GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 10:45 PM

MD HS Hoops Freshmen Phenoms Watch
Carlos Alexander G SFA-6 pts vs John Carroll; 17 pts vs Paul VI
Everett Cooper G McD-10 pts incl game winner vs Gerstell Academy
Antonio Hamlin G MSJ-13 pts in win vs John Carroll; did not score vs Gonzaga
Christian Winbourne G GIL-11 pts vs Georgetown Prep; 2 pts vs West Nottingham Academy
Kai Brooks G City-
Andrew Rheubottom W City-
Samuel Scott G City-
Bryce Lindsey G Poly-
Cameron Whitmore G Spalding-
Preston Howard W McD-

A friend sent this to me. Winbourne is ranked 18th in the country for the Class of 2022. Hamlin is ranked 45th. And the kid from Paul VI who ate into Ace Baldwin, is ranked 105th. You didn’t get to see Winbourne at his best, he was in foul trouble the whole game. But the kid is the real deal. https://www.therunsp...l-mbb-rankings/

#122 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 02:51 AM

VSN’s first Top 20 Poll. Gilman ranked 8th. https://varsitysport...-at-no-1-again/

#123 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 07:00 AM

A friend sent this to me. Winbourne is ranked 18th in the country for the Class of 2022. Hamlin is ranked 45th. And the kid from Paul VI who ate into Ace Baldwin, is ranked 105th. You didn’t get to see Winbourne at his best, he was in foul trouble the whole game. But the kid is the real deal. https://www.therunsp...l-mbb-rankings/

You reference some obscure website from who knows where as it it’s the gospel. As I told you this summer, Antonio Hamlin outplayed Winbourne at the Super 80 Showcase at Randallstown High so much that he was named MVP for the game. Hamlin passed the eyeball test. IMO, Winbourne is good but not as good as Hamlin. See for yourself:

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=jCuSvPYMlE4

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=nFQ2eeUIaD4

#124 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 10:27 AM

You reference some obscure website from who knows where as it it’s the gospel. As I told you this summer, Antonio Hamlin outplayed Winbourne at the Super 80 Showcase at Randallstown High so much that he was named MVP for the game. Hamlin passed the eyeball test. IMO, Winbourne is good but not as good as Hamlin. See for yourself:https://m.youtube.co...h?v=tXbhpK3b6OAhttps://m.youtube.co...h?v=ImRYjhD5ikghttps://m.youtube.co...h?v=jCuSvPYMlE4https://m.youtube.co...h?v=nFQ2eeUIaD4

It actually isn’t obscure. In fact, it was even quoted very recently on ESPN when speaking on the ranking of Lebron James Jr. Believe it’s the premiere ranking service for youth basketball. I think Hamlin is good, very good just don’t think his ceiling is what Winbourne’s is.

#125 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 11:19 AM

The Sun’s Top 15. Gilman is ranked 8th in this one as well. Big game today against 2nd ranked MSJ at their place. Loyola isn’t getting the props I think they deserve, think they’re better than McDonogh. https://www.baltimor...1116-story.html
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#126 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 11:23 AM

Of course you don’t GA? If Roman Hinds was more skilled and came in as a freshman with Jalen Smith, you’d swear that Hinds was better. Hamlin & Winbourne were on different teams that day. Look at the video. The eye test, GA! The eye test! We’ll see when MSJ plays Gilman tonight.
  • bob12345 likes this

#127 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 11:36 AM

Of course you don’t GA? If Roman Hinds was more skilled and came in as a freshman with Jalen Smith, you’d swear that Hinds was better. Hamlin & Winbourne were on differentnteams that day. Look at the video. The eye test, GA! The eye test! We’ll see when MSJ plays Gilman.

I will watch the video, but its an All Star game. I put no real faith in what happens in All Star games!

Hamlin is physically where he will be, he is already built like a senior. I have talked to the dudes that coach both kids, and they say that Winbourne could seriously be special. Better skill set, taller and still growing. They play today.

What? I’ve never mentioned Hinds and Jalen Smith in the same sentence in my life!! Hell, I didn’t even know Hinds name forever. Always called him the Jamaican.

#128 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 02:07 PM

You reference some obscure website from who knows where as it it’s the gospel. As I told you this summer, Antonio Hamlin outplayed Winbourne at the Super 80 Showcase at Randallstown High so much that he was named MVP for the game. Hamlin passed the eyeball test. IMO, Winbourne is good but not as good as Hamlin. See for yourself:https://m.youtube.co...h?v=tXbhpK3b6OAhttps://m.youtube.co...h?v=ImRYjhD5ikghttps://m.youtube.co...h?v=jCuSvPYMlE4https://m.youtube.co...h?v=nFQ2eeUIaD4

Ok, I just watched the whole game. Not sure how you got that Hamlin is better than Winbourne from that game. Was a typical all star game. Hamlin scored a bunch of uncontested layups and one jumper. He’s exactly what I was told, physically just more mature than everybody in his class at guard. He and the Smith kid, who started with him. He looks like a college guard already. Neither he or Winbourne were the most impressive in that game. The most impressive player in that game, was the kid Kai Brooks. That kid was skinny as hell, and can shoot from the hash or drive it. Forgot where he was going to school, but he looks legit. But as I said, it’s an All Star game.

