196 replies to this topic

#101 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,643 posts

Posted 15 December 2022 - 09:21 PM

Frazier's signing should ensure the O's never have to play Santander in RF or LF again. I wouldn't sweat the cost. $8m is the cost of doing business in 2022-23 MLB. 

#102 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,051 posts

Posted 15 December 2022 - 10:27 PM

Thats not what I said you twat. Stop misquoting me and doing it on purpose. I said I wouldnt support the Os under this ownership. Said nothing about another team. There will never be another team. Ask Seth how I feel about having multiple teams. Or new teams. Again you are a dishonest little bitch. I know Stoner wants me to stop owning you and I will but you cant keep doing this crap. Call me any name you like. Call me stupid. Continue to point out when Im wrong about something. Dont make shit up

Language, sir.

Also, you "make shit up" all the time about me. You literally just did it. It's constant. Again, hypocrite much?

Fine, you said you would "drop them," moments after telling everyone not to jump off a bridge. However, when I said a similar statement you told me to go root for the Astros. Is turnabout not fair play?

You're so sensitive it's a riot. You spew the most vile, venomous, pre-pubescent level insults and then get so butthurt and run like a pathetic little coward the moment you're shown to be wrong. I have never done that. Never. Man the F up.

Again. Pathetic.
  • BaltBird 24 likes this

#103 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,097 posts

Posted 15 December 2022 - 11:22 PM

Language, sir.

Also, you "make shit up" all the time about me. You literally just did it. It's constant. Again, hypocrite much?

Fine, you said you would "drop them," moments after telling everyone not to jump off a bridge. However, when I said a similar statement you told me to go root for the Astros. Is turnabout not fair play?

You're so sensitive it's a riot. You spew the most vile, venomous, pre-pubescent level insults and then get so butthurt and run like a pathetic little coward the moment you're shown to be wrong. I have never done that. Never. Man the F up.

Again. Pathetic.

Keep the facts straight kid. Dont say I said I was gonna root for another team. You wanna call me out call me out on factual shit. There is enough ammo I give all y'all you dont need to exagerate or straight up lie.

#104 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,051 posts

Posted 15 December 2022 - 11:25 PM

Keep the facts straight kid. Dont say I said I was gonna root for another team. You wanna call me out call me out on factual shit. There is enough ammo I give all y'all you dont need to exagerate or straight up lie.

I just saw Stoner's message. I'm going to choose not to reply, other than to say this goes both ways.

#105 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 16 December 2022 - 08:25 AM

I wish Adam Frazier was a topic on here before yesterday (maybe I missed it?) to see if there would have been any support for signing him.
  • Mackus likes this

#106 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,823 posts

Posted 16 December 2022 - 08:30 AM

I wish Adam Frazier was a topic on here before yesterday (maybe I missed it?) to see if there would have been any support for signing him.

He makes sense as a Vavra upgrade for 2B and corner OF depth. I don't think he makes nearly as much sense as a starter over Urias or Westburg, but he wouldn't necessarily need to be.

The cost does seem outrageous for what he projects to provide, but I'm not gonna complain about them spending too much money on a guy. If it prevents them from doing other stuff or from cutting Frazier if he stinks, then I'll criticize. That's the money concern.

If they present him as a major part of the offensive solution, currently he represents the entire plan, that'll be a catastrophe but still time to make him just a depth add.

#107 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,097 posts

Posted 16 December 2022 - 08:34 AM

I mentioned him one other time.  Being LH and a good defender. There is nothing sexy about him but there was nothing sexy about any of the FA 2b other than Segura to an extent. Speaking of Segura it will be interesting to see what he gets compared to Frazier. The Phillies turned down a 15 or 16 mil team option. Does he get a multi year deal. Does he get 12 mil per. Not so sure.

#108 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,097 posts

Posted 16 December 2022 - 08:39 AM

It seems they may have targeted Frazier over Segura because of the LH bat  and ability to play OF if needed. Hoping the OF part isnt really a factor though. I say that again not really knowing the market for Segura. If he signs for 1/10 then it seems obvious the Os preferred Frazier. Or Segura told them he wasnt interested. 

#109 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 16 December 2022 - 08:41 AM

He makes sense as a Vavra upgrade for 2B and corner OF depth. I don't think he makes nearly as much sense as a starter over Urias or Westburg, but he wouldn't necessarily need to be.

The cost does seem outrageous for what he projects to provide, but I'm not gonna complain about them spending too much money on a guy. If it prevents them from doing other stuff or from cutting Frazier if he stinks, then I'll criticize. That's the money concern.

If they present him as a major part of the offensive solution, currently he represents the entire plan, that'll be a catastrophe but still time to make him just a depth add.

