347 replies to this topic

#81 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,563 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 29 August 2020 - 09:10 PM

I hope this site will be more welcoming.

I think you will find that it is based on all prior experience. Glad you made it over here.

#82 dorfmac

dorfmac
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 29 August 2020 - 09:35 PM

This was your name over there or something different?

Same name. Mostly lurked, but accumulated a few hundred post over a decade and a half or so before my unceremonious dismissal 😂

#83 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 29 August 2020 - 09:37 PM

Same name. Mostly lurked, but accumulated a few hundred post over a decade and a half or so before my unceremonious dismissal 😂

Good deal. I and some others here used to post a lot over there. Glad I left "the foxhole" many years ago.

Welcome.

#84 mrbig1

mrbig1
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 August 2020 - 02:13 AM

Been a member of Orioles hangout for 13 years. I'm just glad to be with my Orioles brothers and sisters. Now let's get high.  :wub:

#85 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 30 August 2020 - 03:00 AM

Can’t imagine how he could expect people to go back. It’s funny how all the “tough guys” are such snowflakes when it counts. Reading what he wrote, he still doesn’t get it. Goes on and on about his political opinions and then shuts it down for anyone else. What a pompous little douche.

He's always been a baby.

It's always about him and the fact that he shut down his site for a day over players boycotting a game equates to a tantrum IMO. ( A grandstanding tantrum.)

He could have very easily stepped away for a while and not posted on an active site, but he had to make it about him and his feelings.

Most importantly, he put his political views on full display while making sure to note that he will not allow any political discussion on his newly reopened board.

His last post to me when I was banned was " That's what happens to people who make a jerk of me". Well, it obviously wasn't a difficult thing to do.
<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#86 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 30 August 2020 - 07:03 AM

He's always been a baby.

It's always about him and the fact that he shut down his site for a day over players boycotting a game equates to a tantrum IMO. ( A grandstanding tantrum.)

He could have very easily stepped away for a while and not posted on an active site, but he had to make it about him and his feelings.

Most importantly, he put his political views on full display while making sure to note that he will not allow any political discussion on his newly reopened board.

His last post to me when I was banned was " That's what happens to people who make a jerk of me". Well, it obviously wasn't a difficult thing to do.

#Clueless

Roll Tide

#87 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 30 August 2020 - 07:50 AM

You know I have been a poster in both places for a long time.  Came over at Stoner’s invitation when he created this site. I enjoy discussing the Ravens here as there is little interest in it at OH and RSR site is poorly moderated. 

I will say that most of the guys that were suspended or banned from the “Foxhole” was well deserved in my opinion.

I point to this post by Rob Shields in the Rants 2 section

You guys want to know why OH has sustained for so long, has so many members, etc..? Because they don’t deal with this.

Many of the posters that mentioned negative things and banned here are among the people that I’m glad are banned over there.

***** I will say for full disclosure that I was banned or suspended here for close to a year*******

I had a tangle with a mod and got carried away with my response. Reflecting on that ban, I got carried away and Stoner had little or no other option to end the confrontation.

With that said, I left the site feeling like the mod in question had the power to say whatever he wanted to me with no penalty. And contributing members are the engine for advertisement revenue.

I think it’s unnecessary for guys here to bash that site or Tony. But whatever it takes for some people to get their jollies off or pound of flesh.

Im happy to see guys joining here and think they have something to offer the sight and the conversation.

I think Tony is in a stressful position of having a son that’s a police officer. If I had a son that was or if I was a police officer I would take a leave of absence. They are in a precarious position of doing a job that’s hard under normal circumstances with a hand tied behind their back. There are certainly bad officers and they need to be removed from the force. But that is not the majority and I refuse to believe that most law enforcement officers are on a power trip or hurt black people. 

Just my two cents

Roll Tide

#88 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts

Posted 30 August 2020 - 08:08 AM

I'll just point out a clarification that a fair share of the people that left OH back then were not suspended or banned. And if they were, it was only at the end for rightfully pushing back on the foxhole nonsense. I for instance was never suspended or banned in my many years there for instance. Now if he paid attention to what was said on here after the exodus, I doubt I would have been welcomed back by someone with his personality and perhaps I even got banned after I left on my own.

#89 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,563 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 30 August 2020 - 08:09 AM

Just for the record I logged in over there one day like 5 years ago and that’s how I found out I was banned. No idea why, no explanation. Luckily I was primarily over here by that point and just assume that’s why.

#90 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 30 August 2020 - 08:31 AM

You know I have been a poster in both places for a long time. Came over at Stoner’s invitation when he created this site. I enjoy discussing the Ravens here as there is little interest in it at OH and RSR site is poorly moderated.

I will say that most of the guys that were suspended or banned from the “Foxhole” was well deserved in my opinion.

I point to this post by Rob Shields in the Rants 2 section

Many of the posters that mentioned negative things and banned here are among the people that I’m glad are banned over there.

