - 09:14 AM

Maybe we see Bruce Zimmerman in the pen tonight.

https://www.masnspor...n-san-francisco

I really believe the pen needs 2 long men.  Zimmerman can be one.  

If Voth is not going into the rotation, he can be the other.

I think it is time to DFA Perez, and send Akin down.  

Bring Irvin back when the open rotation spot comes up again.  Until then, maybe bring Vespi up.

@mikeghg

#233 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,104 posts

Posted 02 June 2023 - 09:18 AM

The fact they havent gone to Irvin for the rotation spot is kinda telling to me. Makes me believe they really dont like what they see with him. Considering the pure AAA stats arent bad.

#234 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,104 posts

Posted 02 June 2023 - 09:22 AM

They may indeed go to Irvin and fill him into the spot and the above post is moot. Its just for me, he is a guy with big league innings and in '21 and '22 they were decent big league innings. He has pitched well on the surface in AAA. So why wasnt this mostly a slam dunk decision to reenter him into the rotation. It makes me pause.

#235 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 June 2023 - 09:30 AM

Westburg up to 15 homeruns, while hitting .315 with an OPS of 1.005.  Maybe if he hits 50 bombs he can get a call up.  I am convinced if he was a left handed hitter, he would have been here by now.

@mikeghg

#236 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 June 2023 - 09:31 AM

The fact they havent gone to Irvin for the rotation spot is kinda telling to me. Makes me believe they really dont like what they see with him. Considering the pure AAA stats arent bad.

Probably right, but not to have him start Wednesday's game was dumb.  The roster management has been poor the last month or so.

@mikeghg

#237 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 June 2023 - 09:40 AM

They may indeed go to Irvin and fill him into the spot and the above post is moot. Its just for me, he is a guy with big league innings and in '21 and '22 they were decent big league innings. He has pitched well on the surface in AAA. So why wasnt this mostly a slam dunk decision to reenter him into the rotation. It makes me pause.

Agreed, something does not add up.  I believe Irvin made 3 starts, none which were good, but 3 starts for a pitcher who was acquired at the cost of a pretty good prospect, makes zero sense.

If you are ready to punt on a guy, that soon, then you did not do your homework before you pulled the trigger on a trade.

• bmore_ken likes this
@mikeghg

#238 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts

Posted 02 June 2023 - 09:53 AM

I'm pretty sure he couldn't be called up for the start on Wednesday because he hadn't been down the requisite number of days.

Aside from that, with off days falling the way they are over the next few days I don't think he's needed.  I think he'll be the guy the next time they need a 5th starter, and I think he would have been the guy on Wednesday if he hadn't been recently sent down.

All that having been said, I do continue to be very confused about the ML roster management.

#239 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 June 2023 - 10:12 AM

I'm pretty sure he couldn't be called up for the start on Wednesday because he hadn't been down the requisite number of days.

Aside from that, with off days falling the way they are over the next few days I don't think he's needed.  I think he'll be the guy the next time they need a 5th starter, and I think he would have been the guy on Wednesday if he hadn't been recently sent down.

All that having been said, I do continue to be very confused about the ML roster management.

Not really true.  Mullins was Il'd.  They could have called Irvin up, to replace Cedric, then optioned Akin and activated Hicks.  Even if it was not Irvin who got the call, then maybe Zimmerman or someone else.  There was no reason to exhaust the BP, before heading out  west to play the Giants.

@mikeghg

#240 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts

Posted 02 June 2023 - 11:32 AM

Not really true.  Mullins was Il'd.  They could have called Irvin up, to replace Cedric, then optioned Akin and activated Hicks.  Even if it was not Irvin who got the call, then maybe Zimmerman or someone else.  There was no reason to exhaust the BP, before heading out  west to play the Giants.

Aren't the rules that putting a positional player on the IL requires him to be replaced by a positional player?  That was my impression at least.  Agree that if Irvin were available he should have gotten the nod, just not sure what the nuances of the rules are.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=