#41 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,342 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 30 July 2019 - 06:59 PM

Locksley just snagged a commitment from 3-star WR Deajuan McDougle (Deerfield Beach, FL). He's currently ranked as the 65th-best wideout in the country and chose Maryland over offers from Alabama, Florida, Georgia, LSU, Miami (FL), Michigan, Ohio State, Oklahoma, and Penn State, among many others.

Maryland currently has the #38 class in the country, #9 in the Big Ten.

https://247sports.co...ougle-45572389/

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@BSLZackKiesel

#42 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,130 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 01:25 PM

IMS: Breaking: Terps Nab Commitment Hour Before Kickoff
https://247sports.co...rylandTerrapins

3 start DT Jerzhan Newton.

#43 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,342 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 18 September 2019 - 09:11 AM

3-star DT Tre Smith (Frostburg, MD) committed to Maryland earlier this morning. He likely fits in as a 3-technique in Jon Hoke's 3-4 scheme and was primarily recruited by defensive line coach Delbert Cowsette. He chose the Terps over offers from Kent State, Old Dominion, Temple, and a handful of FCS schools.

https://247sports.co...Smith-46082561/

Maryland currently has the #37 class in the country, #9 in the Big Ten.

@BSLZackKiesel

#44 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,342 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 20 September 2019 - 10:57 AM

3 star DE Jordan Mitchell commits...  & 3 star LB Ruben Hyppolite

Testudo Times:
https://www.testudot...NSkZIHNutYbxWxc

https://www.testudot...me-maryland-day

Mitchell has de-committed and re-opened his recruitment.

@BSLZackKiesel

#45 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,342 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 06 November 2019 - 11:38 AM

Locksley picks up his second commitment in as many days, with 3-star CB Rashad Battle (Fairburn, GA) coming on board. He had other offers from Baylor, Iowa, South Carolina, and West Virginia, among others.

The Terps now have the #32 class in the country, #7 in the Big Ten.

Battle has de-committed and re-opened his recruitment.

@BSLZackKiesel

#46 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,779 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 11:40 AM

I have no idea why anybody follows college football recruiting.  Every player commits and decommits.  Until signing day they may as well not exist.

#47 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,946 posts

Posted 09 November 2019 - 01:59 PM

Welp...

A Maryland recruit, three-star offensive lineman Jordan White from nearby DeMatha HS, announces his de-commitment *during* a game

#48 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,435 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 09 November 2019 - 08:28 PM

Here's his tweet.

With all do [sic] respect to whom it may concern, my family and I believe that it is in my best interest to Open Up My Recruitment Process and Decommit from The University of Maryland to make sure that I am making the best decision for myself and my future. No further questions please

I'm sure he was in no way influenced by how well-coached the Terp OL looked today. I mean, that unit has NFL written all over it.

And does "no further questions" also encompass asking him what grade he earned in his HS English class?

#49 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,342 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 14 November 2019 - 08:23 AM

Sounds like Maryland's coaching staff believes White de-committed due to Gus Johnson's insinuation on the FOX broadcast that they had something to do with Chase Young's suspension. White and Young know each other of course, both having played for DeMatha.

Of course, Gus had no evidence of this and Ohio State's AD said yesterday that no one in the conference tipped off the NCAA about the violation.

@BSLZackKiesel

#50 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,435 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 01:20 PM

With the season over (for MD, at least) and the early signing period 16 days away, I would think we'll hear much more chatter on this topic. Of course about 95% of it will be just a lot of noise.

They currently have 14 commits, a class that rates 50th (11th in B1G) on 24x7. For reference, last year's class ended up with a total of 18 commits and ranked #47.

I would also imagine transfer portal talk will heat up now too, as for now it doesn't seem like MD is going to be able to fill out a class with just HS recruits.

And transfers cut both ways, so we're sure hear talk about some guys leaving. Don't recall seeing mention of it on here, but WR Sean Savoy, who came from VT with Jackson, left the team. Very curious to see what happens with Johnny Jordan too. With Ellis McKennie out of eligibility, they really need Jordan back.