***** I will say for full disclosure that I was banned or suspended here for close to a year*******

I had a tangle with a mod and got carried away with my response. Reflecting on that ban, I got carried away and Stoner had little or no other option to end the confrontation.

With that said, I left the site feeling like the mod in question had the power to say whatever he wanted to me with no penalty. And contributing members are the engine for advertisement revenue.

I think it’s unnecessary for guys here to bash that site or Tony. But whatever it takes for some people to get their jollies off or pound of flesh.

Im happy to see guys joining here and think they have something to offer the sight and the conversation.

I think Tony is in a stressful position of having a son that’s a police officer. If I had a son that was or if I was a police officer I would take a leave of absence. They are in a precarious position of doing a job that’s hard under normal circumstances with a hand tied behind their back. There are certainly bad officers and they need to be removed from the force. But that is not the majority and I refuse to believe that most law enforcement officers are on a power trip or hurt black people.

Just my two cents

I was told that I wasn't a "foxhole" guy because I criticized Ravens fans for throwing snowballs at Vikings players at a game I attended.

The whole"foxhole" reference is another way to remind everyone of his service to the country. My late father in law served in three wars and was awarded a Silver Star and he never liked people thanking him for his service. He performed his duties stoically. In contrast, I bet Tony is first in line when the IHOP opens every Veterans Day.

I'm sure that having a son that is a police officer is stressful anytime and probably more so now. ( Full disclosure, I have a niece whom is a Baltimore County police officer. She wanted to serve the community and she's apparently fine with assuming all the risks that come with it.) However, he chose to put out that manifesto and be decided to wear his feelings on his sleeve.

He deserves the criticism since he did exactly what the MLB players he got upset with did. He boycotted his own site for the weekend because of his political beliefs. Like someone else said, he's a small man.
  • mweb08, BobPhelan and RShack like this

#91 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 30 August 2020 - 08:36 AM

Just for the record I logged in over there one day like 5 years ago and that’s how I found out I was banned. No idea why, no explanation. Luckily I was primarily over here by that point and just assume that’s why.

For the record, I have posted under a pseudonym over there after being banned. I haven't for a few years because I forgot the password for the login.

Superbee83

#92 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 30 August 2020 - 08:44 AM

1) I'll just point out a clarification that a fair share of the people that left OH back then were not suspended or banned.

2) And if they were, it was only at the end for rightfully pushing back on the foxhole nonsense.

3) I for instance was never suspended or banned in my many years there for instance. Now if he paid attention to what was said on here after the exodus,

4)I doubt I would have been welcomed back by someone with his personality and perhaps I even got banned after I left on my own.

1) There were a number of posters that left OH when Chris created this site. I don't know his motivations for creating BSL other than wanting his own business venture around something he loves. So I wont pretend to know if there were other motivations behind it.

2) Your opinion .... But I think your wrong

3) I'm sure he didnt and doesn't .... I think he would be more interested in your conduct down. Further, I recall it being insinuated here (not sure who) that I was for being a racists in the Ravens thread for saying that I didnt like LJs style of QB play. I pointed out that I preferred a more traditional passing game, didnt think he was an accurate passer downfield, and thought his injury probability was very high. So I'm sure you weren't!

4) I said already that I feel I was unfairly banned here for quite some time. I wont rehash the reasons again or the merits of my value to the board versus the BSL mod that was way over the top in his discussions with me

Further, And I dont know whether Chris followed my activity on the OH to see if I was badmouthing his website or cared.

But, I did not go anywhere and do that. Honestly, I did not know or care if I was or wanted to ever post here again.

5) Its my opinion that your points/opinions are extremely harsh..... No surprise as your self proclaimed portrait of "Arrogant Bastard"

Roll Tide

#93 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 30 August 2020 - 08:49 AM

Bob .... At your login over there under your profile is a warning section

0 warning points
No restrictions being applied

I note that I only posted the header .... But it would show my 3 infractions since joining

2 in 2007 (1 by Tony) and 1 in 2012

So if your were indeed banned the reason would be located there.

I'm not saying you are lying or being dishonest .... Its just hard to believe that you were banned and had no idea why.

Roll Tide

#94 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 30 August 2020 - 08:53 AM

Yes, his Son's job is dangerous, but it was dangerous before the Orioles decided not to play, and would have been just as dangerous if the Orioles and Rays would have played Thursday night. He had a hissyfit when the Orioles decided to support the idea that Black Lives Mattered. That's it, there's no way to spin it any other way. Actions spoke loud for sure. 

To go all "But Black on Black Crime" in his reopening statement, i mean, come on man. Why not just say "Let me get a few more digs at Black people in before I tell you how welcoming my website is". Give me a damn break. 

• The Epic, RShack and BSLRoseKatz like this
@beginthebegin71

#95 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 30 August 2020 - 08:57 AM

I was told that I wasn't a "foxhole" guy because I criticized Ravens fans for throwing snowballs at Vikings players at a game I attended.

