2648 replies to this topic

#521 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,682 posts

Posted 05 April 2023 - 08:32 AM

Steve Smith Sr. vibes. I'd take Bateman (assuming he can ever stay healthy), Beckham, Agholor, and Duvernay over the WR room we had last year.

Except that Steve Smith Sr grew into a significant leadership role. OBJ is still all about OBJ. The delusions still swirl in his head. 

#522 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,883 posts

Posted 05 April 2023 - 08:41 AM

So why didn't Jackson show up for the game? The Ravens quarterback has finally answered that question. 

Jackson has been sharing a lot of information on Twitter over the past month -- including his secret trade request -- and one piece of information he also shared was why he didn't travel to Cincinnati. 

According to Jackson, his injury got worse after he traveled to Pittsburgh for Baltimore's Week 17 game against the Steelers. Due to that fact, it was decided that Jackson wouldn't travel again until his knee could handle it. 

"After I traveled to the Pittsburgh game my PCL got inflated so a few of us discussed it and I got the ok to stay so I could try in recover faster," Jackson wrote on Twitter after someone asked him specifically why he didn't travel to the playoff game. 

Lamar Jackson finally reveals why he didn't attend Ravens playoff game against Bengals - CBSSports.com

#523 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 05 April 2023 - 09:09 AM

What is so irritating to me is that, if we assume Lamar is being truthful about why he didn't travel to Cincinnati for the Huntley debacle game... why couldn't John have just said that afterwards? Fine, be your tinfoil hat self and be vague before the game. Be vague while there are more games to be played. But once they were eliminated... what harm would there be in saying "We thought his best chance of playing NEXT weekend if we had won tonight was by staying home and avoiding unnecessary travel and all the risks that come with it". One sentence. Put it to bed in one simple sentence.
  • Mashed Potatoes, Mike in STL, PrimeTime and 2 others like this

#524 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,883 posts

Posted 05 April 2023 - 10:03 AM

What is so irritating to me is that, if we assume Lamar is being truthful about why he didn't travel to Cincinnati for the Huntley debacle game... why couldn't John have just said that afterwards? Fine, be your tinfoil hat self and be vague before the game. Be vague while there are more games to be played. But once they were eliminated... what harm would there be in saying "We thought his best chance of playing NEXT weekend if we had won tonight was by staying home and avoiding unnecessary travel and all the risks that come with it". One sentence. Put it to bed in one simple sentence.

In fairness and not to excuse Harbaugh, LJ could have done the same instead of waiting until  April to tweet about it. 

• Mike in STL and PrimeTime like this

#525 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 05 April 2023 - 10:08 AM

In fairness and not to excuse Harbaugh, LJ could have done the same instead of waiting until April to tweet about it.

Very true. All the vague statements and silent treatment don't make anyone look fault free...
  • Mike in STL and bmore_ken like this

#526 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 05 April 2023 - 10:21 AM

Because it's BS that's why. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#527 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,524 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 April 2023 - 10:22 AM

Yeah, that's complete BS. Hard sell on that. This Ken dude sucks as his publicist or whatever he is. 

#528 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 05 April 2023 - 10:24 AM

According to Jackson, his injury got worse after he traveled to Pittsburgh for Baltimore's Week 17 game against the Steelers. Due to that fact, it was decided that Jackson wouldn't travel again until his knee could handle it.

"After I traveled to the Pittsburgh game my PCL got inflated so a few of us discussed it and I got the ok to stay so I could try in recover faster," Jackson wrote on Twitter after someone asked him specifically why he didn't travel to the playoff game.

That all seems very plausible and reasonable except for one little thing:   Pittsburgh and Baltimore played on Sunday night football in Baltimore in week 17.

• BSLMikeLowe, Mike in STL and bmore_ken like this

#529 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,883 posts

Posted 05 April 2023 - 10:40 AM

Yeah, that's complete BS. Hard sell on that. This Ken dude sucks as his publicist or whatever he is.

What Ken dude? All I did was post a story published by CBS Sports.

#530 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,524 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 April 2023 - 10:43 AM

Ken Francis I think his name is - his business dude. The one who was contacting teams. 

#531 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,284 posts

Posted 05 April 2023 - 10:46 AM

I'm at the point where I don't believe much of what Lamar has to say since he's already lied about his situation.  And I sure as hell don't believe anything Harbaugh has to say.  He's so full of shit, his eyes are turning brown.  It is what it is.  2022 has been put to rest.  Time to move on. 

#532 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 05 April 2023 - 10:53 AM

That all seems very plausible and reasonable except for one little thing:   Pittsburgh and Baltimore played on Sunday night football in Baltimore in week 17.

That's right! It was week 14 they traveled to PIT. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#533 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 05 April 2023 - 10:54 AM

Come on Ken!  Can you take over as his agent too?  :lol:

• bmore_ken likes this

#534 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,883 posts

Posted 05 April 2023 - 11:57 AM

Come on Ken!  Can you take over as his agent too?  :lol:

If I did he would be signed already.  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:

• JStruds likes this

#535 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,973 posts

Posted 05 April 2023 - 12:01 PM

If I did he would be signed already.  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:

You would forge his signature?  I think you'd have a hard time getting client #2 in that case, being as you'd be in prison and all. :)

#536 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,496 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 05 April 2023 - 12:14 PM

Oooops!

#537 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,883 posts

Posted 05 April 2023 - 12:36 PM

You would forge his signature?  I think you'd have a hard time getting client #2 in that case, being as you'd be in prison and all. :)

I'm sure I could persuade him without committing a felony  :cool:

#538 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,966 posts

Posted 05 April 2023 - 12:48 PM

Sodomy might technically still be a felony in Maryland if that was your plan.

#539 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 05 April 2023 - 05:25 PM

Making an offer he can't refuse?

• bmore_ken likes this

#540 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,973 posts

Posted 18 April 2023 - 05:22 PM

https://www.espn.com...-allen-robinson

Steelers are getting Allen Robinson, and Rams picking up all but $5M of his salary (none of his 2024 money is guaranteed), for essentially nothing (whatever the value of moving up from #251 to #234 is).

Interesting option to have considered in comparison to either Agholor.  Maybe even compared to Beckham.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=