#51 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,342 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 06 December 2019 - 10:42 PM

5-star WR Rakim Jarrett (currently an LSU commit) posted a picture with Locksley on Twitter during his official visit tonight. He's a local kid (SJC) and the staff has been working him hard for awhile now. Something to keep an eye on as we get close to NSD.

@BSLZackKiesel

#52 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,435 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 09:58 AM

Translation: "I'm spending a weekend hanging with some of my boys up the road, for free. Still can't wait to get down to Baton Rouge and start grinding so we can tear it up again next season....go Tigers!"

#53 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,435 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 08:07 PM

The Terps are first in line to get Tagovailoa.

Full story: They made the first offer to Tua's cousin, Tuli. He's in 8th grade.

#54 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,342 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 07 December 2019 - 11:23 PM

Locksley sent up the bat signal four times tonight. Haven't gotten word on all four, but one of them is JuCo OG Johari Branch (Independence Community College; Independence, KS). He'll be an early enrollee.

@BSLZackKiesel

#55 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,435 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 11:30 PM

Locksley sent up the bat signal four times tonight. Haven't gotten word on all four, but one of them is JuCo OG Johari Branch (Independence Community College; Independence, KS). He'll be an early enrollee.

Sounds like it's all four guys from Independence that were visiting. So at least they will be the best community college team in Maryland next year.

ICC was recently featured on the Netflix show Last Chance U, so the Terps at least have that going for them.

#56 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,342 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 08 December 2019 - 09:50 PM

JuCo DT Ami Finau committed today, also an Independence Community College product. He had other offers from Arizona, Illinois, and Utah State, among others.

3-star ATH Kyjuan Herndon also committed, he's from Jacksonville, FL and will play RB for the Terps. He'll be an early enrollee. He had other offers from Kentucky, Ole Miss, Purdue, UCF, and Virginia Tech, among others.

@BSLZackKiesel

#57 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,342 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 08 December 2019 - 10:30 PM

3-star JuCo LB TJ Kautai commits to Maryland, their third commitment from Independence Community College. He committed to Utah out of high school, went on a two-year Mormon mission, went to ICC, and committed and subsequently decommitted from Texas State before winding up with the Terps. He had other offers from East Carolina, Louisiana Tech, and Marshall.

@BSLZackKiesel

#58 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,342 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 09 December 2019 - 11:50 AM

Maryland's 4th commitment from Independence Community College is 3-star JuCo DL Mosiah Nasili-Kite. He committed to Washington out of high school, but was dismissed from the team this summer due to an unspecified violation of team rules. He has 3 years of eligibility remaining. He'll play one of the defensive end spots in Jon Hoke's 3-4 scheme. He had other offers from Arizona, Oregon State, and Utah State, among others.

So to recap, the Terps have gained 5 commitments this weekend:

• 3-star RB Kyjuan Herndon (Jacksonville, FL)
  • 3-star JuCo OG Johari Branch (Independence, KS)
  • 3-star JuCo DE Mosiah Nasili-Kite (Independence, KS)
  • 3-star JuCo LB TJ Kautai (Independence, KS)
  • Unranked JuCo DT Ami Finau (Independence, KS)

Kudos to Senior Defensive Analyst Brawley Evans, who led the charge on the players from ICC.

With these commitments (pending Finau's ranking), the Terps currently hold the #45 class in the country, #11 in the Big Ten.

@BSLZackKiesel

#59 BSLZackKiesel

BSLZackKiesel

Sr. Terps Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,342 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 09 December 2019 - 02:54 PM

Unranked S Glen Miller commits to Maryland. He's from Orange Park, FL and had other offers from Bowling Green, New Mexico, and Troy, among others.

@BSLZackKiesel

#60 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,435 posts

Posted 09 December 2019 - 05:41 PM

Unranked S Glen Miller commits to Maryland.

The UM band should be very excited about this latest commitment.

• Mackus likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=