DeMatha 77 Goretti 56
Paul VI 67 SFA 58
Gonzaga 76 MSJ 36
Bishop Ireton 61 Loyola 59
Chapelgate 85 Wash. Latin 64
Middleburg Acad 72 Riverdale Baptist 51
Arch Carroll 70 Bullis 65
O'Connell 77 Sidwell 53

I’m surprised at the PVI-SFA score. PVI just lost their best player for the season in 5-star G Jeremy Roach. The silver lining is that SFA could possibly meet PVI in the Alhambra. Loyola impressed me with playing Ireton tough. I expected the Dons to lose by double digits. MSJ goes back to the drawing board after their 40 pt blowout loss. The WCAC is king again.

#102 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 02 December 2018 - 10:28 AM

Two serious question: (1) How many damn moderators are on this board? At least Chis Stoner introduced himself as a moderator of this site. Posts are gonna deviate from time to time but I think we’re doing a good job of growing the HS board for BSL. As you said, a little bit of current events/politics seeps in but the overwhelming majority of this thread is basketball related. Many of us have co-existed for years on the Sun Message Board. We’ll do the same here. (2) Why the micromanagement? We don’t want any hate speech posted here but the 1st Amendment is real. Are you afraid of a lawsuit or someone getting their feelings hurt?

About 5 I think. Chris is the owner of the site, not just a mod. The rest of us are more just readers like everyone else, but try to keep an eye out for the few rules we have wherever we end up reading. Not many of us are interested in HS sports though, so we don't wander over here much. I like to browse and see what you guys are talking about from time to time cause it's clear you guys know your stuff.

You guys do bring a ton of volume that wasn't here before. Chris really appreciates that as the owner. The rest of us, in complete honesty, don't care much, we aren't as concerned with the numbers and figures directly as he is. For us, if the numbers are good, then we still have a place to talk sports. If not, then maybe that's at risk, or not..I don't know. I know we weren't in danger of shutting down before you guys, so it's kind of background for us. That's just complete honesty though.

It's not about micro management as much as it's about letting you guys know that it's NOT going to get all wild wild west like the Sun Forums were. We've all read them and know what it was like there. There aren't many rules here, but every once in a while we just wanna remind you guys there there are a couple. If we were micro managing we would have someone dedicated to that whole section and would have stepped in on a few things already.

Listen, like I said, I don't want you feeling like this was an attack or chiding or anything. Everything was really minor and nothing to get all bristled about, I was just reminding you guys BEFORE it got to the part of socio-economic political debate to keep that part out of things. One person already asked to keep it to basketball, and instead of just saying yeah, you're right, you defended it like that's just how it's going to be. But it isn't, not here. I've seen a thread somewhere about that specific incident, feel free to go there and talk about the haves/have nots, small town, MoCo vs Howard, whatever you want to make out of it, trust me I've got lots of opinions on it myself, but that way the convo stays in a particular thread and people that DON'T want to read about it while trying to talk about basketball can ignore it. That's all. Nothing major.

@JeremyMStrain

#103 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 10:37 AM

About 5 I think. Chris is the owner of the site, not just a mod. The rest of us are more just readers like everyone else, but try to keep an eye out for the few rules we have wherever we end up reading. Not many of us are interested in HS sports though, so we don't wander over here much. I like to browse and see what you guys are talking about from time to time cause it's clear you guys know your stuff.

You guys do bring a ton of volume that wasn't here before. Chris really appreciates that as the owner. The rest of us, in complete honesty, don't care much, we aren't as concerned with the numbers and figures directly as he is. For us, if the numbers are good, then we still have a place to talk sports. If not, then maybe that's at risk, or not..I don't know. I know we weren't in danger of shutting down before you guys, so it's kind of background for us. That's just complete honesty though.

It's not about micro management as much as it's about letting you guys know that it's NOT going to get all wild wild west like the Sun Forums were. We've all read them and know what it was like there. There aren't many rules here, but every once in a while we just wanna remind you guys there there are a couple. If we were micro managing we would have someone dedicated to that whole section and would have stepped in on a few things already.

Listen, like I said, I don't want you feeling like this was an attack or chiding or anything. Everything was really minor and nothing to get all bristled about, I was just reminding you guys BEFORE it got to the part of socio-economic political debate to keep that part out of things. One person already asked to keep it to basketball, and instead of just saying yeah, you're right, you defended it like that's just how it's going to be. But it isn't, not here. I've seen a thread somewhere about that specific incident, feel free to go there and talk about the haves/have nots, small town, MoCo vs Howard, whatever you want to make out of it, trust me I've got lots of opinions on it myself, but that way the convo stays in a particular thread and people that DON'T want to read about it while trying to talk about basketball can ignore it. That's all. Nothing major.

