Pissis 2
Bergens 7
Ovchinnikoff 6
Bachurin
Leganovic
Flaherty 8
Cordillia 2
Some Observations:
West Nottingham is a highly disciplined team. They ran their motion offense very well. Sulaiman (6’6”), Cordilia (6’9”) and Ovchinnikoff (6’4”) controlled the paint and rebounded well with Sulaiman blocking 3 shots, The Rams guards shoot from the outside well and quick off the dribble to the basket. No weaknesses on this team.
Gilman played about 8 players in the first half. GA’s favorite whipping boy, Missouri, had 8 points in the first half to match Rucker. I was highly disappointed in Drew. He’s very athletic and seems to have a good stroke from three but he rushed many of his attempts and went 2-6 for 6 points. His last miss from three was a 3 on 1 break where he had Rucker and Missouri wide open under the basket and bricked a three lay in the half.

They played 11 players in the first quarter(Rucker, Franks, Smith, Drew, Missouri, Foster, Wilson, Winbourne, Cooper, Hinds, Lane). He shorten the bench in the 2nd quarter. Drew is hurt. He’s basically just a spot up shooter right now.

#82 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 05:23 PM

End of 3rdQ WNA 52 Gilman 41

#83 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 05:53 PM

Final Score WNA 74 Gilman 66

Quick observation: Gilman not ready for prime time. I’ll add more in-depth observations a little later.

#84 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 06:01 PM

Final Score WNA 74 Gilman 66
Quick observation: Gilman not ready for prime time. I’ll add more in-depth observations a little later.

If Drew can’t get healthy, no they’re not. Missouri disappeared in second half. They fouled way too much. West Nottingham is a good team though. They have athletes, they’re tall and they can shoot the lights out.

Coach needs to shorten the bench a bunch. Rucker, Missouri, Drew, Foster, Cooper, Winbourne and Lane should be playing the significant minutes. Still think they can be Top 4 in the league, if they coach gets the rotation right and Drew can give them a little more. If he’s going to be a spot up shooter, he needs to knock down those open looks.

#85 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 06:22 PM

If Drew can’t get healthy, no they’re not. Missouri disappeared in second half. They fouled way too much. West Nottingham is a good team though. They have athletes, they’re tall and they can shoot the lights out.

Coach needs to shorten the bench a bunch. Rucker, Missouri, Drew, Foster, Cooper, Winbourne and Lane should be playing the significant minutes. Still think they can be Top 4 in the league, if they coach gets the rotation right and Drew can give them a little more. If he’s going to be a spot up shooter, he needs to knock down those open looks.

Drew didn’t limp or have any braces or wraps on any extremity.

#86 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 07:46 PM

Drew didn’t limp or have any braces or wraps on any extremity.

He took the sleeve off he had on against Prep. I was told that he had surgery last year when he sat out and somehow reinjured it while playing Volleyball.

#87 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 08:43 PM

MSJ got smashed by Gonzaga 76-36!!! SFA lost to PVI 67-58. Bad day for Bmore basketball.

#88 Oldtime

Oldtime
  • Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 10:02 PM

I know only what I’m told these days. I don’t dine much either. You should just stick to worrying about the welfare of the boys in your county. Heard there’s some serious deviants in your neck of the woods!!

Unfortunately MOCO isn’t like your blue bloods, we can’t just get rid of troubled kids. 3 of the 5 kids were new to Dmass because they had been removed from their previous schools. MCPS has some real trouble coming in Civil suits once these cases are prosecuted.

#89 loco09

loco09
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 11:08 PM

Some scores from around the area today: 

Bishop Walsh 52 G'Town Prep 46

DeMatha 77 Goretti 56

Paul VI 67 SFA 58

Gonzaga 76 MSJ 36

Bishop Ireton 61 Loyola 59

Chapelgate 85 Wash. Latin 64

Middleburg Acad 72 Riverdale Baptist 51

Arch Carroll 70 Bullis 65

O'Connell 77 Sidwell 53

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#90 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 11:28 PM

Unfortunately MOCO isn’t like your blue bloods, we can’t just get rid of troubled kids. 3 of the 5 kids were new to Dmass because they had been removed from their previous schools. MCPS has some real trouble coming in Civil suits once these cases are prosecuted.

