• Please log in to reply
677 replies to this topic

#621 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 06 July 2018 - 10:17 AM

Really great to see the influx of new posters. Hope it continues!

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#622 Dutch

Dutch
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 05:05 PM

Dutch is the name and I'm Dutch living in the Netherlands. Orioles and Liverpool fan. 

• BSLChrisStoner, DJ MC and CA-ORIOLE like this

#623 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 05:14 PM

Dutch is the name and I'm Dutch living in the Netherlands. Orioles and Liverpool fan. 

We've had pretty good Premier League discussions here...  you'll be a welcomed addition!

#624 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,465 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 06 July 2018 - 05:31 PM

We've had pretty good Premier League discussions here... you'll be a welcomed addition!

We'll see if he agrees. ;)

#625 CA-ORIOLE

CA-ORIOLE

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • LocationSOCAL

Posted 06 July 2018 - 05:40 PM

Did a port visit to Den Helder years ago. Neat place. 

#626 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 06:47 PM

How do you feel about Keita and Fabinho?

#627 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,538 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 07 July 2018 - 06:44 PM

New posters: I love you all but you need avatars! I can’t keep staring at blank mannequins! GET TO IT!

Love,

BSL’s next moderator
  • BSLChrisStoner, JeremyStrain, BobPhelan and 1 other like this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#628 CMU82

CMU82
  • Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 07:48 PM

ChippewaJoe from the old Sun forum.  It's good to see so many more old familiar names showing up here (except one).  I joined this forum at the same time as the incident that jamesdean and another mentioned earlier on this thread.  The recent County Executive race had been occupying a lot of my recent time. 

Moved here from Michigan in late 2000 (because we didn't have a pro football team ;-) )  I have fond memories (and heartaches) of Detroit's pro teams, Michigan and Michigan State, and Central Michigan (hence the handle).  The Colts were my second favorite team of the 60s (I hated the Packers), and did watch Matte and gang get hosed on the Chandler FG.  I felt your pain during those wretched years that led up to the Mayflower trucks.  I've watched and followed the Ravens faithfully since the move (picked a great year to do it!)

I am just discovering all that this forum offers (just found the game threads last week).  It's 'overwhelming'....and very well done.   

#629 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 08 July 2018 - 10:46 AM

ChippewaJoe from the old Sun forum.  It's good to see so many more old familiar names showing up here (except one).  I joined this forum at the same time as the incident that jamesdean and another mentioned earlier on this thread.  The recent County Executive race had been occupying a lot of my recent time. 

Moved here from Michigan in late 2000 (because we didn't have a pro football team :wink: )  I have fond memories (and heartaches) of Detroit's pro teams, Michigan and Michigan State, and Central Michigan (hence the handle).  The Colts were my second favorite team of the 60s (I hated the Packers), and did watch Matte and gang get hosed on the Chandler FG.  I felt your pain during those wretched years that led up to the Mayflower trucks.  I've watched and followed the Ravens faithfully since the move (picked a great year to do it!)

I am just discovering all that this forum offers (just found the game threads last week).  It's 'overwhelming'....and very well done.   

It'll take a bit to take in. A huge chunk of us came over after an "incident" at another forum pretty soon after Chris started this place. It's been a few years, smaller group of us, very familiar with each other so the conversation takes on that "bar argument with your friends after a couple beers" vibe sometimes. But the conversation is really good, and there's a REAL wide range of topics.

There are a couple of us Redskins fans here, although not many, and we are very self aware, we know how awful we are, so we don't have any rivalry thing going with the Ravens fans.  A decent sized core of Caps fans who are still hungover from the cup win.

• CMU82 and MikeinOwingsMills like this
@JeremyMStrain

#630 SaintBull

SaintBull
  • Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 04:12 PM

Can anyone give us newbies some info on how to make an avatar? I can’t figure it out.

#631 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 04:23 PM

Can anyone give us newbies some info on how to make an avatar? I can’t figure it out.

Sure... here is some background:
http://www.baltimore...ic/362-avatars/

If you have further issues, just send the logo to me at [email protected] and I'll manually add for you.

#632 Ojielo

Ojielo
  • Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:14 PM

Hello ALL....54 year old Marine from Turner Station...My former handle was BJC on the Sun Board...I'm pretty versatile, but will mainly post on the HS Sports Board...

• BSLChrisStoner, Chris B, Mike B and 1 other like this
Marine Corps Sniper...One Shot One Kill

#633 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 06:13 AM

Bump. If you haven't introduced yourself... please do!

#634 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 02:26 PM

Good afternoon, I am 51 and a lifelong Baltimorean. I attended Calvert Hall, WVU as an undergrad and Morgan State University as a grad student. I posted on the Baltimore Sun Sports forums from 2007-2018. I mainly post about HS sports (football, basketball, track & field and lacrosse). I love Terps and WVU basketball, WVU & Ravens football and Lakers basketball (since 1977) and will post on those boards from time to time. Recently retired from the Maryland Department of Public Safety after 20 yrs (23 total). Thanks for the sports outlet.
  • BSLChrisStoner, JeremyStrain and Chris B like this

#635 CrimsonHawk

CrimsonHawk
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 02:12 PM

Hello - Followed the Sun forum (High School sports mainly) for a couple years and when that was nixed, migrated to BSL forum.  I am an infrequent poster compared to some others, but enjoy reading all the commentary. Long time O's fan and been Ravens fan since they arrived in Baltimore.  Graduated from IUP and have Master's in Athletic Admin from Ohio University.  Born and raised in PA, but have coached HS football in MD since 2009.  Thanks!

• BSLChrisStoner and Chris B like this

#636 SunspotRob

SunspotRob
  • Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 12:24 PM

Hey all. Forgot to post here before posting in topics. Many of you will remember me as Moderator over at the now-defunct Baltimore Sun Message Board. I was a long time poster there before they asked me to moderate. A no-pay a lot of work job but I still enjoyed the experience. Hope we can have some great discussions and pardon my negative take on the O's franchise under the Angelos regime.

• BSLChrisStoner, BobPhelan, Chris B and 4 others like this

#637 Pushmonkey

Pushmonkey
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 August 2020 - 09:57 PM

Hey all. I come from orioles hangout. I posted there since I think 2003 or so by this same name. I’m thankful for a new all welcoming place to discuss our home town teams. I think the leadership we have as coaches show class and character.
  • BSLChrisStoner, The Epic, BobPhelan and 3 others like this

#638 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,563 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 27 August 2020 - 10:02 PM

Hey all. I come from orioles hangout. I posted there since I think 2003 or so by this same name. I’m thankful for a new all welcoming place to discuss our home town teams. I think the leadership we have as coaches show class and character.

I recognize the name, welcome!

#639 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,465 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 August 2020 - 10:13 PM

Welcome.

#640 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 27 August 2020 - 10:30 PM

Welcome, man!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=