Thanks for the explanation. Just like on the SFA football thread and this one, some people are antagonizers and want to incite or initiate arguments with negativity. One was kicked off the board for this blatant prejudice. But we know how things are. The one that starts the fight is usually never the one that is caught throwing a punch. Just remember and admonish accordingly. Continue to be fair, firm and impartial. That got me through 23 years in Public Safety.
  • JeremyStrain likes this

#104 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 02 December 2018 - 10:50 AM

Thanks for the explanation. Just like on the SFA football thread and this one, some people are antagonizers and want to incite or initiate arguments with negativity. One was kicked off the board for this blatant prejudice. But we know how things are. The one that starts the fight is usually never the one that is caught throwing a punch. Just remember and admonish accordingly. Continue to be fair, firm and impartial. That got me through 23 years in Public Safety.

No worries at all, like I said, didn't want you to feel like I was jumping all over something, didn't mean it like that...just a friendly hello and reminder is all.

Yeah we've all had our share of those guys, remember the core of us came from OH before they dropped the paywall, so we've got some experience with excitable people and trolls. That's why I didn't want you to feel like I was singling you out, just had to pick some spot to jump in and say hi.

Don't be afraid, for any of you guys to drop a PM and let us know if people are stirring things up or being annoying if we don't happen to see it. I know Chris browses through here some, and I poke in every few days and see what you guys are talking about, but I'm not MD Private School Mafia (WCAC), the wife was, so I loosely watch it for her alumni sake, and we live in AA now, but down South River way, so we are still learning all the rivalries and what schools are good at what. My kids are still young, but the oldest will be one of the first classes at the new HS in Crofton, and she plays a few sports, so I'm sure I'll be reading more and more the closer we get to that.

@JeremyMStrain

#105 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 10:54 AM

My boxscore added up in the points department. I could have made a mistake, though. The All-Tournament team included a kid from Concordia Prep, Rucker, Foster, Ovchinnikoff (SG) and the MVP Bergens (PG). So I wouldn’t say Gilman’s guards were more skilled. Every kid out there on the floor for WNA was highly skilled including Jedy Cordilia who reminded me of a clumsy baby giraffe.
Teams with physical forwards and decent guards will give Gilman fits all season. McDonogh’s Curtis Jacobs & Dani Sutton will beast Gilman all over the court and snag every rebound while guards David Brown, Drew Green and FR Everett Cooper match up well with Gilman’s backcourt.
I have SFA, MSJ, BL, McDonogh, Glenelg Country, CHC then Gilman in my revised preseason MIAA rankings. Lol! BTW, what’s the streaming link to Gilman basketball games. I want to follow your boys closely when I can’t make it to a game.

You can’t seriously think CHC will beat Gilman. Gilman wins by 15 or more. I forgot about Glenelg Country, have to see about them. I do worry a little about Gilman’s rebounding against McD, but barely beating Friends tells me all I need to know. You’re sold on this Cooper kid, he definitely isn’t on the level of Winbourne and he and Green aren’t better than Rucker and Foster. The link to Gilman games is greyhoundtv.org.

Gilman plays MSJ on Wednesday and Loyola at home on Friday. We will see where they stand then.

#106 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 11:27 AM

I’m surprised at the PVI-SFA score. PVI just lost their best player for the season in 5-star G Jeremy Roach. The silver lining is that SFA could possibly meet PVI in the Alhambra. Loyola impressed me with playing Ireton tough. I expected the Dons to lose by double digits. MSJ goes back to the drawing board after their 40 pt blowout loss. The WCAC is king again.

Not only did PVI not have Roach, they lost two of their best players during the games, Anthony Harris and their second best player after Roach, Trevor Kneels. Knew someone that were at the games, said that PVI has a ninth grade guard, Dug McDaniel, that is SPECIAL!! Said he ate Ace Baldwin up!!

#107 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 02:02 PM

You can’t seriously think CHC will beat Gilman. Gilman wins by 15 or more. I forgot about Glenelg Country, have to see about them. I do worry a little about Gilman’s rebounding against McD, but barely beating Friends tells me all I need to know. You’re sold on this Cooper kid, he definitely isn’t on the level of Winbourne and he and Green aren’t better than Rucker and Foster. The link to Gilman games is greyhoundtv.org.

Gilman plays MSJ on Wednesday and Loyola at home on Friday. We will see where they stand then.

I’m just pulling your chain, Dawg! Gilman has more horses than CHC but CHC has the best player (Logan Curtis) and a better coach. CHC has a chance. I think you will definitely lose to MSJ and could possibly lose to Loyola. I’ll be 👀.

