#21 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 27 August 2020 - 10:09 PM

I have not been there for years but is sad to see him end with that rant.  Talk about burning bridges.  

@mikeghg

#22 ChaosLex

ChaosLex

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 27 August 2020 - 10:19 PM

Grandstanding.

Exactamundo. Reminds me of the “threat” to close OH from last year.
  • waroriole likes this
@ChaosLex

Stannis Baratheon: "For the night is dark and full of terrors."

#23 waroriole

waroriole

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 519 posts

Posted 28 August 2020 - 06:12 AM

Exactamundo. Reminds me of the “threat” to close OH from last year.

He made that threat earlier when they did the Black Lives Matter tribute to start the season. He’s a snowflake who refuses to hear anyone’s argument, while calling out all the “commies”, and declaring the board should be free from politics.

People can have differing opinions on issues, but don’t present your opinion and then scream no politics when someone disagrees.

The site may be back, but I’m done at OH. Not that I posted much there anymore.
  • You Play to Win the Game, JeremyStrain, BSLMikeLowe and 9 others like this

#24 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,559 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 28 August 2020 - 06:37 AM

He made that threat earlier when they did the Black Lives Matter tribute to start the season. He’s a snowflake who refuses to hear anyone’s argument, while calling out all the “commies”, and declaring the board should be free from politics.

People can have differing opinions on issues, but don’t present your opinion and then scream no politics when someone disagrees.

Glad to see you here!

#25 ChaosLex

ChaosLex

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 28 August 2020 - 06:58 AM

Hopefully you guys won't be. Come to BSL.

Uh... I’ve never left. LOL
  • BSLChrisStoner and JeremyStrain like this
@ChaosLex

#26 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 August 2020 - 07:04 AM

Welcome!

#27 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 28 August 2020 - 07:42 AM

What's up waroriole!?

<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#28 russsnyder

russsnyder

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 28 August 2020 - 07:53 AM

I may be the only one here who'll say it, but I sympathize with Tony's viewpoint. This rush to judgment from people untrained on threats to police .... I've grown tired of it. I want my sports to be refuge from it.

I'm disappointed in MLB sticking it in my face that I must be racist when I don't agree with narrative that the "seven shots in the back" automatically equates into police misconduct. Because I don't. Perhaps since they don't have to play when they don't feel like it, MLB ought to give me back my mlb.tv subscription money.

If nothing else, MLB should credit you for the day lost to the boycott.

IMO, you have every right to feel this way about the MLB boycott. 

Also, those that want a rush to press charges in these open cases should hit the brakes a bit and let the process         play out.

I believe the rush to press charges without a more thorough investigation contributed to the lack of any conviction in   the Freddy Gray case.

<p>"F IT!, Let's hit." Ted Williams

#29 weird-O

weird-O

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,210 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 28 August 2020 - 07:55 AM

I guess this is just me piling on, but OH has always seemed like it was run by a crime boss with a gang of thugs, who went out of their way to impose their position on their members. They handed out suspensions and bans, like a grocery store hands out coupons. 

• You Play to Win the Game, BobPhelan, NewMarketSean and 2 others like this

Good news! I saw a dog today.

#30 Sanfran327

Sanfran327
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 August 2020 - 07:55 AM

Tony has always been the guy that will take his ball and go home when someone disagrees with him. Running a message board for one of the worst organizations in MLB is the the least amount of power I've ever seen go to someone's head. 

• You Play to Win the Game, The Epic, BobPhelan and 4 others like this

#31 Grindelwald

Grindelwald
  • Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 28 August 2020 - 08:05 AM

I thought the no politics rule was a good one, maybe the best, it’s just a shame Tony didn’t follow it. lol
  • BobPhelan, Mike B and russsnyder like this

#32 ChaosLex

ChaosLex

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 28 August 2020 - 08:16 AM

Tony has always been the guy that will take his ball and go home when someone disagrees with him. Running a message board for one of the worst organizations in MLB is the the least amount of power I've ever seen go to someone's head.

My issue with Tony, believe it or not, goes back to Dana Eveland. LOL

I can’t remember if it was MacPhail or Duquette (nor do I care enough to look it up), but he chided everyone who thought bringing him in was a lackluster idea. To the point, there was actually a poll posted on OH and he called out everyone (actually posting their usernames) who thought it was a shite idea. He was so prepared to rub the Eveland acquisition in everyone’s face, saying none of us knew crap. When Eveland predictably fell flat on his face, not a word was ever said byTony (or anyone else) on the matter. It’s like it never even happened. I’m a big accountability person, so that’s something that always stuck in my craw.