Birds of a feather flock together. Blame it on the county instead of the culture. #PassingTheBuck

#91 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 11:49 PM

Final observations of West Nottingham vs Gilman: west Nottingham is legit and the real deal! 😉 Cartier Bowman (NJ) was a beast on the break and off the dribble with 17 pts. He dunked on a Gilman player in the 3rd quarter from a standing position with two hands. Only problem was he missed the free throw. Tomiwa Sulaiman finished with 12 pts but could have had over 20 if he finished at the rim better.

My favorite player of the game was Nick Ovchinnikoff who had 12 pts and at least 10 rebounds. He reminded me of a HS version of Drazen Petrovic who could rebound, too. Christian Flaherty rounded out the.Rams in double figures with 10 pts. WNA hit 7-8 free throws in the 4th quarter to keep the game out of range.

Gilman was led by Foster & Jalen Rucker, both with 18 points and Drew who finished with 10 (2 in the 2nd half). Missouri only scored 1 pt in the 2nd hald after scoring 8 in the 1st half. Over all, Gilman’s coach played a lot of guys. WNA did the same but their players are much more skilled. Gilman played an exciting game but they showed they may not finish in the top 4 in the MIAA. Lol!

#92 Oldtime

Oldtime
  • Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 11:58 PM

Birds of a feather flock together. Blame it on the county instead of the culture. #PassingTheBuck

You buying the tradition line? Small town, someone can’t take a shat without the whole town knowing. Look at the States Attorney comments.

#93 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 12:06 AM

You buying the tradition line? Small town, someone can’t take a shat without the whole town knowing. Look at the States Attorney comments.

Yep! Small towns have all kinds of secrets that they keep from outsiders. This secret was so heinous someone felt compelled to let the cat out of the bag.

#94 loco09

loco09
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 12:08 AM

Guys this is the basketball thread can that conversation go somewhere else. Thanks
  • JeremyStrain likes this

#95 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 12:13 AM

Final observations of West Nottingham vs Gilman: west Nottingham is legit and the real deal! Cartier Bowman (NJ) was a beast on the break and off the dribble with 17 pts. He dunked on a Gilman player in the 3rd quarter from a standing position with two hands. Only problem was he missed the free throw. Tomiwa Sulaiman finished with 12 pts but could have had over 20 if he finished at the rim better.
My favorite player of the game was Nick Ovchinnikoff who had 12 pts and at least 10 rebounds. He reminded me of a HS version of Drazen Petrovic who could rebound, too. Christian Flaherty rounded out the.Rams in double figures with 10 pts. WNA hit 7-8 free throws in the 4th quarter to keep the game out of range.
Gilman was led by Foster & Jalen Rucker, both with 18 points and Drew who finished with 10 (2 in the 2nd half). Missouri only scored 1 pt in the 2nd hald after scoring 8 in the 1st half. Over all, Gilman’s coach played a lot of guys. WNA did the same but their players are much more skilled. Gilman played an exciting game but they showed they may not finish in the top 4 in the MIAA. Lol!

Believe Rucker’s late 3 gave him 20 for the game. I would say that WNA’s big men were more skilled. The game was lost on the boards. The big Russian kid is highly skilled. The Bowman kid had two impressive dunks. But Gilman had the better guards. Jordan Foster has taken the next step, he is legit. Winbourne couldn’t stay in the game because of foul trouble, and that hurt Gilman.

The more I think about it, the more this game makes me believe that Gilman is a Top 4 MIAA team. WNA would definitely be Top 3 in the league. MSJ isn’t as good as they have been. SFA is the clear favorite, and I think by far the best team. McDonogh barely beat Gerstell and Friends!! Friends? CHC, JC and Mt. Carmel are all awful this year. Loyola is about the same as McD. Gilman and BL will be fighting for third and fourth.

#96 Oldtime

Oldtime
  • Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 08:25 AM

Yep! Small towns have all kinds of secrets that they keep from outsiders. This secret was so heinous someone felt compelled to let the cat out of the bag.

You watch way too many movies. The incident happens on Wednesday around 3. By 7 it’s been reported and the police are investigating it. States Attorney has said there is no apparent evidence of any tradition. The Media is the only source for spreading the tradition based on one of the perps stating so, and interviewing one kid that claimed to be on the JV football team as a freshman a couple of years ago. Guess what the kid that claimed he played football, didn’t, small town we all know each other. A great number of former football players have offered to be interviewed by the media to deny the so called tradition, yet the media won’t contact them. This is documented by many twitter posts to the different media personalities covering the story. If it were a tradition, don’t you think it would be like the “me too” tradition?

