• Please log in to reply
677 replies to this topic

#641 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 28 August 2020 - 07:37 AM

Hopefully we'll see more new posters here - I'm looking forward to the added discussion both about the Orioles and beyond.

We have a really strong group here and I'd argue that our wide-ranging topics (Orioles, Ravens, Terps, other collegiate, random, etc.) outweighs any other Baltimore-centric message board.

#642 Flosman

Flosman
  • Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationKenosha, Wisconsin

Posted 28 August 2020 - 12:14 PM

Another long time hangout member who found themself a virtual refugee yesterday, lol. Guess if anyone is interested I can give some frontline info. I moved to kenosha in January after being a longtime resident of the panhandle of Florida. Grew up in st. Mary's county. I am a high school football coach who doesn't remember ever not being a O's fan no matter how abusive the relationship has been at times.
  • BSLChrisStoner, BobPhelan, Chris B and 4 others like this

#643 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,704 posts

Posted 28 August 2020 - 02:47 PM

So, uh, anything interesting going on in your neck of the woods recently?

• JeremyStrain and BSLRoseKatz like this

#644 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 28 August 2020 - 03:14 PM

Another long time hangout member who found themself a virtual refugee yesterday, lol. Guess if anyone is interested I can give some frontline info. I moved to kenosha in January after being a longtime resident of the panhandle of Florida. Grew up in st. Mary's county. I am a high school football coach who doesn't remember ever not being a O's fan no matter how abusive the relationship has been at times.

We actually picked up an entire section of HS sports fans when the Sun closed. That HS football section gets pretty lit when there is actual football going on, if I'm not mistaken there may be another coach or two in there.

@JeremyMStrain

#645 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 28 August 2020 - 03:18 PM

Welcome. and I hope you're safe up there.

BTW, love Wisconsin. The alcohol is cheap, and there's so much space.

#646 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 28 August 2020 - 04:29 PM

Welcome.  There is a good group of guys here, who know their sports.  Be safe, hope things calm down there soon.

@mikeghg

#647 O-The-Memories

O-The-Memories
  • Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationLa Plata, MD

Posted 28 August 2020 - 05:28 PM

i'm in La Plata, Southern Maryland O's fans are always cool to speak to. Anytime I see someone in Orioles gear I talk to them, 95% of the time they really do follow the team closely. There may not be many of us, but the fans that exist seem really passionate. If you see a brown guy that constantly wears an Orioles hat and you are in the southern part of the county, there's a good chance it's me, lol. 

I was born in Baltimore, lived in Harford county as a kid (Box Hill/Abingdon, Forest Hill, Bel Air) and went to Fallston High School and then UMD. I am a teacher in Charles County and I have a 2 year old and a very understanding wife who seems to enjoy the fact that baseball makes me happy. I was over at Orioles Hangout for a while and although I will miss it there, it's good to have another place available. 

• BSLChrisStoner, JeremyStrain, The Epic and 4 others like this

If you disagree with something I posted, I thought Larry Bigbie, Luis Matos, and Jay Gibbons would be a future amazing outfield for the Orioles. There's a good chance I'm wrong about whatever I wrote. 

#648 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,562 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 28 August 2020 - 05:39 PM

i'm in La Plata, Southern Maryland O's fans are always cool to speak to. Anytime I see someone in Orioles gear I talk to them, 95% of the time they really do follow the team closely. There may not be many of us, but the fans that exist seem really passionate. If you see a brown guy that constantly wears an Orioles hat and you are in the southern part of the county, there's a good chance it's me, lol. 

I was born in Baltimore, lived in Harford county as a kid (Box Hill/Abingdon, Forest Hill, Bel Air) and went to Fallston High School and then UMD. I am a teacher in Charles County and I have a 2 year old and a very understanding wife who seems to enjoy the fact that baseball makes me happy. I was over at Orioles Hangout for a while and although I will miss it there, it's good to have another place available. 

Welcome aboard

#649 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,464 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 August 2020 - 05:43 PM

Welcome!

#650 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 28 August 2020 - 11:36 PM

I was so sure that Jay Gibbons was the next Orioles star. So sure.

#651 Big Mac

Big Mac
  • Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationWilmington, DE

Posted 29 August 2020 - 01:57 PM

Another former OHer here.  I'll be posting here from now, looking forward to talking baseball with everyone.  Also, I'm a big fan of the On the Verge podcast, keep up the great work there!

