2018-19 Baltimore & D.C. Metro Areas Basketball Thread

• Please log in to reply
453 replies to this topic

#41 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 02:04 PM

Calvert Hall has always had poor seasons here and there before and always returned to relevancy. Bauersfeld and the experience kids had playing for him lately ran off some talented players in Lewis, McNeil and Tilghman. I don’t know if the new coach and his assistants have any relationships with Teams Melo, Thrill or BBC. CHC may be in for a long rebuild if not.

Basketball is more important than football in having a local coach/recruiter. CHC made a huge mistake in their new hire.

#42 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 03:54 PM

Logan Curtis had 20 of the 31 for CHC

They need help badly. I’ll have to wait until I see them again to see if Amir Jenkins is playing this season. He would definitely help Curtis.

#43 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 03:56 PM

Basketball is more important than football in having a local coach/recruiter. CHC made a huge mistake in their new hire.

He has three brothas on his coaching staff if you know what I mean. I’m thinking they are local.

#44 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 06:29 PM

He has three brothas on his coaching staff if you know what I mean. I’m thinking they are local.

Hopefully they will bring some kids back to the fold. Its great to see a kid like Logan Curtis show loyalty.

On another note, we will see how good my Hounds are, when they travel down 95 to face Prep tomorrow. Prep blew the doors off of a Sprinbrook team, that was actually pretty good last year. We will see if this coach has grown. If he does that old Gilman BS of playing kids because they’re upperclassmen, Gilman will get beat easily. If he plays the best players, Gilman will be right in this game.

#45 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 07:49 PM

Saw that McDonogh barely beat Friends yesterday, 56-50. Friends?

#46 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 06:20 PM

Watching the Gilman stream against Prep, I’m already done with Gilman coach and the game hasn’t started yet!!! He’s not starting Chase Drew. He better be hurt.

#47 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 06:34 PM

16-13 GP after 1 quarter. Drew is playing but definitely looks to be injured. Has a wrap around his leg. GP has some serious athletes, two different kids with monster dunks. And has a kid hitting threes from 30 feet.

And Gilman coach already doing that BULL, already has played 11 players!!!

#48 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 06:58 PM

36-22 GP at the half. This Gilman coach isn’t ready for the big time! How do you play 11 players by the start of the second quarter? Never seen anything like it. Then he sits Rucker from the last minute of the 1st until half way through the second! GP is solid, nothing special. Great shooter and some athletes, but Gilman has more talent. Doesn’t help that they’re getting the traditional DC area home cooking from the refs.

That being said, Chase Drew does not look good. I think he’s hurt pretty bad. He can barely move, looks like a robot. Looks nothing like he did at Dulaney. If he’s not going to be healthy, and this Gilman coach keeps thinking he’s coaching pee wee basketball, where every kid must play, they won’t make the MIAA playoffs.

#49 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 07:21 PM

Yeah it’s official, Drew is hurt really bad. He had a wide open layup and went up and literally couldn’t get an inch off the floor and missed the layup. Even with the injury, he had 8 points in the quarter. Score is 56-38. GP hit about 7 threes in the quarter. They’re solid all around. No real weak spot. They do have a special guard in Zion Russell.

#50 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 07:24 PM

Welcome back GA

#51 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 07:46 PM

Final score 76-60 GP. My final takes, this coach needs a lot of work. He finally decides to play the Super Frosh Christian Winbourne the whole fourth quarter, he scored 11 points easily in the quarter. Why is this kid not starting? They started a senior kid, Kai Wilson, he just isn’t that good. Winbourne is special. Rucker had a really bad game, only 12 points. All but 2 coming at the free throw line. Drew led Gilman with 15 points. Maybe I’m missing something, but I don’t see high D1 in Malik Missouri. He has these offers, he had 4 points.

It’s the first game, but Gilman needs a lot of work. Mostly from the coaching stand point. Drew has to get healthy. He could barely move and still had 15 points and only played half the game. Winbourne has to start, as does Drew. Even a 70% Drew is better than the Jamaican kid.

#52 loco09

loco09
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 08:05 PM

Thanks for the updates GA, Bishop Walsh plays Gtown Prep on Saturday so I'll be anxious to see how that one plays out

#53 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 08:28 PM

Thanks for the updates GA, Bishop Walsh plays Gtown Prep on Saturday so I'll be anxious to see how that one plays out

No problem. Walsh should probably handle them. GP is real solid, no real weak points. Also very well coached. And unlike Gilman’s coach, used an 8 man rotation for the entire game.

#54 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 09:10 PM

GA not football but good to see you in the mix again

#55 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 10:03 PM

GA not football but good to see you in the mix again

Lol, thanks. If Gilman’s coach keep coaching like he did today, I will be even more pissed than football season.

#56 loco09

loco09
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 09:21 AM

Goretti beat Loyola 64-56 at Loyola on Wednesday. Gaels are off to a 5-0 start and 2-0 in the BCL, big game against DeMatha on Saturday.

#57 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 10:48 AM

Lol, thanks. If Gilman’s coach keep coaching like he did today, I will be even more pissed than football season.

That would be music to my ears. Lol! I’m sorry that you didn’t get that big season affirming win that you were seeking. Wait a minute. No I’m not! Lmao! CHC will more than likely have a poor season, but I have some hope at least when they play Gilman.

#58 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 10:49 AM

Final score 76-60 GP. My final takes, this coach needs a lot of work. He finally decides to play the Super Frosh Christian Winbourne the whole fourth quarter, he scored 11 points easily in the quarter. Why is this kid not starting? They started a senior kid, Kai Wilson, he just isn’t that good. Winbourne is special. Rucker had a really bad game, only 12 points. All but 2 coming at the free throw line. Drew led Gilman with 15 points. Maybe I’m missing something, but I don’t see high D1 in Malik Missouri. He has these offers, he had 4 points.

It’s the first game, but Gilman needs a lot of work. Mostly from the coaching stand point. Drew has to get healthy. He could barely move and still had 15 points and only played half the game. Winbourne has to start, as does Drew. Even a 70% Drew is better than the Jamaican kid.

Winbourne scores those points against subs and you know it.

#59 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 10:57 AM

Winbourne scores those points against subs and you know it.

It wasn’t against subs. He played the whole quarter. I mean he played before the fourth, he was the first kid off the bench. Came in before Chase Drew actually. But, Gilman’s coach literally just kept bringing kids in and out. In the fourth, he just went off. And he did it against GP’s stud Zion Russell. Who never left the game, played the entire game.

#60 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 11:22 AM

It wasn’t against subs. He played the whole quarter. I mean he played before the fourth, he was the first kid off the bench. Came in before Chase Drew actually. But, Gilman’s coach literally just kept bringing kids in and out. In the fourth, he just went off. And he did it against GP’s stud Zion Russell. Who never left the game, played the entire game.

I was just messing with you GA. Btw, Antonio Hamlin had 13 points in MSJ’s BCL opener against John Carroll.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=