2018 MIAA

• Please log in to reply
247 replies to this topic

#101 BCFan

BCFan
  • Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 10:52 AM

I know, Donald isn’t that type of dude. So, whatever happened must have really pissed him off!

Russell is as pompous as they come. DD has probably had enough of their money controls football BS.

#102 BCFan

BCFan
  • Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 11:00 AM

This CHC team isn’t anywhere near as good as either of those teams. The league is just totally waterless down. The Tucker kid and the D line kid are the only two kids in this team that could ever see time on either of those teams. Don’t know what WR the poster is talking about that could lay D1. Hope he isn’t talking about the lacrosse kid. He isn’t a D1 WR.

Have to disagree with league being watered down. McD is a little down this year but other 3 teams are very strong. Gilman and Loyola are really bad. I do believe the weather helped CHC a bit. If MSJ has clear night to play Spalding and didn’t implode in 2nd half to give up 23 point lead I think MSJ beats CHC 9 out of 10. They were beating CH 21-0 in first quarter and dominated them most of game. CH has a couple D1 level kids but think most are FCS and good D2. McD has best D1 talent in MIAA this year.

#103 MaroonTiger

MaroonTiger
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 11:17 AM

Have to disagree with league being watered down. McD is a little down this year but other 3 teams are very strong. Gilman and Loyola are really bad. I do believe the weather helped CHC a bit. If MSJ has clear night to play Spalding and didn’t implode in 2nd half to give up 23 point lead I think MSJ beats CHC 9 out of 10. They were beating CH 21-0 in first quarter and dominated them most of game. CH has a couple D1 level kids but think most are FCS and good D2. McD has best D1 talent in MIAA this year.

Football is played in the weather. CHC had lost their starting QB the week before they played MSJ with an ACL. It was the first start for the kid. Also, RB left the game 1st Q with a shoulder injury. Tough to win a big game with a soph 1st timer.

The WR will play power five ball. The MIAA has three big time WRs in the 2020 clsss.

#104 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 11:31 AM

Actually the second string kid played the week before MSJ I believe. But I agree it’s tough to over, starting quarterback going down. I was at the game with Calvert Hall. That game was never in doubt. Even with the quarterback I don’t think it would’ve made a difference. The MSJ kids are starting to mature and come into Their own. If they can correct the two meltdowns this season they’re going to be extremely good next year even more so than this year. Wax might be one of the best football players I’ve seen in a long time. He starting to remind me a little bit of Tommy Polley when he played at Dunbar. I watched him completely dominate our Westlake team in the state championship game back in the 90s. I know that’s a hefty comparison

#105 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 11:34 AM

I can confirm I asked the guys I know about it that were at the meeting. They said the same thing. Apparently Donald had had enough. It seems that Russell I think is his name was storming around and screaming like a child throwing a temper tantrum.

#106 BCFan

BCFan
  • Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 11:39 AM

Football is played in the weather. CHC had lost their starting QB the week before they played MSJ with an ACL. It was the first start for the kid. Also, RB left the game 1st Q with a shoulder injury. Tough to win a big game with a soph 1st timer.

The WR will play power five ball. The MIAA has three big time WRs in the 2020 clsss.

Yes it is and MSJ needs to figure that out. Injuries happen on every team and that’s also football. Not sure about where kids will play but WR is way too slow for Power 5 ball but good athlete so might be able to convert him to safety. After watching Rakim Jerret Curtis Jacobs Jalil Farouq and others you can see what power 5 WRs look like and Herbert ain’t on that level. Tucker has shot at Power but he’s small RB do will be tough.

#107 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 11:48 AM

Shoot the MSJ WR has 9 power 5 offers already. Was clocked at a 4.47 on a laser at ND or UVA this summer. That kid blew past CH on deep passes. Respectfully disagree on that point.

But spot on about the meltdowns. Some of that I think is the fact that they are still 15-year-old kids out there playing. Another year than being juniors and seniors instead of three sophomores and juniors. That will help.

Mark my words keep your eye on their defensive end number 43 he’s a freshman 6’3 245 he is going to be a power five kid

#108 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 11:48 AM

Russell is as pompous as they come. DD has probably had enough of their money controls football BS.

I have known Hank since he was a young kid. Good dude, but very passionate. I don’t know him in the sense of dealing with him and the inner workings of the football scene. I can only speak of him as I know him, on a personal level.

#109 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 11:50 AM

Don’t know him personally either that was just what I was told at the game yesterday

#110 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 11:52 AM

You can’t be serious? League was horrible, talent wise this year. Spalding wasn’t very good, MSJ very young, Gilman horrible, Loyola wasn’t in the league, McD was bad, CHC was average. On a normal MIAA year, every one of these teams would have been fighting to even make the playoffs. Very few high caliber players in the whole league this year. MSJ will be very good in the future, and have top level talent. They’re just way too young.