The whole"foxhole" reference is another way to remind everyone of his service to the country. My late father in law served in three wars and was awarded a Silver Star and he never liked people thanking him for his service. He performed his duties stoically. In contrast, I bet Tony is first in line when the IHOP opens every Veterans Day.

I'm sure that having a son that is a police officer is stressful anytime and probably more so now. ( Full disclosure, I have a niece whom is a Baltimore County police officer. She wanted to serve the community and she's apparently fine with assuming all the risks that come with it.) However, he chose to put out that manifesto and be decided to wear his feelings on his sleeve.

He deserves the criticism since he did exactly what the MLB players he got upset with did. He boycotted his own site for the weekend because of his political beliefs. Like someone else said, he's a small man.

OK

Thanks to your father for his service

Russ .... A Veteran is a Veteran. When you enlist you put your life at risk for the better of our country. I appreciate his service to our country as much as your fathers. BTW, I am a disabled veteran of the Army with a horror story of Army and VA medicine. I don't have any fantastic stories about my service time other than to say I served honorably until my discharge

I agree .... But its his sandbox ..... Here its Chris' sandbox and you either operate by his rules or you are gone. Its really no different

Roll Tide

#96 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 30 August 2020 - 08:58 AM

For the record, I have posted under a pseudonym over there after being banned. I haven't for a few years because I forgot the password for the login.

Superbee83

I'm sure you can recover your password..NO?

Roll Tide

#97 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts

Posted 30 August 2020 - 09:01 AM

1) There were a number of posters that left OH when Chris created this site. I don't know his motivations for creating BSL other than wanting his own business venture around something he loves. So I wont pretend to know if there were other motivations behind it.

2) Your opinion .... But I think your wrong

3) I'm sure he didnt and doesn't .... I think he would be more interested in your conduct down. Further, I recall it being insinuated here (not sure who) that I was for being a racists in the Ravens thread for saying that I didnt like LJs style of QB play. I pointed out that I preferred a more traditional passing game, didnt think he was an accurate passer downfield, and thought his injury probability was very high. So I'm sure you weren't!

4) I said already that I feel I was unfairly banned here for quite some time. I wont rehash the reasons again or the merits of my value to the board versus the BSL mod that was way over the top in his discussions with me

Further, And I dont know whether Chris followed my activity on the OH to see if I was badmouthing his website or cared.

But, I did not go anywhere and do that. Honestly, I did not know or care if I was or wanted to ever post here again.

5) Its my opinion that your points/opinions are extremely harsh..... No surprise as your self proclaimed portrait of "Arrogant Bastard"

1) OK, sure, not really sure the reason for saying that to be honest

2) Going to have to agree to disagree I suppose. 

3) I am pretty sure he did pay attention to the immediate conversations that took place regarding the foxhole stuff. I think there may have been evidence of that at the time, but it's been a while. No clue what this Lamar stuff has to do with me or my post tbh. My conduct never got me in trouble over there, though.

4) It takes a lot to get banned here. 

5) I don't know how my post, which was a point of clarification, was taken as an invitation by you to be extremely harsh to me, yet here we are. 

#98 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 30 August 2020 - 09:01 AM

I'm sure you can recover your password..NO?

Not real interested.

I won't post over there any way.

#99 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts

Posted 30 August 2020 - 09:04 AM

I agree .... But its his sandbox ..... Here its Chris' sandbox and you either operate by his rules or you are gone. Its really no different

It's actually very different here. Stoner almost never bans or suspends anyone, is very far from confrontational, and is tolerant of pretty much all views and actions that can reasonably be tolerated, which is all quite different than Tony.

• BobPhelan likes this

#100 Roll Tide

Roll Tide

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts
  • LocationWestminster

Posted 30 August 2020 - 09:11 AM

Yes, his Son's job is dangerous, but it was dangerous before the Orioles decided not to play, and would have been just as dangerous if the Orioles and Rays would have played Thursday night. He had a hissyfit when the Orioles decided to support the idea that Black Lives Mattered. That's it, there's no way to spin it any other way. Actions spoke loud for sure. 

To go all "But Black on Black Crime" in his reopening statement, i mean, come on man. Why not just say "Let me get a few more digs at Black people in before I tell you how welcoming my website is". Give me a damn break. 

He does have a couple of points that you fail to mention

Politics are strictly forbidden on his site. The board went down and I had no why before contacting a buddy by PM as I never read the content there and for the record rarely do here.

He explained that it was impossible to have that rule upheld when the game was cancelled for reasons that he perceived were political. I had to read the message to understand why I was unable to post!

I can't imagine how the game being cancelled couldve been discussed without it. Can you?

Your last statement is just ..... BULLSQUAT!

He didnt take a shot at law abiding black people! He mentions the other guys...You know the ones that ignore lawful orders, break laws, kill people, sell drugs, think they dont have to follow the rules.

Go back and actually read the article

Roll Tide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=