Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,796 posts

Posted 09 January 2022 - 06:21 PM

Defense.

OL.

I don't want Lamar given a megadeal yet but I know he will. I just hope they have enough left over to give him a strong supporting cast. The pressure will only grow the weaker the roster is.

#3 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,254 posts

Posted 09 January 2022 - 06:30 PM

Defense.

OL.

I don't want Lamar given a megadeal yet but I know he will. I just hope they have enough left over to give him a strong supporting cast. The pressure will only grow the weaker the roster is.

Outside of when Flacco struck gold and forced their hand, they have a good history with their own FA's. I'll trust whatever they decide with Lamar.

With that said, we've spent countless resources on the offense in recent drafts. It's time to start retooling the defense.

In the early teens, we're in a good spot to move up if we want, or to take someone who slips out of the top 10. Kind if contradictory of what I just said, but I really want Kenyon Green or Tyler Linderbaum. And as of now we should be in a good spot to land either. Would instantly improve our O-line. If not, this is a deep defensive draft. Top 10 seems to be all over the place. Almost hope someone like Hamilton starts to slip and falls to us. That would be a dream scenario.

#4 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 09 January 2022 - 06:40 PM

Lamar is getting signed as he should. The first two picks should be a lineman on both sides. Stanley is unreliable and a lot of the current O line is worthless. Campbell on the D line is a year older. 

#5 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,796 posts

Posted 09 January 2022 - 06:45 PM

Outside of when Flacco struck gold and forced their hand, they have a good history with their own FA's. I'll trust whatever they decide with Lamar.

With that said, we've spent countless resources on the offense in recent drafts. It's time to start retooling the defense.

In the early teens, we're in a good spot to move up if we want, or to take someone who slips out of the top 10. Kind if contradictory of what I just said, but I really want Kenyon Green or Tyler Linderbaum. And as of now we should be in a good spot to land either. Would instantly improve our O-line. If not, this is a deep defensive draft. Top 10 seems to be all over the place. Almost hope someone like Hamilton starts to slip and falls to us. That would be a dream scenario.

I think that's a good assessment.

#6 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,575 posts

Posted 09 January 2022 - 06:53 PM

Ravens sustain one more major injury in a season full of them. Fear is that OLB Tyus Bowser, who may have been the Ravens' most consistent player this season, tore his Achilles.

#7 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,125 posts

Posted 09 January 2022 - 06:53 PM

Cant go IOL in the top 15 unless its a damn near lock to be an All Pro like Zach Martin or Quenton Nelson. If the Ravens know Stanley is unlikely to return or be anywhere close to himself then they can consider an OT.

#8 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,254 posts

Posted 09 January 2022 - 07:03 PM

Cant go IOL in the top 15 unless its a damn near lock to be an All Pro like Zach Martin or Quenton Nelson. If the Ravens know Stanley is unlikely to return or be anywhere close to himself then they can consider an OT.

Tyler Linderbaum and Kenyon Green have that potential. Linderbaum posted the best offensive line graded season ever by PFF if I remember reading right; with a overall grade of 95.5 for the 2021 season. Great athlete with great strength and high football IQ. Considered one of the best center prospects to come out in a long time. PFF has him ranked as the 6th best overall player in the draft this year. Kid is an absolute stud.

Kenyon Green may be a stretch that early. But he has the ability to play either tackle or guard spot at a high level. Optimally he is a LG. But that kind of versatility is valuable in its own right. Especially to a team like the Ravens who seem to have issues every season along the line.

#9 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,125 posts

Posted 10 January 2022 - 09:25 AM

Hire Zimmer as DC. Keep Roman. Profit

#10 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,254 posts

Posted 10 January 2022 - 09:50 AM

Hire Zimmer as DC. Keep Roman. Profit

Wouldn't mind Zimmer as DC. But if you're firing Wink because of his late game letdowns, hiring Zimmer in his place is the ultimate oxymoron.

Also, Roman is good at what he does. But he's reached full potential here. And his full potential hasn't been good enough when it matters. Good DC's have learned his tendencies, and he rarely veers from them. Every 3rd and 4th and short yesterday, Pitt was blitzing right to the gap we were trying to hit every time. They knew exactly what Roman was going to do. That's a huge problem. On top of that, he is horrid at in-game adjustments.

I think we roll into next season with both Roman and Wink getting passes because of the injuries though.
  • Mashed Potatoes likes this

#11 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,125 posts

Posted 10 January 2022 - 10:00 AM

Zimmer didnt call the defensive plays in Minn did he? Hes a beast DC. That said, yes, I expect Martindale back.

#12 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,125 posts

Posted 10 January 2022 - 10:05 AM

Btw noted yesterday that our receiving corp has shown a knack for winning at the LOS. Think Martin and the other guy have done a good job with the unit and helping Roman with passing concepts. Any defeciencies in the passing game now are mostly on some combination of the QB and OL. Granted yes, you see Browns drops up yesterday but that happens to everyone. The bigger thing is that there are plays and yards out there to be had

#13 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,125 posts

Posted 10 January 2022 - 12:30 PM

Do the Ravens pick up Browns 5th yr option? What would his 2023 price tag be?

#14 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,001 posts

Posted 10 January 2022 - 12:46 PM

I would think so.  Like Lamar, he was rolling along at a pretty solid, productive clip overall through the MIN game.  He was pacing about 90 receptions, 1300 yards, double-digit TDs.

Then they all went to Miami and it dropped off, and never picked up.  His Y/R was miniscule with Huntley.  It was almost 15 after the MIN game, and still about 13 after the first PIT game.  

With Huntley / Johnson the last 5 games, he maxed out at 44 yards and had a Y/R of like 7.

He's not a GREAT HANDS guy obviously and he left some catches to be made on the turf... but I think ignoring the difference in his production after Lamar's ankle got wrecked would be wrong too. 

• bmore_ken likes this

#15 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,251 posts

Posted 10 January 2022 - 01:11 PM

$12.9M

#16 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,125 posts

Posted 10 January 2022 - 01:17 PM

$12.9M

So what is your thoughts at 13 mil for 1 yr. Pick it up? Work out an extension? Let him walk?

#17 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,251 posts

Posted 10 January 2022 - 01:21 PM

So what is your thoughts at 13 mil for 1 yr. Pick it up? Work out an extension? Let him walk?

I'd pick it up.  If the option has offset language and you can recoup some if you decide to cut him, then even more confident in picking it up.  I'm not sure if they do or if they are just full guarantees.

FA WR of any note would cost $8M minimum, so the amount you are guaranteeing, for only one year, to Brown is not much more than that.  And if he ever happens to have a big year then he's looking at a lot more.

#18 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,125 posts

Posted 10 January 2022 - 01:27 PM

My gut says pick it up. Im still a Brown fan for the most part. Just didnt know how viable it was with our cap

#19 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,125 posts

Posted 10 January 2022 - 01:29 PM

Gut also tells me Campbell is gone listening to him talk yesterday. Hope Im wrong. Would think Baltimore has interest.

#20 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,125 posts

Posted 10 January 2022 - 01:29 PM

Is Wolfe realistically cuttable?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=