russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 30 August 2020 - 09:14 AM

OK

Thanks to your father for his service

Russ .... A Veteran is a Veteran. When you enlist you put your life at risk for the better of our country. I appreciate his service to our country as much as your fathers. BTW, I am a disabled veteran of the Army with a horror story of Army and VA medicine. I don't have any fantastic stories about my service time other than to say I served honorably until my discharge

I agree .... But its his sandbox ..... Here its Chris' sandbox and you either operate by his rules or you are gone. Its really no different

I appreciate everyone's service. Even Tony's. I apologize for the IHOP reference. It was out of line and overly snarky.

Tony had me in his sights because I disagreed with him openly a few times. The foxhole reference that he made to me implied that I would be some type of coward in battle. That showed me his lack of character and caused me to lose a great deal of respect for him. It was beyond cheap.

I was banned because I called him pathetic in response to him calling me an a hole in a PM. (My response showed up in the firm of a post since you could not PM him directly at that point in time.) You're correct, it's his sandbox and apparently he can open and close it at will. Good for him.

BTW, thank you for your service. It was my father in law who earned the Silver Star. I'm sorry you had that experience with the VA. I used to take my late Uncle to the old VA hospital near Memorial Stadium years ago. The people that worked there were nice, but the conditions were appalling. There was no reason for that.

Anyway, I do remember you from over there and I hope that you continue to post on BSL
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#102 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 30 August 2020 - 09:24 AM

1) OK, sure, not really sure the reason for saying that to be honest

2) Going to have to agree to disagree I suppose. 

3) I am pretty sure he did pay attention to the immediate conversations that took place regarding the foxhole stuff. I think there may have been evidence of that at the time, but it's been a while. No clue what this Lamar stuff has to do with me or my post tbh. My conduct never got me in trouble over there, though.

4) It takes a lot to get banned here. 

5) I don't know how my post, which was a point of clarification, was taken as an invitation by you to be extremely harsh to me, yet here we are. 

1) because you said this "I'll just point out a clarification that a fair share of the people that left OH back then were not suspended or banned."

2) Fair enough

3) I'm just saying it stuff happens here also

4) Thats your opinion and I believe the same is true there. As I mentioned, I was banned here for retaliating after being trolled by a mod. I basically as MWEB said had enough of being talked down to by someone who was IMO being a troll and had a mod title.

If you argued with Chris to the point you thought you were crossing the line here I guarantee you would be banned here. I've witnessed that a few times there and couldn't believe the poster was being that stupid! Its like putting your hand in a lions mouth and expecting not to be bitten.

5) I dont think anything is gained by badmouthing that site or its leader there or doing something similar here

******** I'll stop now as I wasn't trying to make you feel attacked. But I don't think its any better than attacking someone like a number of people with a bone to pick has done in this thread******

Roll Tide

#103 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 30 August 2020 - 09:25 AM

It's actually very different here. Stoner almost never bans or suspends anyone, is very far from confrontational, and is tolerant of pretty much all views and actions that can reasonably be tolerated, which is all quite different than Tony.

There's no comparison between Tony and Chris. You have to be openly hostile to other posters or do stuff intentionally to get banned here. In comparison, Tony starts with passive aggressive statements like " I can't believe so and so stated that...,." Chris will step in when he sees things getting out of hand without triggering the offending poster.

<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#104 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 30 August 2020 - 09:30 AM

I appreciate everyone's service. Even Tony's. I apologize for the IHOP reference. It was out of line and overly snarky.

Tony had me in his sights because I disagreed with him openly a few times. The foxhole reference that he made to me implied that I would be some type of coward in battle. That showed me his lack of character and caused me to lose a great deal of respect for him. It was beyond cheap.

I was banned because I called him pathetic in response to him calling me an a hole in a PM. (My response showed up in the firm of a post since you could not PM him directly at that point in time.) You're correct, it's his sandbox and apparently he can open and close it at will. Good for him.

BTW, thank you for your service. It was father in law who earned the Silver Star. I'm sorry you had that experience with the VA. I used to take my late Uncle to the old VA hospital near Memorial Stadium years ago. The people that worked there were nice, but the conditions were appalling. There was no reason for that.

Anyway, I do remember you from over there and I hope that you continue to post on BSL

Noted .... Thanks

Chris closes threads here all of the time! I think its his prerogative

The VA & Army doctors are unfortunately the bottom of the barrel. The fact that they can make medical mistakes and not be held accountable because they work for the government is appalling!