As a bit of background, I grew up in Northern Va, went to Bama and then ended up back in VA for law school at UVa. I've been in Wilmington, DE since 2016 and probably make it to 12-15 games at OPACY per year and usually take a couple of weekend trips per season to catch the O's on the road somewhere.  I also attend as many minor league games as I can and in particular get to see a lot of Frederick here in Wilmington and also Aberdeen since it is only a short drive away.  It has certainly been strange not attending games this year but I am happy to just have baseball back in any capacity at this point. 

• BSLChrisStoner, You Play to Win the Game, JeremyStrain and 5 others like this
@s_sully91

#652 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,840 posts

Posted 29 August 2020 - 02:31 PM

You could knock me over with a feather...

http://www.oriolesha...open-on-monday/

Even I thought it would be longer than 4 days. Lol. That said, there had to be some legal issues possible considering its a pay site.

#653 ChaosLex

ChaosLex

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 29 August 2020 - 02:35 PM

Even I thought it would be longer than 4 days. Lol. That said, there had to be some legal issues possible considering its a pay site.

You’re not seeing things. I meant to post it to the James Blake thread, so I deleted my post from here. 😁
@ChaosLex

Stannis Baratheon: "For the night is dark and full of terrors."

#654 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 29 August 2020 - 02:47 PM

Pretty sure we all knew this was going to end with the ol' "Since so many people have reached out to me and told me how important this place is to them I'll give them what they want and we'll stay open".

How many times have we seen this one?

Still doesn't change who he is, and he wasn't even apologetic, he spent the entire post trying to get people to come to his side of reason and blaming the media...sounds like someone else we know in a position of power.

• BobPhelan likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#655 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,464 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 29 August 2020 - 03:17 PM

What a joke - I hope no one returns. That's insane to me for him to do that to the people there. 

• BobPhelan likes this

#656 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,562 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 29 August 2020 - 03:18 PM

Another former OHer here. I'll be posting here from now, looking forward to talking baseball with everyone. Also, I'm a big fan of the On the Verge podcast, keep up the great work there!

As a bit of background, I grew up in Northern Va, went to Bama and then ended up back in VA for law school at UVa. I've been in Wilmington, DE since 2016 and probably make it to 12-15 games at OPACY per year and usually take a couple of weekend trips per season to catch the O's on the road somewhere. I also attend as many minor league games as I can and in particular get to see a lot of Frederick here in Wilmington and also Aberdeen since it is only a short drive away. It has certainly been strange not attending games this year but I am happy to just have baseball back in any capacity at this point.

Welcome! And I really appreciate the kind words for On the Verge!

#657 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 29 August 2020 - 03:24 PM

Another former OHer here.  I'll be posting here from now, looking forward to talking baseball with everyone.  Also, I'm a big fan of the On the Verge podcast, keep up the great work there!

As a bit of background, I grew up in Northern Va, went to Bama and then ended up back in VA for law school at UVa. I've been in Wilmington, DE since 2016 and probably make it to 12-15 games at OPACY per year and usually take a couple of weekend trips per season to catch the O's on the road somewhere.  I also attend as many minor league games as I can and in particular get to see a lot of Frederick here in Wilmington and also Aberdeen since it is only a short drive away.  It has certainly been strange not attending games this year but I am happy to just have baseball back in any capacity at this point. 

I think some of us remember you when you were a HS senior. Not sure which of us that makes old though.

• Big Mac likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#658 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,562 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 29 August 2020 - 03:26 PM

This is starting to feel like a high school reunion haha I hope it continues
  • JeremyStrain likes this

#659 mrbig1

mrbig1
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 August 2020 - 02:20 AM

Hi, Mr. big here. O's fan since 1964. 65 and retired. Born in D.C. lived many years in P.G. county now living in Louisville, KY. Been a member of Orioles hangout for 13 years. Thank you for having me.

• BSLChrisStoner, BobPhelan, Chris B and 1 other like this

#660 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 30 August 2020 - 06:38 AM

Hi, Mr. big here. O's fan since 1964. 65 and retired. Born in D.C. lived many years in P.G. county now living in Louisville, KY. Been a member of Orioles hangout for 13 years. Thank you for having me.

Welcome!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=