Good to see that Gilman had the most players in the game. The future is really bright for them. Because the Jalen Marshall kid is a baller as well. He looked better than Mcdonogh’s Cooper kid, and Marshall isn’t even on Gilman’s Varsity. And please don’t bring up Preston Howard and basketball. He’s not a basketball player. The Gilman big kid, Charlie Guyton needs to go to big man camp. Kid looks to be about 6’8 and huge, but has really bad footwork right now. He could end up being close to 7 feet. Justin Betts for Gilman, looks to be a very good shooter but he needs work. He needs serious work on his handles. Although he looks to be already around 6’4.

#129 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 08:41 PM

Heard MSJ beat the brakes off of Gilman. Not sure what the final score was, but think they won by 40!! I think they were really mad after that Gonzaga beat down. This Gilman coach isn’t ready for this level of coaching. Gilman of course isn’t on MSJ’s level, but no way should they lose by 40 with this much talent on the team. You can’t play 11 kids in a quarter and a minute in the MIAA. You can’t make play this old school BS, where you play kids minutes because they’re upperclassmen. I’m predicting that they will lose to Loyola was on Friday. Eddie Green needs to coach this team. He’s already the reason why these kids are going to Gilman. It’s time to put a real coach in there.

#130 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 09:52 PM

Heard MSJ beat the brakes off of Gilman. Not sure what the final score was, but think they won by 40!! I think they were really mad after that Gonzaga beat down. This Gilman coach isn’t ready for this level of coaching. Gilman of course isn’t on MSJ’s level, but no way should they lose by 40 with this much talent on the team. You can’t play 11 kids in a quarter and a minute in the MIAA. You can’t make play this old school BS, where you play kids minutes because they’re upperclassmen. I’m predicting that they will lose to Loyola was on Friday. Eddie Green needs to coach this team. He’s already the reason why these kids are going to Gilman. It’s time to put a real coach in there.

Jumping off the bandwagon so soon? If it’s any consolation, CHC was destroyed by Pallotti tonight. I enjoyed watching the Cardinals scrap but they don’t have the horses to compete with the top level league teams. Logan Curtis was scoreless in the first half due to shots not falling but he heated up in the third quarter tallying 15 pts. He finished with 19 pts total.

I see some hope for the future. The varsity has some underclassmen who will team with some very good JV callups next season. Sophomores Russell Ware, Amir Jenkins, and Olu Olanaran impressed me tonight in the varsity game. On the JV side, I saw great potential in Ogbalu, Foxwell, Davalli, Geisinger, Bryce & Downs (first names unknown). It’ll be fun watching the maturation of these players the remainder of the season.

Oh yeah, Pallotti will crush your Greyhounds, too. Get ready for a rain of threes and uncontested layups all night when Gilman gets run out of the gym. Lol!

#131 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 10:08 PM

Jumping off the bandwagon so soon? If it’s any consolation, CHC was destroyed by Pallotti tonight. I enjoyed watching the Cardinals scrap but they don’t have the horses to compete with the top level league teams. Logan Curtis was scoreless in the first half due to shots not falling but he heated up in the third quarter tallying 15 pts. He finished with 19 pts total.
I see some hope for the future. The varsity has some underclassmen who will team with some very good JV callups next season. Sophomores Russell Ware, Amir Jenkins, and Olu Olanaran impressed me tonight in the varsity game. On the JV side, I saw great potential in Ogbalu, Foxwell, Davalli, Geisinger, Bryce & Downs (first names unknown). It’ll be fun watching the maturation of these players the remainder of the season.
Oh yeah, Pallotti will crush your Greyhounds, too. Get ready for a rain of threes and uncontested layups all night when Gilman gets run out of the gym. Lol!

I’m officially off the bandwagon. This coach isn’t ready. Gilman was one of the best teams in the area in the summer and fall leagues when they don’t have the coach involved. Now they get blown off the court by Prep(with lesser talent) and a MSJ team that is weaker than most years. They won’t make the playoffs. If I watch this Loyola game, and this man plays 11 kids in the first half, I will be calling for his resignation.

#132 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 06:52 AM

GA 🗣Nooooooooooooo you already jumped off the bandwagon damn the season just started 🤦🏾‍♂️
  • TheGuru likes this

#133 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:31 AM

GA Nooooooooooooo you already jumped off the bandwagon damn the season just started ‍♂

100%. Done with this coach. Saw enough. They will lose tomorrow to Loyola, who should be ranked. They just beat Glenelg Country yesterday, they have a real coach. I’m going to tell you how the game will go, Gilman will be up by 8 and Coach will take out the whole team and insert a new 5. When the best players actually come back in, Gilman will be down by double digits. Coach doesn’t know to play your best players, regardlesss of their class.

#134 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 07:25 PM

About to watch the Loyola game, Chase Drew isn’t playing and didn’t play against MSJ. Like I told you Guru, Drew was hurt. Decided to sit him down.