#97 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 08:38 AM

Guys this is the basketball thread can that conversation go somewhere else. Thanks

It’s the thread I started. Oldtime threw shade at GA. GA & I just threw some shade back on his hometown. You can’t start shat and not expect a clap back.,

#98 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 09:02 AM

Believe Rucker’s late 3 gave him 20 for the game. I would say that WNA’s big men were more skilled. The game was lost on the boards. The big Russian kid is highly skilled. The Bowman kid had two impressive dunks. But Gilman had the better guards. Jordan Foster has taken the next step, he is legit. Winbourne couldn’t stay in the game because of foul trouble, and that hurt Gilman.

The more I think about it, the more this game makes me believe that Gilman is a Top 4 MIAA team. WNA would definitely be Top 3 in the league. MSJ isn’t as good as they have been. SFA is the clear favorite, and I think by far the best team. McDonogh barely beat Gerstell and Friends!! Friends? CHC, JC and Mt. Carmel are all awful this year. Loyola is about the same as McD. Gilman and BL will be fighting for third and fourth.

My boxscore added up in the points department. I could have made a mistake, though. The All-Tournament team included a kid from Concordia Prep, Rucker, Foster, Ovchinnikoff (SG) and the MVP Bergens (PG). So I wouldn’t say Gilman’s guards were more skilled. Every kid out there on the floor for WNA was highly skilled including Jedy Cordilia who reminded me of a clumsy baby giraffe.

Teams with physical forwards and decent guards will give Gilman fits all season. McDonogh’s Curtis Jacobs & Dani Sutton will beast Gilman all over the court and snag every rebound while guards David Brown, Drew Green and FR Everett Cooper match up well with Gilman’s backcourt.

I have SFA, MSJ, BL, McDonogh, Glenelg Country, CHC then Gilman in my revised preseason MIAA rankings. Lol! BTW, what’s the streaming link to Gilman basketball games. I want to follow your boys closely when I can’t make it to a game.

#99 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 02 December 2018 - 09:12 AM

It’s the thread I started. Oldtime threw shade at GA. GA & I just threw some shade back on his hometown. You can’t start shat and not expect a clap back.,

We give you guys a lot of slack around this part of the board, it's your world over here, and that's cool and all, I like skimming through and seeing your convos. I won't be in it as much as you guys are...at least until my girls hit HS in a couple years, but I respect your passion for it.

That being said, try to keep this stuff to a minimum, and this line of thinking (taking shots back at every comment). And this isn't directed just at you, but everyone...I just can't reply to everyone at once :) If you hunt around enough on here in one of the other sections there will be a thread somewhere about stuff like this (like the 4 knuckleheads going to jail), try to keep this area to the sports part and if the convo about the shady actions and scandals is going to happen, go find those threads and jump in them for me?

Just trying to keep the sports stuff on track and the more scandalous topics that tend to skew into politics or hot button issues at least confined to other threads so people don't have to see it if they don't want to.

Thanks guys.

@JeremyMStrain

#100 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 09:27 AM

We give you guys a lot of slack around this part of the board, it's your world over here, and that's cool and all, I like skimming through and seeing your convos. I won't be in it as much as you guys are...at least until my girls hit HS in a couple years, but I respect your passion for it.

That being said, try to keep this stuff to a minimum, and this line of thinking (taking shots back at every comment). And this isn't directed just at you, but everyone...I just can't reply to everyone at once :) If you hunt around enough on here in one of the other sections there will be a thread somewhere about stuff like this (like the 4 knuckleheads going to jail), try to keep this area to the sports part and if the convo about the shady actions and scandals is going to happen, go find those threads and jump in them for me?

Just trying to keep the sports stuff on track and the more scandalous topics that tend to skew into politics or hot button issues at least confined to other threads so people don't have to see it if they don't want to.

Thanks guys.

Two serious question: (1) How many damn moderators are on this board? At least Chis Stoner introduced himself as a moderator of this site. Posts are gonna deviate from time to time but I think we’re doing a good job of growing the HS board for BSL. As you said, a little bit of current events/politics seeps in but the overwhelming majority of this thread is basketball related. Many of us have co-existed for years on the Sun Message Board. We’ll do the same here. (2) Why the micromanagement? We don’t want any hate speech posted here but the 1st Amendment is real. Are you afraid of a lawsuit or someone getting their feelings hurt?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=