I will and enjoy posting here, there , and even RSR most of the time!

My handle there was JOHNNYK27 for a long time

Thanks

• russsnyder and Ludatricks like this
Roll Tide

#105 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 30 August 2020 - 09:32 AM

He does have a couple of points that you fail to mention

Politics are strictly forbidden on his site. The board went down and I had no why before contacting a buddy by PM as I never read the content there and for the record rarely do here.

He explained that it was impossible to have that rule upheld when the game was cancelled for reasons that he perceived were political. I had to read the message to understand why I was unable to post!

I can't imagine how the game being cancelled couldve been discussed without it. Can you?

Your last statement is just ..... BULLSQUAT!

He didnt take a shot at law abiding black people! He mentions the other guys...You know the ones that ignore lawful orders, break laws, kill people, sell drugs, think they dont have to follow the rules.

Go back and actually read the article

There was no need to take a shot at ANYONE, he was reopening his site, not at all necessary to continue to try to justify his previous hissyfit.  

Yes, there are criminals in our country, great, thanks again for pointing that out, it should definitely do wonders for discourse moving forward. "But, Chicago", we get it. 

I read it once, and that was plenty.

And for the record, I personally have no "bone to pick", I left on my own accord, wasn't banned, wasn't warned of anything....etc. Saw how he treated some of my friends, and had enough. I only had one minor incident with Tony in several years as a poster, but I was in the wrong, and apologized, and it was forgotten. 

@beginthebegin71

#106 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,583 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 30 August 2020 - 09:32 AM

Bob .... At your login over there under your profile is a warning section

I note that I only posted the header .... But it would show my 3 infractions since joining

2 in 2007 (1 by Tony) and 1 in 2012

So if your were indeed banned the reason would be located there.

I'm not saying you are lying or being dishonest .... Its just hard to believe that you were banned and had no idea why.

Hard for me to believe as well. But that’s what happened.

#107 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,363 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 30 August 2020 - 09:34 AM

1) because you said this "I'll just point out a clarification that a fair share of the people that left OH back then were not suspended or banned."

2) Fair enough

3) I'm just saying it stuff happens here also

4) Thats your opinion and I believe the same is true there. As I mentioned, I was banned here for retaliating after being trolled by a mod. I basically as MWEB said had enough of being talked down to by someone who was IMO being a troll and had a mod title.

If you argued with Chris to the point you thought you were crossing the line here I guarantee you would be banned here. I've witnessed that a few times there and couldn't believe the poster was being that stupid! Its like putting your hand in a lions mouth and expecting not to be bitten.

5) I dont think anything is gained by badmouthing that site or its leader there or doing something similar here

******** I'll stop now as I wasn't trying to make you feel attacked. But I don't think its any better than attacking someone like a number of people with a bone to pick has done in this thread******

4) Is that a quote of mine from OH?

It's clear as day that you can argue with Stoner and say stuff that he doesn't like to a much further extent then you could with Tony. Maybe he's changed, though as I haven't been lurking over there at all.

5) Nothing may be gained from it, but he actually did invite the type of response he got with his actions. And I do badmouth racism, and sometimes in an overly harsh way as you say, and he's shown his true colors in that regard imo. You seem to disagree with that.

#108 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 30 August 2020 - 09:36 AM

There was no need to take a shot at ANYONE, he was reopening his site, not at all necessary to continue to try to justify his previous hissyfit.

Yes, there are criminals in our country, great, thanks again for pointing that out, it should definitely do wonders for discourse moving forward. "But, Chicago", we get it.

I read it once, and that was plenty.

And for the record, I personally have no "bone to pick", I left on my own accord, wasn't banned, wasn't warned of anything....etc. Saw how he treated some of my friends, and had enough. I only had one minor incident with Tony in several years as a poster, but I was in the wrong, and apologized, and it was forgotten.

Noted

I think the whole situation has taken a really bad turn in our country. I don’t see an easy solution for it to get fixed.
  • SBTarheel likes this
Roll Tide

#109 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,583 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 30 August 2020 - 09:38 AM

My handle there was JOHNNYK27 for a long time

And here when you got banned correct?

