Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,631 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 26 September 2022 - 09:23 PM

Isaiah Mack is right here

I think he should be on the 53 tomorrow.  He has shown some ability to push the pocket.

@mikeghg

#1902 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,709 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 28 September 2022 - 09:42 AM

Interesting stuff about the Pats defensive game plan here:

https://www.baltimor...duo-nfl-history

I opined on "The Bank" that Bateman's targets were too low (4 total on Sunday). As it turns out, Belichick focused his defense on taking away Bateman as an option. Interesting, considering how we all know that Andrews is the proverbial straw that stirs the drink. 

Weather permitting, I expect a big game from Bateman on Sunday.

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#1903 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,425 posts

Posted 28 September 2022 - 10:17 AM

Dammit. Gotta believe out for season is likely, but even if not it will be a few months.

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet
#Ravens DT Michael Pierce suffered a biceps tear in Sunday’s win, sources say, but there is not definitive word yet on how to proceed and if Pierce can continue playing at some point this season. Those tests and decisions are ongoing.
10:58 AM · Sep 28, 2022

#1904 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,009 posts

Posted 28 September 2022 - 11:05 AM

Dammit. Gotta believe out for season is likely, but even if not it will be a few months.

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
#Ravens DT Michael Pierce suffered a biceps tear in Sunday’s win, sources say, but there is not definitive word yet on how to proceed and if Pierce can continue playing at some point this season. Those tests and decisions are ongoing.

Incredible.

At this point it feels like if a Raven gets hurt, it's a catastrophic injury.

#1905 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 28 September 2022 - 11:51 AM

To be honest, I was never convinced Pierce was going to be an impact player but it does deplete the depth of the DL. I don't what's available on the waiver wire or practice squad but I imagine something will happen soon.

#1906 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 28 September 2022 - 11:52 AM

Incredible.
At this point it feels like if a Raven gets hurt, it's a catastrophic injury.

So much for the new training protocols.

#1907 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,779 posts

Posted 28 September 2022 - 11:55 AM

So much for the new training protocols.

Its almost as if the training isn't the problem...

#1908 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,631 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 28 September 2022 - 11:58 AM

To be honest, I was never convinced Pierce was going to be an impact player but it does deplete the depth of the DL. I don't what's available on the waiver wire or practice squad but I imagine something will happen soon.

Anyone have Brandon William's phone number?

@mikeghg

#1909 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,631 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 28 September 2022 - 11:59 AM

I never bought that it was a training issue.  Injuries are part of the game, and at times it can just destroy a season.  It did last year.  It may this year.

@mikeghg

#1910 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 28 September 2022 - 12:36 PM

Still believe training is a huge part of it and will remain convinced NFL players are perpetually in an over trained state during the season. I do give the Ravens credit for addressing the issue and trying something different.

#1911 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 28 September 2022 - 12:37 PM

Anyone have Brandon William's phone number?

Maybe Sam Adams has some free time on his hands too.

#1912 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,779 posts

Posted 28 September 2022 - 12:40 PM

Still believe training is a huge part of it and will remain convinced NFL players are perpetually in an over trained state during the season. I do give the Ravens credit for addressing the issue and trying something different.

I don't and haven't disagreed with this statement as it pertains to the entire NFL. But I don't think the Ravens are doing anything significantly different from every other team which is also causing all of their injuries but not having the same effects for other teams.  I think its mostly just coincidence or very bad luck.  Someone has to be the most injured team in the league over any time period.

#1913 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,709 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 28 September 2022 - 01:22 PM

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet

Biceps tears can be weird. Depending whether the tear is from the proximal end or the distal end. Also, is it a rupture (complete tear) or a partial tear? If the tendon is ruptured, that can really sap strength, so that would be bad. On the flip side, it can absolutely be something that can be taped/braced and played with.

• Mike B likes this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#1914 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 28 September 2022 - 01:41 PM

I don't and haven't disagreed with this statement as it pertains to the entire NFL. But I don't think the Ravens are doing anything significantly different from every other team which is also causing all of their injuries but not having the same effects for other teams.  I think its mostly just coincidence or very bad luck.  Someone has to be the most injured team in the league over any time period.

Fair enough.

#1915 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 28 September 2022 - 04:52 PM

Biceps tears can be weird. Depending whether the tear is from the proximal end or the distal end. Also, is it a rupture (complete tear) or a partial tear? If the tendon is ruptured, that can really sap strength, so that would be bad. On the flip side, it can absolutely be something that can be taped/braced and played with.

Ray Lewis missed I think 6 weeks with a torn biceps and returned with that giant brace for his final playoff run before retiring. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#1916 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 28 September 2022 - 05:01 PM

Wasn’t it a tricep?
  • PrimeTime likes this

@fuzydunlop

#1917 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 28 September 2022 - 05:36 PM

Wasn’t it a tricep?

Maybe?

@BSLMikeRandall

#1918 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,779 posts

Posted 28 September 2022 - 05:44 PM

Let's get Pierce some deer antlers and everything will be alright.

#1919 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,631 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 28 September 2022 - 07:23 PM

Maybe Sam Adams has some free time on his hands too.

He would be well rested.

@mikeghg

#1920 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,631 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 28 September 2022 - 07:25 PM

I would imagine dealing with pain would be important.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=