This is the last I’ll say on the topic though as I’m sure Stoner doesn’t want us piling on. I’ll just wish anyone else coming over a warm welcome. :-)
  • The Epic and Sanfran327 like this
@ChaosLex

#33 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,012 posts

Posted 28 August 2020 - 08:22 AM

This is the last I’ll say on the topic though as I’m sure Stoner doesn’t want us piling on. 

There were plenty of people who loved OH, and I'm sure are sad this morning. 

All I can do is open our doors and tell all that you/they are welcomed here. 

Let's just start fresh. 

• glenn__davis, DuffMan, tennOsfan and 1 other like this

#34 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,012 posts

Posted 28 August 2020 - 08:34 AM

For those that are unfamiliar with us... you can learn more here... 

About section: 

https://baltimorespo...e.com/about-us/

Obviously you are here on our message board.... 

Our Main page can be found here:
https://baltimoresportsandlife.com/

#35 Sanfran327

Sanfran327
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 August 2020 - 08:43 AM

I can’t remember if it was MacPhail or Duquette (nor do I care enough to look it up), but he chided everyone who thought bringing him in was a lackluster idea. To the point, there was actually a poll posted on OH and he called out everyone (actually posting their usernames) who thought it was a shite idea. He was so prepared to rub the Eveland acquisition in everyone’s face, saying none of us knew crap. When Eveland predictably fell flat on his face, not a word was ever said byTony (or anyone else) on the matter. It’s like it never even happened. I’m a big accountability person, so that’s something that always stuck in my craw.

This is the last I’ll say on the topic though as I’m sure Stoner doesn’t want us piling on. I’ll just wish anyone else coming over a warm welcome. :smile:

That's pretty much everything you need to know about him. But imagine the blow-back there would have been had someone called him out. The tantrum would have been... dramatic.

#36 dorfmac

dorfmac
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 August 2020 - 08:50 AM

That's pretty much everything you need to know about him. But imagine the blow-back there would have been had someone called him out. The tantrum would have been... dramatic.

New here, and already like what I'm seeing across this message board more than most of the other places I have been. The tantrum is, in fact, (over) dramatic. My final post on the site did just this and resulted in my banning, with a brief but over-the-top message. Glad I saw one of Stoner's tweets inviting converts, and I look forward to engaging with what hopefully is a more compassionate crowd over here.

• tennOsfan, weird-O and russsnyder like this

#37 weird-O

weird-O

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,210 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 28 August 2020 - 08:54 AM

:D :D :D

Good news! I saw a dog today.

#38 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 28 August 2020 - 09:16 AM

New here, and already like what I'm seeing across this message board more than most of the other places I have been. The tantrum is, in fact, (over) dramatic. My final post on the site did just this and resulted in my banning, with a brief but over-the-top message. Glad I saw one of Stoner's tweets inviting converts, and I look forward to engaging with what hopefully is a more compassionate crowd over here.

You aren't alone. A huge chunk of us left there years ago in the same kind of fashion. Wasn't a shut the site down experience, but an incident about loyalty and foxholes and a bunch of us took exception and left permanently. Others stayed in both places but started splitting time. Then we picked up people from their own experiences over there. Most recently when the Sun Boards went down we picked up another group, and here we are.

We have our own moments over here...a lot of them stem from some of us posting together for like 10-15 years now. But you'll probably find things over here are a little more quality over quantity.

• RavenChamp and dorfmac like this
@JeremyMStrain

#39 Ruzious

Ruzious
  • Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 28 August 2020 - 09:19 AM

This is the last I’ll say on the topic though as I’m sure Stoner doesn’t want us piling on. I’ll just wish anyone else coming over a warm welcome. :smile:

I think i'll stay here - as long as I'm given a Members Jacket and get to use the Executive Washroom.  

• BSLChrisStoner, mweb08, BobPhelan and 1 other like this

#40 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,559 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 28 August 2020 - 09:20 AM

I think i'll stay here - as long as I'm given a Members Jacket and get to use the Executive Washroom.

Jacket is in the mail, welcome Ruzious!
  • Ruzious likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=