#110 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,021 posts

Posted 30 August 2020 - 09:42 AM

Its not surprising. He defintely kept track of the posters who moved here when BSL opened and was not happy about it. There were some things I didn't like about the way OH was moderated and run but the main reason I left was that I refused to pay money to post on a board. Especially since the content behind the paywall was extremely light at the time
  • BobPhelan likes this

#111 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 30 August 2020 - 09:45 AM

4) Is that a quote of mine from OH?

It's clear as day that you can argue with Stoner and say stuff that he doesn't like to a much further extent then you could with Tony. Maybe he's changed, though as I haven't been lurking over there at all.

5) Nothing may be gained from it, but he actually did invite the type of response he got with his actions. And I do badmouth racism, and sometimes in an overly harsh way as you say, and he's shown his true colors in that regard imo. You seem to disagree with that.

No here

Tony is not racist ....Period!

I am not racist either.... I believe in a world where all people are treated the same.

I also believe regardless of race you give up protections when you knowingly doing things that many of these people are doing.

1) disobeying a lawful order

2) carrying and/or concealing illegal weapons and reaching for them while there is an attempt to arrest you

3) wrestling with police attempting to make arrests

4) stealing  weapons from an officer and trying to use it on them

5) trying to flee and injuring or killing the offer while doing it
6) engaging in felonious criminal activity that could harm law abiding citizens 

As I mentioned, 

Roll Tide

#112 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,363 posts

Posted 30 August 2020 - 09:48 AM

No here

Tony is not racist ....Period!

I am not racist either.... I believe in a world where all people are treated the same.

I also believe regardless of race you give up protections when you knowing doing the things that many of these people are doing.

1) disobeying a lawful order

2) carrying and/or concealing illegal weapons and reaching for them while there is an attempt to arrest you

3) wresting with police attempting to make arrests

4) stealing a weapons from an officer and trying to use it on them

5) trying to flee and injuring or killing the offer while doing it
6) engaging in felonious criminal activity that could harm law abiding citizens 

As I mentioned, 

But a quote from forever ago? 

And I stand by what I said, but the rest of this is post is probably more appropriately discussed elsewhere than this thread. 

#113 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 30 August 2020 - 09:49 AM

And here when you got banned correct?

I think so ... but I’m not sure so I recommend asking Chris. For the record i didn’t create a new profile just changed my handle.

And I accept the responsibility for losing my composure here.

Roll Tide

#114 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 30 August 2020 - 09:51 AM

But a quote from forever ago? 

And I stand by what I said, but the rest of this is post is probably more appropriately discussed elsewhere than this thread. 

The only quote I used from here was the one belonging to Rob Shields from early in August.

Roll Tide

#115 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,363 posts

Posted 30 August 2020 - 09:52 AM

The only quote I used from here was the one belonging to Rob Shields from early in August.

So I guess I am confused by what this is:

I basically as MWEB said had enough of being talked down to by someone who was IMO being a troll and had a mod title.

#116 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 30 August 2020 - 10:01 AM

So I guess I am confused by what this is:

I was referring a post earlier in this thread. If it wasn’t you that said you had enough of being talked down to over at the OH my mistake and I apologize 

Roll Tide

#117 Why Not?

Why Not?

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • LocationCharles Town, W.Va.

Posted 30 August 2020 - 10:54 AM

I posted there regularly years ago. I never had a run-in with Pente but I could tell he was a bit of a bully and a charlatan. I'm done with the place now. 

• BobPhelan and Chris B like this

#118 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,946 posts

Posted 30 August 2020 - 11:20 AM

I think for a while, Tony made it a banning offense to complain about him or OH on another message board (i.e. here).  So it's definitely possible that he read something you wrote here, and then banned you without your knowing.

• BobPhelan likes this

#119 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,583 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 30 August 2020 - 11:26 AM

I think for a while, Tony made it a banning offense to complain about him or OH on another message board (i.e. here). So it's definitely possible that he read something you wrote here, and then banned you without your knowing.

Certainly possible even if I don’t remember posting anything too harsh. Either way, no sweat off my back.

#120 Why Not?

Why Not?

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • LocationCharles Town, W.Va.

Posted 30 August 2020 - 11:29 AM

I think for a while, Tony made it a banning offense to complain about him or OH on another message board (i.e. here).  So it's definitely possible that he read something you wrote here, and then banned you without your knowing.

Posters would just disappear occasionally. If people asked questions about the disappearance, they were threatened with banishment themselves. It was all pretty comical. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=