3122 replies to this topic

#1881 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,414 posts

Posted 23 September 2022 - 04:41 PM

Absolutely. I just wonder if Ronnie knows he doesnt have it. I mean he knows himself best right. He might know he isnt close to what he used to be. That could make you pause about going back out there. Like I said the other day, I think we were all hoping the restructure on his contract was some positive sign he was "good". Now, Im starting to think he was the only place they could go to save a significant chunk of money since Lamar wasnt going to be signed.

They could have extended Peters. I’d have been down for that, though they may have wanted to see how he came back first.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#1882 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,990 posts

Posted 23 September 2022 - 05:54 PM

I have serious doubts he ever plays this year, and maybe never again.

#1883 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,078 posts

Posted 23 September 2022 - 06:03 PM

Why? Harbaugh says he looks very strong and sound. So why would you think he doesn't play this year or maybe ever?

#1884 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,990 posts

Posted 23 September 2022 - 06:11 PM

Why? Harbaugh says he looks very strong and sound. So why would you think he doesn't play this year or maybe ever?

I don't know that he won't, but if the team feels he's ready and he won't let himself go out there, there's likely a mental component to this.

He's had two season ending injuries in consecutive years. His last one occurred almost immediately after returning to play.

They say that the hardest part of returning from injury is trusting your body to do what it used to be able to do. He clearly doesn't trust it yet. Maybe he is waiting for a "back to normal" that will never come. He has his guaranteed millions already so money isn't much of a motivator, and when Harbaugh is referring to him as "week to week" it tells me thar Ronnie has some serious trepidation about getting back out there. If he can't be what he used to be, he may decide that the battle isn't worth fighting.
  • russsnyder likes this

#1885 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 23 September 2022 - 06:35 PM

We'll see but if he hasn't suited up by the middle of next month, I would not be surprised in the least if he announces his retirement. You can only leave the team hanging for so long.

#1886 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,414 posts

Posted 23 September 2022 - 07:03 PM

Supposedly contract could be up to 5.5 M

Inside Access tweeted it was 1/1.15M with 4M in incentives. Haven’t seen details elsewhere so who knows, not certain at this point that inside access has inside access. That would seem reasonable for a guy on the street at this point though.

#1887 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 23 September 2022 - 07:12 PM

I said the exact same thing last week. I don't know about ever again if he's practicing, but I've counted him out this year. 

#1888 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 23 September 2022 - 07:16 PM

Inside Access tweeted it was 1/1.15M with 4M in incentives. Haven’t seen details elsewhere so who knows, not certain at this point that inside access has inside access. That would seem reasonable for a guy on the street at this point though.

The stories I've seen on different sites says "up to 5.5M" so that jives.

#1889 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,757 posts

Posted 23 September 2022 - 07:20 PM

He played 12 games last year, so most of the incentives have to be for sack totals and awards. Gotta pick things that are not likely to be earned, which just means achievements he didn't reach last season, so that they don't count against this year's cap and would come out of next year's if they are met.

#1890 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,414 posts

Posted 23 September 2022 - 07:22 PM

He played 12 games last year, so most of the incentives have to be for sack totals and awards. Gotta pick things that are not likely to be earned, which just means achievements he didn't reach last season, so that they don't count against this year's cap and would come out of next year's if they are met.

Yeah I’m sure it’s mostly not likely to be earned due to last year’s poor stats. Even though the hope is he’s a lot better this year due to the injury last year.

#1891 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,414 posts

Posted 23 September 2022 - 07:25 PM

I didn't realize that JPP was playing hurt…Fingers crossed...

Too soon?
  • BSLChrisStoner, Mackus and Bmore Irish like this

#1892 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,946 posts

Posted 23 September 2022 - 08:39 PM

They could have extended Peters. I’d have been down for that, though they may have wanted to see how he came back first.

29 coming off that injury. No thanks. At least not til he proves himself agian

#1893 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 23 September 2022 - 09:41 PM

Well, reason #1 would be to never believe anything that Harbaugh says to the media.  He lies consistently.  I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that.  Most good coaches do.  But that means you can never trust anything they say.  Last year, Lamar Jackson was week to week after his ankle injury.  He never played again even though the Ravens were in the playoff picture until the final week.  Harbuagh gives a politicians answer whenever he is dealing with an injury.  

#1894 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,191 posts

Posted 24 September 2022 - 04:01 AM

I don't know that he won't, but if the team feels he's ready and he won't let himself go out there, there's likely a mental component to this.

He's had two season ending injuries in consecutive years. His last one occurred almost immediately after returning to play.

They say that the hardest part of returning from injury is trusting your body to do what it used to be able to do. He clearly doesn't trust it yet. Maybe he is waiting for a "back to normal" that will never come. He has his guaranteed millions already so money isn't much of a motivator, and when Harbaugh is referring to him as "week to week" it tells me thar Ronnie has some serious trepidation about getting back out there. If he can't be what he used to be, he may decide that the battle isn't worth fighting.

I think you make sone good points. The only person who knows the mental component is Stanley. I don't think it's a stretch to believe that his confidence in staying healthy and protecting himself on a field of play is seriously challenged. Especially with your base and footwork possibly being compromised by multiple ankle injuries.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#1895 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 24 September 2022 - 05:49 AM

Well, reason #1 would be to never believe anything that Harbaugh says to the media.  He lies consistently.  I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that.  Most good coaches do.  But that means you can never trust anything they say.  Last year, Lamar Jackson was week to week after his ankle injury.  He never played again even though the Ravens were in the playoff picture until the final week.  Harbuagh gives a politicians answer whenever he is dealing with an injury.  

Usually, you're lucky if you get ANY information on team injuries. Harbaugh's injury related paranoia is boundless.
  • bmore_ken likes this

#1896 RavensFanSec235

RavensFanSec235
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 September 2022 - 01:26 PM

Got to think that Pierce is done. Jeff Z mentioned Brnadon Williams but I'm thinking that we could pluck a guy from someones practice squad that is closer to ready than a guy thats away from football and not practicing. 

#1897 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,414 posts

Posted 26 September 2022 - 01:34 PM

Got to think that Pierce is done. Jeff Z mentioned Brnadon Williams but I'm thinking that we could pluck a guy from someones practice squad that is closer to ready than a guy thats away from football and not practicing. 

He just said no update yet, MRI not back yet. Didn't realize it was potentially so serious.

#1898 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,946 posts

Posted 26 September 2022 - 01:36 PM

He just said no update yet, MRI not back yet. Didn't realize it was potentially so serious.

Zrebiek says it serious. Sucks. Pierce has graded out very well. Step up Travis Jones

#1899 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,414 posts

Posted 26 September 2022 - 01:47 PM

Zrebiek says it serious. Sucks. Pierce has graded out very well. Step up Travis Jones

Yeah, that would be a big loss, he's seemed good so far. Next man up, yet again. 

We also need to stop playing Campbell 89% of snaps.

#1900 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 26 September 2022 - 02:55 PM

Isaiah Mack is right here

@fuzydunlop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=