• Please log in to reply
347 replies to this topic

#61 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 28 August 2020 - 12:35 PM

Just a reminder guys to keep this thread more OH-centric... looking forward to additional people signing up here and introducing themselves in the Introductions thread.

We moved some of the more recent posts to the more prevalent thread here:

https://forum.baltim...blake-shooting/

• BSLChrisStoner and The Epic like this

#62 ChaosLex

ChaosLex

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 29 August 2020 - 04:04 PM

And it’s back (on Monday). 😁
@ChaosLex

Stannis Baratheon: "For the night is dark and full of terrors."

#63 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,376 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 29 August 2020 - 04:21 PM

And it’s back (on Monday).

I truly hope that people got to see that there are other options out there and don't feel as tethered to that place in this break. I know it was hard for us, and we had a good chunk of us all together. It's gotta be much harder one person at a time, especially when you have certain favorite posters and they don't leave.

• BobPhelan likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#64 JTrea81

JTrea81

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 29 August 2020 - 04:24 PM

I never realized just how much I posted over there until I stopped. Getting banned for OH permanently was a good thing for me, as it lead me to create OA as a alternate forum, eventually turning into a WordPress site which allowed me to write for Eutaw Street Report, The Baltimore Wire and then even creating some Medium posts that were selected by curators regarding other topics.

As for Tony, his latest post shows that he still doesn't quite get it unfortunately, but he's staying true to form.

There was no need to shut down the site, but he wanted it to be about what he felt, so he penalized those who actually contribute money to participate there to force his viewpoint on all of them.

It's all about ego and power.

• BobPhelan and waroriole like this

#65 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 29 August 2020 - 04:41 PM

And it’s back (on Monday).

wow, I do not know how you pull the plug in the manner he did and then reverse fields.  

@mikeghg

#66 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,376 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 29 August 2020 - 04:55 PM

wow, I do not know how you pull the plug in the manner he did and then reverse fields.  

He's done this a couple times.

@JeremyMStrain

#67 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,933 posts

Posted 29 August 2020 - 04:57 PM

Actions speak louder than... blah blah blah.

• BobPhelan likes this

#68 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 29 August 2020 - 05:13 PM

And it’s back (on Monday). 😁

Really ? That would be fast
Roll Tide

#69 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 29 August 2020 - 05:20 PM

So a guy against the boycotts, boycotted. Against protesting, protested. Against using your platform to send a message, used his platform to send a message. And as teams go back to work, he does too.

Do I have that right? I don’t know the guy, but this what it looks like.
  • SBTarheel, JeremyStrain, BSLMikeLowe and 16 others like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#70 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,171 posts

Posted 29 August 2020 - 06:59 PM

So a guy against the boycotts, boycotted. Against protesting, protested. Against using your platform to send a message, used his platform to send a message. And as teams go back to work, he does too.

Spot on.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#71 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 29 August 2020 - 07:05 PM

I put this in the other thread, but...

I'm sure the Democrats and Liberals who didn't know his personal stance before will feel very welcome back at the Hangout, not to mention those silly Black Marxists that are taking a break from roaming the streets ruining the world to post their thoughts on the Orioles. 

Give me a damn break. He should just admit he overreacted and leave well enough alone. 

• You Play to Win the Game and Mike B like this
@beginthebegin71

#72 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 29 August 2020 - 07:27 PM

I put this in the other thread, but...

I'm sure the Democrats and Liberals who didn't know his personal stance before will feel very welcome back at the Hangout, not to mention those silly Black Marxists that are taking a break from roaming the streets ruining the world to post their thoughts on the Orioles.

Give me a damn break. He should just admit he overreacted and leave well enough alone.

His statement reopening might as well have been written by Tucker Carlson. Oh i get it, i just haven’t done my research. I had under 1000 posts there over like 10 years, though was more active lately, but don’t see how I can go back. I hope this site will be more welcoming.
  • BSLChrisStoner, SBTarheel, JeremyStrain and 7 others like this

#73 hallas

hallas

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,552 posts
  • LocationDaniel Larusso's hometown

Posted 29 August 2020 - 07:38 PM

I truly hope that people got to see that there are other options out there and don't feel as tethered to that place in this break. I know it was hard for us, and we had a good chunk of us all together. It's gotta be much harder one person at a time, especially when you have certain favorite posters and they don't leave.

Its pretty frustrating that he'd resort to this. I've cross posted occasionally and posted on both boards for a little while, but I've generally preferred OH for Orioles related discourse, mostly because of a few extremely high quality posters there. (Not to disparage the people here, many of whom I know came from there and are posters that I enjoyed reading, or the non-orioles content here, which is generally superior.) But he's making it much harder to support his work if he's going to be this unstable as a site admin.

I've bit my tongue on the topic knowing that Tony was likely not someone I saw eye-to-eye with on anything social or political, because as he said the site was about baseball. Well now he's making it about something more, by throwing a tantrum about it and shutting down in protest. I still don't know what I will do going forward but it will almost certainly affect my browsing habits to some degree.

• JeremyStrain and BobPhelan like this

#74 waroriole

waroriole

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 519 posts

Posted 29 August 2020 - 08:20 PM

Can’t imagine how he could expect people to go back. It’s funny how all the “tough guys” are such snowflakes when it counts. Reading what he wrote, he still doesn’t get it. Goes on and on about his political opinions and then shuts it down for anyone else. What a pompous little douche.
  • SBTarheel, mweb08, BobPhelan and 1 other like this

#75 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 29 August 2020 - 08:21 PM

His statement reopening might as well have been written by Tucker Carlson. Oh i get it, i just haven’t done my research. I had under 1000 posts there over like 10 years, though was more active lately, but don’t see how I can go back. I hope this site will be more welcoming.

I think you will find exactly that here.

#76 dorfmac

dorfmac
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 29 August 2020 - 08:26 PM

I think you will find exactly that here.

It’s only been what, three days that I’ve been here?

I’ve been more excited to keep coming back and checking this site than I had been at OH since the summer of AJ Burnett in the early 2000s. And that is despite it being significantly less active and knowing I won’t have as many new posts to come back to.
  • JeremyStrain, The Epic, BobPhelan and 2 others like this

#77 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 29 August 2020 - 08:31 PM

Looks like that to me too.  

@mikeghg

#78 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,354 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 29 August 2020 - 08:41 PM

Can’t imagine how he could expect people to go back. It’s funny how all the “tough guys” are such snowflakes when it counts. Reading what he wrote, he still doesn’t get it. Goes on and on about his political opinions and then shuts it down for anyone else. What a pompous little douche.

Yep, good point on who the real snowflakes are.

#79 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,354 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 29 August 2020 - 08:42 PM

I’ve been more excited to keep coming back and checking this site than I had been at OH since the summer of AJ Burnett in the early 2000s. And that is despite it being significantly less active and knowing I won’t have as many new posts to come back to.

This was your name over there or something different?

#80 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 29 August 2020 - 08:51 PM

Haa, that was a wild summer. Crazy to think about how little it would've mattered in hindsight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=