#108 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 07:12 PM

Baltimore area teams got a boot 🥾 put to that azz this weekend

#109 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 07:35 PM

Everett Cooper G McD-10 pts incl game winner vs Gerstell Academy

Antonio Hamlin G MSJ-13 pts in win vs John Carroll; did not score vs Gonzaga

Christian Winbourne G GIL-11 pts vs Georgetown Prep; 2 pts vs West Nottingham Academy

Kai Brooks G City-

Andrew Rheubottom W City-

Samuel Scott G City-

Bryce Lindsey G Poly-

Cameron Whitmore G Spalding-

Preston Howard W McD-

#110 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 10:43 AM

PressBox: 2018-19 High School Basketball Preview

#111 loco09

loco09
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 11:46 AM

Not much of preview...

#112 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 07:17 PM

Boys basketball Top 5 Countdown: No. 5 Dulaney

Boys basketball Top 5 Countdown: No. 4 Patterson

Boys basketball Top 5 Countdown: No. 3 Mount Saint Joseph

Boys basketball Top 5 Countdown: No. 2 Poly

#113 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 07:40 PM

Boys basketball Top 5 Countdown: No. 5 Dulaney
Boys basketball Top 5 Countdown: No. 4 Patterson
Boys basketball Top 5 Countdown: No. 3 Mount Saint Joseph
Boys basketball Top 5 Countdown: No. 2 Poly

Seems familiar.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#114 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 11:31 PM

Picking Patterson to make big noise the addition of Willis is big

#115 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 12:45 PM

I’m just pulling your chain, Dawg! Gilman has more horses than CHC but CHC has the best player (Logan Curtis) and a better coach. CHC has a chance. I think you will definitely lose to MSJ and could possibly lose to Loyola. I’ll be .

Logan Curtis isn’t better than Jalen Rucker. He is better from deep, but doesn’t finish at the rim better, pass or handle the rock better. I’m interested in this Loyola team, they might be better than normal.

#116 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 12:47 PM

https://www.baltimor...8-19-story.html
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#117 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 12:58 PM

Logan Curtis isn’t better than Jalen Rucker. He is better from deep, but doesn’t finish at the rim better, pass or handle the rock better. I’m interested in this Loyola team, they might be better than normal.

You’re correct, Curtis is a better shooter and at 3-4 inches taller, Curtis is a better rebounder, defender and shot blocker. He’d post Rucker up and abuse him all day. They have two different games but Curtis is the more complete ballplayer. IMO, Rucker isn’t even Gilman’s best player. That honor goes to JR G Jordan Foster. That kid is a human microwave. He heats up fast and scores in bunches. Is he Tyler Foster’s younger brother?

#118 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 01:20 PM

You’re correct, Curtis is a better shooter and at 3-4 inches taller, Curtis is a better rebounder, defender and shot blocker. He’d post Rucker up and abuse him all day. They have two different games but Curtis is the more complete ballplayer. IMO, Rucker isn’t even Gilman’s best player. That honor goes to JR G Jordan Foster. That kid is a human microwave. He heats up fast and scores in bunches. Is he Tyler Foster’s younger brother?

Yes, he’s Tyler’s little brother. I actually agree with you in a way, I think Jordan is Gilman’s most talented player. Sick athlete, very explosive(another kid who quit football). If Foster can get any kind of a consistent jumper, the sky is the limit. He can get to the rim at will. Also a very good defensive player, and probably their best rebounder at around 6’2. Rucker is still their best player though. He just knows how to score, and play in general. He’s also super competitive.

Foster will be guarding Curtis, not Rucker.

#119 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 02:26 PM

Foster will be guarding Curtis, not Rucker.

I know that. I was referencing Curtis abusing Rucker one on one. I hope to see Rucker have to switch onto Curtis during their upcoming games. Then you’ll see what I’m talking about. The Gilman roster has Foster listed as 6’4 and Rucker at 6’0”. Both listings seem generous. Curtis, by the way, looks like he grew at least another inch to about 6’4”.

#120 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 04:45 PM

I know that. I was referencing Curtis abusing Rucker one on one. I hope to see Rucker have to switch onto Curtis during their upcoming games. Then you’ll see what I’m talking about. The Gilman roster has Foster listed as 6’4 and Rucker at 6’0”. Both listings seem generous. Curtis, by the way, looks like he grew at least another inch to about 6’4”.

Yeah, no way either of them are that tall. Rucker is 5’10 and Foster 6’2. Curtis is legit, probably about 20 years old now though, lol!! Just joking, kid can shoot the lights out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=