• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 29 September 2021 - 07:04 AM

Updated after Tuesday's (9/28) games:

1 Arizona 50-107
2 Baltimore 51-106     

The O's would win a tie breaker over the D'Backs. One caveat: the new CBA could potentially change some draft matters, but odds are the order determination will stay as is.

Remaining Schedule:
Arizona: 2xGiants, 3xRockies 
Baltimore: 2xRed Sox, 3xBlue Jays

#62 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 29 September 2021 - 07:31 AM

Meant to quote you Mike B.

No Problem.

@mikeghg

#63 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 29 September 2021 - 07:31 AM

Updated after Tuesday's (9/28) games:

1 Arizona 50-107
2 Baltimore 51-106     

The O's would win a tie breaker over the D'Backs. One caveat: the new CBA could potentially change some draft matters, but odds are the order determination will stay as is.

Remaining Schedule:
Arizona: 2xGiants, 3xRockies 
Baltimore: 2xRed Sox, 3xBlue Jays

Arizona seems determined to out lose us.  

• Greg Pappas likes this
@mikeghg

#64 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 29 September 2021 - 07:35 AM

1 or 2 is whatever at this point. Obviously prefer 1 and its my luck saying that someone will now jump out as the clear 1 but its fun beating Bos and or Tor with their season on the line.
  • You Play to Win the Game, Greg Pappas, DuffMan and 1 other like this

#65 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 29 September 2021 - 08:17 AM

1 or 2 is whatever at this point. Obviously prefer 1 and its my luck saying that someone will now jump out as the clear 1 but its fun beating Bos and or Tor with their season on the line.

Yep.

#66 Greg Pappas

Greg Pappas

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 29 September 2021 - 08:18 AM

There will be a worthy player available at two, as usual, though having the #1 pick means you don't need to be concerned about who gets taken ahead of you.  I'll be paying close attention to the upcoming 2022 amateur season to see who begins to stand out as a top option. 

But Elias has shown that he doesn't necessarily care about who the best player is when he picks, but who offers him the best value.  As I've said, time will tell how that strategy plays out.

#67 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,278 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 29 September 2021 - 01:48 PM

SSS, but it seems like Elias' MO is to go BPA at #1, and under-slot anywhere else in Rd 1.

Given that....C'mon Diamondbacks, don't throw in the towel now!

• Greg Pappas and BobPhelan like this

#68 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 30 September 2021 - 06:25 AM

Sea wins last night. Still .5 game behind Bos. They have off today so if we beat Bos they would be tied for the 2nd WC. Kind of have to root for the non East team that hasnt been to the playoffs in 20 years
  • You Play to Win the Game and BaltBird 24 like this

#69 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,137 posts

Posted 30 September 2021 - 03:52 PM

Anyone but Boston, New York, Toronto, and Los Angeles.

#70 Greg Pappas

Greg Pappas

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 October 2021 - 06:35 AM

Updated after Thursday's (9/30) games:

1 Arizona 50-109
2 Baltimore 52-107  2 GB

Remaining Schedule:
Arizona: 3xRockies 
Baltimore: 3xBlue Jays

#71 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,618 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 01 October 2021 - 11:49 AM

It looks like we pick 2.  That does not bother me that much.  Finding a premium talent at 2, should not be that hard. 

@mikeghg

#72 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,352 posts

Posted 01 October 2021 - 12:04 PM

Hopefully it ends up more like 2019 (multiple legit #1 guys) than 2020 (1 clear #1 guy).

I don't know if this is typical or not as I never followed the minors that closely, but 4 of the top 6 drafted in 2019 are currently top 7 prospects on both FG and Pipeline, and Vaughn might have been too but he's in the majors. That seems crazy.

• BobPhelan likes this

#73 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 01 October 2021 - 12:10 PM

Hopefully it ends up more like 2019 (multiple legit #1 guys) than 2020 (1 clear #1 guy).

I don't know if this is typical or not as I never followed the minors that closely, but 4 of the top 6 drafted in 2019 are currently top 7 prospects on both FG and Pipeline, and Vaughn might have been too but he's in the majors. That seems crazy.

Right now it looks very deep at the top of the draft but it’s still just so far away.

2019 was definitely that way.
  • makoman likes this

#74 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,311 posts

Posted 01 October 2021 - 12:13 PM

There is just no way of telling right now but it doesnt seem like there is going to be a clear cut 1. I mean Adley had a monster CWS in '18 and was pretty much the consensus #1 guy going into '19. I guess some could argue Witt was there too. Obviously guys like Harper and Strasburg were well known by this time. Not sure about Tork a few years ago.

#75 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,352 posts

Posted 01 October 2021 - 12:25 PM

Right now it looks very deep at the top of the draft but it’s still just so far away.

2019 was definitely that way.

Yeah, on the one hand you have people calling Elijah Green a generational talent or the best prospect ever seen, on the other you see mock drafts with him going like 3 or 5. 

I am fairly confident that we will get a very good player, and also that a lot of people will probably be unhappy about the pick.

• BobPhelan likes this

#76 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,427 posts

Posted 01 October 2021 - 01:37 PM

There is just no way of telling right now but it doesnt seem like there is going to be a clear cut 1. I mean Adley had a monster CWS in '18 and was pretty much the consensus #1 guy going into '19. I guess some could argue Witt was there too. Obviously guys like Harper and Strasburg were well known by this time. Not sure about Tork a few years ago.

Torkleson didn't really gain steam until closer to the draft from what I recall.  Mostly because he's a first baseman.

#77 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,427 posts

Posted 01 October 2021 - 01:38 PM

Still not over for those that really want the #1 pick.  Arizona has played decently against Colorado so far this year and Toronto desperately needs to win.

#78 Greg Pappas

Greg Pappas

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 October 2021 - 01:59 PM

Still not over for those that really want the #1 pick.  Arizona has played decently against Colorado so far this year and Toronto desperately needs to win.

Agreed, we still have a shot.  If you'd asked me mid-season, I'd have been happy to know we would receive the #2 pick.  Texas and Pittsburgh were both in it until recently. I just want Elias to take the BPA.

#79 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,347 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 October 2021 - 09:43 PM

Diamondbacks are up 7-0 in the 4th. O's lost.

#80 Greg Pappas

Greg Pappas

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 October 2021 - 12:05 AM

Diamondbacks are up 7-0 in the 4th. O's lost.

Yet, they typically blew the lead, including a blown save in the ninth. Smh... ah well.  D'Backs lost 9-7.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=