I largely agree with much of what you're saying except I don't see much need to focus on a Vavra upgrade, and I'm not even sure he is one. Plus as has been mentioned, Urias could be the utility infielder (there's also positional flexibility with Gunnar and Westburg) and I'd prefer that to Frazier.

#110 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,097 posts

Posted 16 December 2022 - 08:43 AM

BTW I mentioned this last night but I think this absolutely speaks to the Os likely having concerns about Westburgs ability to play 2b regularly. Maybe any middle Inf position. It was interesting he was never called up in Sept. He seems likeliest to be trade bait to me of Ortiz, and Norby. Ortiz is a lock to stay at SS if he can hit. Surely could play 2b too. Norby is a pure 2b or corner OF but seems to have the highest upside with the bat of the 3.

#111 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,479 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 December 2022 - 08:45 AM

I just don’t understand how someone who is as wedded to analytics like Slick Mike ™️ is can look at Frazier’s exit velocity and barrel rates and think, yeah let’s give this guy $8M. Maybe do a better job developing your prospects we’ve lost hundreds of games to acquire if they aren’t a better option than this guy. He’s had one good half season in the past 3/4 years. Look at how bad he was the second half of 2021 with Seattle after the trade. For a team that doesn’t do much, this was just dumb. There’s little justification for it.

#112 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,823 posts

Posted 16 December 2022 - 08:49 AM

Look at how bad he was the second half of 2021 with Seattle after the trade. For a team that doesn’t do much, this was just dumb. There’s little justification

for it.

Minor, meaningless, correction but he was bad with San Diego after the trade in 2021.  They then traded him to Seattle where he was bad for all of 2022.

#113 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 16 December 2022 - 08:56 AM

BTW I mentioned this last night but I think this absolutely speaks to the Os likely having concerns about Westburgs ability to play 2b regularly. Maybe any middle Inf position. It was interesting he was never called up in Sept. He seems likeliest to be trade bait to me of Ortiz, and Norby. Ortiz is a lock to stay at SS if he can hit. Surely could play 2b too. Norby is a pure 2b or corner OF but seems to have the highest upside with the bat of the 3.

If they didn't think Westburg could play 2B I don't think they'd have him spend nearly half his time at SS. Unless he's simply trade bait, which I suppose is possible.

#114 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,097 posts

Posted 16 December 2022 - 08:59 AM

I just don’t understand how someone who is as wedded to analytics like Slick Mike ™️ is can look at Frazier’s exit velocity and barrel rates and think, yeah let’s give this guy $8M. Maybe do a better job developing your prospects we’ve lost hundreds of games to acquire if they aren’t a better option than this guy. He’s had one good half season in the past 3/4 years. Look at how bad he was the second half of 2021 with Seattle after the trade. For a team thatdoesn’t do much, this was just dumb. There’s little justification for it.

2.7 WAR

2.5 WAR

3.1WAR

Those are the 3 full season WAR seasons for Frazier before last year. FOr reference that is about equal to Schoop's time here outside of his career year in 2017.

#115 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,097 posts

Posted 16 December 2022 - 09:01 AM

If they didn't think Westburg could play 2B I don't think they'd have him spend nearly half his time at SS. Unless he's simply trade bait, which I suppose is possible.

I dont understand what you are saying here. I think its great that they had Westburg and Gunner getting as many reps as possible at SS and 3b in the minors.  

#116 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,097 posts

Posted 16 December 2022 - 09:05 AM

I suspect Frazier is going to be someone O's fans appreciate at years end. Even though again, not sexy.

#117 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 16 December 2022 - 09:06 AM

I dont understand what you are saying here. I think its great that they had Westburg and Gunner getting as many reps as possible at SS and 3b in the minors.  

I agree, but if you are giving them reps there then you think there is a chance they can play there. If you don't think a guy is even good enough to play 2B, which is what you are saying the team might think, you don't keep sticking him at SS. 

#118 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,097 posts

Posted 16 December 2022 - 09:11 AM

I agree, but if you are giving them reps there then you think there is a chance they can play there. If you don't think a guy is even good enough to play 2B, which is what you are saying the team might think, you don't keep sticking him at SS. 

Im not saying he has stone hands and has to be moved like Mountcastle. Ive just heard that there might be concern about his range in a a shiftless universe.

#119 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,479 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 December 2022 - 09:16 AM

2.7 WAR
2.5 WAR
3.1WAR

Those are the 3 full season WAR seasons for Frazier before last year. FOr reference that is about equal to Schoop's time here outside of his career year in 2017.

Because it’s the O’s who are best positioned to pay guys for past numbers. It’s been a season and a half of bad baseball and his analytics look awful.

#120 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,097 posts

Posted 16 December 2022 - 09:21 AM

Because it’s the O’s who are best positioned to pay guys for past numbers. It’s been a season and a half of bad baseball and his analytics look awful.

Im getting old. Remind me again are we talking about Carlos Rodon circa 2020.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=