#111 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 11:57 AM

Actually the second string kid played the week before MSJ I believe. But I agree it’s tough to over, starting quarterback going down. I was at the game with Calvert Hall. That game was never in doubt. Even with the quarterback I don’t think it would’ve made a difference. The MSJ kids are starting to mature and come into Their own. If they can correct the two meltdowns this season they’re going to be extremely good next year even more so than this year. Wax might be one of the best football players I’ve seen in a long time. He starting to remind me a little bit of Tommy Polley when he played at Dunbar. I watched him completely dominate our Westlake team in the state championship game back in the 90s. I know that’s a hefty comparison

I like Wax a lot, but there’s been many players in the league in the last decade that were better. He’s no where near Tommy’s caliber. First off, Tommy was 6’5 or so. Much bigger in height and weight. Big time athlete, that could have played D1 basketball. Wax isn’t on the level of a kid like Micah Kiser. I wouldn’t put him on the level of kids like Adrian Amos and Trevor Williams. And let’s not even talk about kids like Cyrus Jones or Darius Jennings. I assume you didn’t watch the league back then. These kids literally won games singlehandely. And this was a time when every school had multiple D1 players.

#112 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 12:14 PM

Yes remember he is only 15 and he is already 6’2 225 pounds. When we played against Tommy Polley he was about 6’4 210 pounds. He was a beast. Totally dominated the game. We didn’t have an answer for him. I’m just going based off what was told to me by a current FBS head football coach if you private message me I can tell you the guys name exactly just don’t want to put him out there.

#113 BCFan

BCFan
  • Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 12:50 PM

Shoot the MSJ WR has 9 power 5 offers already. Was clocked at a 4.47 on a laser at ND or UVA this summer. That kid blew past CH on deep passes. Respectfully disagree on that point.

But spot on about the meltdowns. Some of that I think is the fact that they are still 15-year-old kids out there playing. Another year than being juniors and seniors instead of three sophomores and juniors. That will help.

Mark my words keep your eye on their defensive end number 43 he’s a freshman 6’3 245 he is going to be a power five kid

I was commenting on CHC team based on what I’ve seen. You just proved my point with WR 11 from MSJ. Compare him to Herbert and there’s such a difference in speed. 11 can fly and he’s 6’5” kid. That’s FBS WR. I saw MSJ play 3 times this season and honestly don’t recall 43 but I follow certain kids that I know. I’ll look out for him next season. He may be benefitting from many teams gameplanning against 44 who seems to be MSJs main edge rusher and I know that kid has D1 roots and supposedly is a freak in the weight room. I like Wax a lot and think he is Power 5 material but at LB and not RB. He isnt fast enough to run at next level. He has LB size and hits like a truck. Heard SU offered him as LB. I think MSJ and CH will battle for title next year. MCD losses to much and Spalding had like 24 seniors so I think they will be down as well. Gilman and Loyola are years away from competing again.

#114 oldballcoach

oldballcoach

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 590 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 12:54 PM

I was commenting on CHC team based on what I’ve seen. You just proved my point with WR 11 from MSJ. Compare him to Herbert and there’s such a difference in speed. 11 can fly and he’s 6’5” kid. That’s FBS WR. I saw MSJ play 3 times this season and honestly don’t recall 43 but I follow certain kids that I know. I’ll look out for him next season. He may be benefitting from many teams gameplanning against 44 who seems to be MSJs main edge rusher and I know that kid has D1 roots and supposedly is a freak in the weight room. I like Wax a lot and think he is Power 5 material but at LB and not RB. He isnt fast enough to run at next level. He has LB size and hits like a truck. Heard SU offered him as LB. I think MSJ and CH will battle for title next year. MCD losses to much and Spalding had like 24 seniors so I think they will be down as well. Gilman and Loyola are years away from competing again.

Sorry I miss read you. I actually agree with every point you made. The fact that Wax is only 15 I think he’ll end up being a big inside linebacker. I agreed to I think Calvert Hall and Saint Joe will have some battles the next two years. Yeah 43 came on late in the year. I think part of it could be that but the coaches seem very high on him.

#115 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 01:04 PM

Somebody take these fathers and coaches phones and computers your biasness shows

#116 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 01:07 PM

SF has took their fight to Soc Media again in hignsight of the packed house at Spalding last night also somebody let the Pops of the QB transfer that left Franklin to go to SF he gets the You Big Dummy Award lol

#117 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 01:19 PM

SF has took their fight to Soc Media again in hignsight of the packed house at Spalding last night also somebody let the Pops of the QB transfer that left Franklin to go to SF he gets the You Big Dummy Award lol

Hahaha, that pops comment made me spit my OJ out! Very true.

#118 MaroonTiger

MaroonTiger
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 01:35 PM

They are both FBS WRs. Just diff modes. I’ve been doing this a lot. They all have FBS skill sets. Jacobs, Thornton, Herbert.

#119 MaroonTiger

MaroonTiger
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 01:39 PM

Wax is really good. Best LB in the state. And yes. Better than the LB at SFA

#120 BayWalker

BayWalker
  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 01:42 PM

Wax is really good. Best LB in the state. And yes. Better than the LB at SFA