#135 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 08:52 PM

Loyola beats Gilman 73-70. So much to say about this game. Gilman won’t beat anybody without Chase Drew, they have absolutely no inside presence. Their guards are outstanding. But a lot of this loss can be put on Rucker. Gilman lead most of the game, game was tied and Foster goes out in middle of the 4th with cramps, Loyola then builds a lead because Rucker tries to do it on his own. Had multiple turnovers, led to Loyola building an 11 point lead. Gilman storms back, led by the Super frosh Winbourne. Had a chance to tie it at the end, Rucker missed the three.

Loyola has made 30 straight free throws, yes you heard it right, THIRTY! Then they miss 5 out of their last 7 to give Gilman life. Rucker led Gilman with 21 and Winbourne had 14.

Loyola is well coached, best shooting team I’ve seen in some time. All 5 positions can hit threes. Free throw line won this game for them.

#136 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 01:06 AM

GA, you watched two mediocre teams. I attended the ARS Rescue Rooter National Hoopfest at DeMatha HS tonight. I saw some exceptional talent take the floor including the #1 ranked player in the country, Anthony Edwards of Holy Spirit HS from the ATL. Edwards was named MVP of the game against Archbishop Carroll HS and according to the PA announcer he finished with what sounded like 48 pts in the win over the Lions. I see why he’s the nations top-rated recruit. Edwards put on a show.

The second game pitted Woodrow Wilson (DC) vs IMG. Wilson started out fast but trailed at the half and eventually lost by 15 or so. WG Dimingus Stevens, PG Jay Heath and the Mitchell twins showed me a lot against the top 5 IMG Ascenders. UNC recruit C Armando Bacot, PG Noah Farrakhan and PF Jeremiah Robinson-Earl stood out for IMG. Robinson-Earl was named MVP of the game after finishing with 22 pts and 15 rebounds.

I watched one quarter of the Sunrise Christian (KS) vs Montverde Prep game before heading home. 6’9” F Precious Achiuwa was impressive for Montverde and Sunrise’s 7’0” C N’daly Dante looked domiinant for the Kansas squad.

I was going to attend the Wilson vs Baltimore Poly tomorrow night at 8pm but I’ll wait till the Tigers come to play SFA on January 5th.

Tomorrow’s local games include:

IAABO Board 23 Challenge @ CCBC-Catonsville

North County vs Catonsville @ 12pm

North Caroline vs C. Milton-Wright @ 2pm

Calvert Hall vs Mervo @ 4pm

Oakland Mills vs Woodlawn @ 6pm

City vs Gerstell Academy @ 8pm

#137 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 03:23 PM

GA, you watched two mediocre teams. I attended the ARS Rescue Rooter National Hoopfest at DeMatha HS tonight. I saw some exceptional talent take the floor including the #1 ranked player in the country, Anthony Edwards of Holy Spirit HS from the ATL. Edwards was named MVP of the game against Archbishop Carroll HS and according to the PA announcer he finished with what sounded like 48 pts in the win over the Lions. I see why he’s the nations top-rated recruit. Edwards put on a show.
The second game pitted Woodrow Wilson (DC) vs IMG. Wilson started out fast but trailed at the half and eventually lost by 15 or so. WG Dimingus Stevens, PG Jay Heath and the Mitchell twins showed me a lot against the top 5 IMG Ascenders. UNC recruit C Armando Bacot, PG Noah Farrakhan and PF Jeremiah Robinson-Earl stood out for IMG. Robinson-Earl was named MVP of the game after finishing with 22 pts and 15 rebounds.
I watched one quarter of the Sunrise Christian (KS) vs Montverde Prep game before heading home. 6’9” F Precious Achiuwa was impressive for Montverde and Sunrise’s 7’0” C N’daly Dante looked domiinant for the Kansas squad.
I was going to attend the Wilson vs Baltimore Poly tomorrow night at 8pm but I’ll wait till the Tigers come to play SFA on January 5th.
Tomorrow’s local games include:
IAABO Board 23 Challenge @ CCBC-Catonsville
North County vs Catonsville @ 12pm
North Caroline vs C. Milton-Wright @ 2pm
Calvert Hall vs Mervo @ 4pm
Oakland Mills vs Woodlawn @ 6pm
City vs Gerstell Academy @ 8pm

I realized something last night, Eddie Green’s son Josh isn’t playing for Gilman(no way would he be on JV) and Green isn’t coaching the Varsity. Where did he go? Josh played with Gilman all summer, was one of their best players. Any idea what happened?

#138 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 11:31 PM

I thought he was on the bench against West Nottingham Prep. I have no clue about Green’s whereabouts.

#139 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 01:13 AM

I thought he was on the bench against West Nottingham Prep. I have no clue about Green’s whereabouts.

Naw, he’s not on the team and the dad isn’t coaching. Must have left.

#140 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 07:44 AM

Naw, he’s not on the team and the dad isn’t coaching. Must have left.

Inwas talking about the coach. Don’t know the player.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=