3122 replies to this topic

#41 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,029 posts

Posted 11 January 2022 - 03:12 PM

Changing out Roman would likely be a big mistake. 6th in total offense with all the games missed from players above and its obvious they had to make heavy tweaks to what they want to do because of some of those injuries. He also cant make Huntley, or Lamar for that matter, throw the ball to the wide open WR running a great route vs forcing it to Andrews when hes triple covered.

#42 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,281 posts

Posted 11 January 2022 - 03:14 PM

Changing out Roman would likely be a big mistake. 6th in total offense with all the games missed from platers above and its obvious they had to make heavy tweaks to what they want to do because of some of those injuries. He also cant make Huntley, or Lamar for that matter, throw the ball to the wide open WR running a great route vs forcing it to Andrews when hes triple covered.

That's fair. He can however develop better route concepts, vary his tendencies, and adjust better in game.

#43 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,029 posts

Posted 11 January 2022 - 03:15 PM

I thought it was much more clear that the WRs and TE were both winning at the LOS and open a good bit this year. You have a pure passer playing with these players with some of these schemes I think we would have put up huge passing yards

#44 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,029 posts

Posted 11 January 2022 - 03:19 PM

I thought it was much more clear that the WRs and TE were both winning at the LOS and open a good bit this year. You have a pure passer playing with these players with some of these schemes I think we would have put up huge passing yards

It plays a part in my hypothetical about Rodgers being here. I really believe we have enough playmakers to be a very good pass offense. I mean someone like Duvernay is 4th in line for targets behind Andrews, Brown, and Bateman and he made same damn good catches and ran some damn fine routes this year. Hell, I have no idea how good Proche can be as a WR. Dont think we have seen enough of him, but some believe he also is a fine WR.
  • Biggsy likes this

#45 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 11 January 2022 - 03:25 PM

That's fair. He can however develop better route concepts, vary his tendencies, and adjust better in game.

The things that would be absolutely needed to make a Super Bowl run.

Also for 2035, points win games, not yards. We see what happens when the field shrinks in the red zone, or when the offense has to go quick.

#46 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,785 posts

Posted 11 January 2022 - 03:31 PM

It plays a part in my hypothetical about Rodgers being here. I really believe we have enough playmakers to be a very good pass offense. I mean someone like Duvernay is 4th in line for targets behind Andrews, Brown, and Bateman and he made same damn good catches and ran some damn fine routes this year. Hell, I have no idea how good Proche can be as a WR. Dont think we have seen enough of him, but some believe he also is a fine WR.

Lamar was making all of those plays early in the season.  Theories abound for why he began struggling at the midway point, but I've got little doubt that next year he'll be able to hit those big plays again when they are there.  He was passing the ball at a really high level for the first third to half of the season.  More than just one or two good games or halves.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#47 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,785 posts

Posted 11 January 2022 - 03:39 PM

Also for 2035, points win games, not yards. We see what happens when the field shrinks in the red zone, or when the offense has to go quick.

Ravens ranked 4th in Red Zone TD% in 2019, 15th in 2020, and were 13th this year (but T-3 through the Miami game and 10th before Lamar's season ended after Pittsburgh).

I don't know why "points per red zone trip" doesn't appear to be tracked anywhere.  That seems like the obvious thing to track on a season-long level.  How often do you get a TD or a FG or nothing.  Back out kneeldowns.  I hate it when the stats I want aren't easy to find like they should be.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#48 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,029 posts

Posted 11 January 2022 - 03:41 PM

Redzone and 3rd downs were the bugaboo for this team this year. In contrast to last year where we werent a top tier offense by total yards but we were very efficient.

#49 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts

Posted 11 January 2022 - 04:05 PM

Lamar was making all of those plays early in the season.  Theories abound for why he began struggling at the midway point, but I've got little doubt that next year he'll be able to hit those big plays again when they are there.  He was passing the ball at a really high level for the first third to half of the season.  More than just one or two good games or halves.

I still believe there was an undisclosed injury

#50 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,013 posts

Posted 11 January 2022 - 04:22 PM

The Twitter verse is speculating that he hurt himself on that flip into the end zone.

#51 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 11 January 2022 - 04:33 PM

The Twitter verse is speculating that he hurt himself on that flip into the end zone.

Then the next 3 weeks he was 75-111 for 1045 yards, 6 TD vs 1 Int. 111.9 rating. And that's not even including like 3 long TDs Brown dropped. Seems legit.

#52 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 11 January 2022 - 04:50 PM

Well the Twitter verse has spoken, so case closed... ;)

#53 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,281 posts

Posted 11 January 2022 - 05:13 PM

Sometime around the Miami game, I remember him missing a lot of practices with back stiffness or soreness, or something like that. If he had any sort of disc or muscle issue in his back, that would certainly explain some things. Especially a lower back injury, like a lumbar herniation or pinched nerve.

He definitely didn't have his normal start/stop, and lateral agility he normally has.
  • bmore_ken likes this

#54 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,281 posts

Posted 11 January 2022 - 05:16 PM

I'm not sure a less mobile option would fair well behind our offensive line this season. Rodgers is the exception with his mobility. But a great pure passer like Brady would have been killed behind our offensive line. That's an aspect of Lamar and Huntleys game that is being overlooked.

#55 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,281 posts

Posted 11 January 2022 - 05:40 PM

Also, I think the loss of Dobbins and Edwards killed our redzone and 3rd down efficiency a lot. The threat of those two makes defenses respect the run, even on 3rd and 4 or 5's, or on the goalline from the 4 or 5 yard line.

Where I'll give Roman credit is for sure his running scheme. He was able to make Freeman and Murray serviceable by the end of the season. If he has Dobbins and Edwards healthy next season, the offense should improve a lot, especially in the efficiency metrics.

#56 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,013 posts

Posted 11 January 2022 - 05:42 PM

Then the next 3 weeks he was 75-111 for 1045 yards, 6 TD vs 1 Int. 111.9 rating. And that's not even including like 3 long TDs Brown dropped. Seems legit.

I mean, have you seen what some of these people convince themselves of?

#57 JStruds

JStruds

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 11 January 2022 - 05:57 PM

A reasonable thought. Can't remember if he looked as quick as prior seasons before that bad landing on flip into end zone.

#58 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts

Posted 11 January 2022 - 06:56 PM

A reasonable thought. Can't remember if he looked as quick as prior seasons before that bad landing on flip into end zone.

Yeah i mean I don't necessarily think it was the flip, but I still think something was going on with him physically.

#59 SouthRider

SouthRider

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 726 posts

Posted 11 January 2022 - 07:06 PM

Could be long covid syndrome 

#60 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,281 posts

Posted 11 January 2022 - 07:57 PM

Could be long covid syndrome

I noticed he wasn't masked on the sidelines while he was out the 4 weeks, and no mention of fines for him, so I imagine that would mean he did in fact get vaccinated. Not sure if that would curb long covid symptoms or not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=