2018 MIAA

• Please log in to reply
247 replies to this topic

#81 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 07:30 PM

GA, your not from around here anymore. In the Baltimore football community that follows MIAA there are 100s of boys that played their butts off against every team in MIAA. Spalding and CHC boys earned the right to play in Championship. SFA and Board decisions have nothing to do with the real football season. People around here outside of SFA parents and coaches know that CHC vs Spalding is the MIAA Championship. Not one game was an exhibition. They are all legal and countable conference games.

I understand what you’re saying and I hate it for the kids. But this isn’t the MIAA title. It was a bush league this year, absolutely horrible.

#82 BCFan

BCFan
  • Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 07:41 PM

I understand what you’re saying and I hate it for the kids. But this isn’t the MIAA title. It was a bush league this year, absolutely horrible.

They made the best out of bad situation. Based on what I saw this year I actually think MSJ is best team in conference but they clearly can’t play in the rain as both losses were during monsoons. Regardless CHC had a great season and beat a very good Spalding team twice and a strong Wise team. Along with some other good showings. Overall, MIAA was very good conference with lots of talented players throughout. Let’s see what MIAA leadership dies now that there’s plenty of time to work out the details.

#83 MaroonTiger

MaroonTiger
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 08:06 PM

Calvert Hall is the only team in the state to beat two top ten teams. No one else has.

#84 Genius Movement

Genius Movement
  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 08:21 PM

DeMatha beat better teams

#85 BCFan

BCFan
  • Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 08:23 PM

Calvert Hall is the only team in the state to beat two top ten teams. No one else has.

Tough to say on that because there’s like 5 different rankings but CHC looked strong this year.

#86 MaroonTiger

MaroonTiger
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 08:35 PM

Tough to say on that because there’s like 5 different rankings but CHC looked strong this year.

Max preps. The State AP. Sun Varsity. All of them say the same thing.

#87 Stallion77

Stallion77
  • Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 11:25 PM

Call it like I see it been holding off, but listening to this clown is just to much. Want to ban me go ahead but that whole staff is an absolute joke. An to think they’re supposed to be mentors of young men, ya sure.

You have no clue. By the way I'm not hard to find. So if you really have something to say you could always approach me like a man. Ijs you do claim to be a man correct?

#88 Stallion77

Stallion77
  • Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 11:27 PM

Understand and it won’t happen again. I just don’t like it when people put up this fake front in public. Donald is a good friend of mine an for them to pull that shit is a pure punk move.

Punk move = typing tough behind keyboard = you. Lol😂😂😂😂😂

#89 Murphy1

Murphy1
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 04:49 AM

Kudos to DD who CALLED an absolute GREAT game on O last night. I have been critical of his play calling in the past. He mixed the run with pass masterfully and has finally gotten his QB to understand that he can make plays with his legs with confidence. Offensive line for CHC has made a difference down the stretch as well. RB & WR are special and will play at the next level. BEST CH team in a long time. D line best in the area. KICKER D1 as well. Fun to watch.

#90 11ROVER

11ROVER
  • Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 07:47 AM

Kudos to DD who CALLED an absolute GREAT game on O last night. I have been critical of his play calling in the past. He mixed the run with pass masterfully and has finally gotten his QB to understand that he can make plays with his legs with confidence. Offensive line for CHC has made a difference down the stretch as well. RB & WR are special and will play at the next level. BEST CH team in a long time. D line best in the area. KICKER D1 as well. Fun to watch.

And to think CHC lost some key players in last weeks game. Spalding is a very good team great job no doubt.

#91 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 07:57 AM

11...you should go tell them no good dudes how you feel...hating on a social media board is getting old. And use your real name when you confront Big Josh and muscle bound Ben...lol.

lol them cream puffs

#92 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 07:58 AM

Punk move = typing tough behind keyboard = you. Lol😂😂😂😂😂

I don’t agree with 11 statements but Tragic some of its true y’all need the MIAA the other schools don’t need y’all or the league they just showed that

#93 MaroonTiger

MaroonTiger
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 08:40 AM

CH lost the Senior QB early in the season and overcoming that become 11-1 and looking at 12-1 on Thursday. Great coach. Great staff. Kids are a great group. 3 ten win seasons in 10 years. I think only Gilman has done that in the last 10. And the only CH coach to ever do it.

#94 Murphy1

Murphy1
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 08:43 AM

And to think CHC lost some key players in last weeks game. Spalding is a very good team great job no doubt.

Spalding players and sideline uncharacteristically lost composure in 4th quarter drawing several PF's. Never seen a team of Kyle's implode like that. Also thought of him as best X's and O's coach in MIAA......probably still is. One dimensional team however.

#95 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 08:49 AM

Spalding players and sideline uncharacteristically lost composure in 4th quarter drawing several PF's. Never seen a team of Kyle's implode like that. Also thought of him as best X's and O's coach in MIAA......probably still is. One dimensional team however.

True his kids definitely lost their compusure

#96 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 08:51 AM

Great season by the Hall but how soon they forget. IMO, the MIAA’s handling of the SFA boycott will always leave an asterisk by this team’s season record. The Cardinals also have to.play Loyola. CHC should win the 99th Turkey Bowl easily but that result is not a foregone conclusion. Stranger things have happened in the series.

Last, CHC’s 2010 team finished 11-1 and won the MIAA championship. They also finished #1 in the state that year and were acknowledged as such by the General Assembly at the State House in Annapolis. That team had 6 FBS players, four who started for their teams: Adrian Amos & Trevor Williams (Penn State), Will Johnson (Oklahoma) & Tommy Stuart (Boise State). Amos & Williams are currently starters in the NFL for the Chicago Bears and LA Chargers, respectively.

There were at least six FCS players on the 2010 team including a 2nd team All-American at Delaware (Ben Curtis). There were also two D-I college lacrosse All-America picks who started in 2010 at CHC: Garrett Epple (Notre Dame) and Stephen Kelly (UNC). Both currently play professionally for Major League Lacrosse (MLL). Rounding out the 16 standouts on that 2011 team were two DII players at Bowie State: Dan Yarborough and Dominick Sutton.

The 2018 team will go down as a great team in Calvert Hall history with awesome players but their football resumes are still being written. Right now I’d say rate 2010 as better, Good luck to Coach Davis and his young men on Thanksgiving Day.

#97 TheGuru

TheGuru

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 671 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 09:03 AM

At the League meeting yesterday, Gilman made it be known that they were NOT leaving the A conference and Loyola will be forced to come back to the A. So, the VSN article was as wrong as it could get. Also, SFA this week said that they weren’t leaving the league, tensions got so heated that Donald and Hank Russell almost got into a physical altercation(this isn’t a rumor moderator, this happened). Ironically, SFA’s President sent a letter to the league yesterday saying that SFA is going Independent.

Damn, Donald went gangsta on Russell? Wow, the quiet ones are always the ones you need to watch out for. Lol!

#98 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 09:50 AM

Damn, Donald went gangsta on Russell? Wow, the quiet ones are always the ones you need to watch out for. Lol!

I know, Donald isn’t that type of dude. So, whatever happened must have really pissed him off!

#99 GreyhoundAlum

GreyhoundAlum
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 09:55 AM

Great season by the Hall but how soon they forget. IMO, the MIAA’s handling of the SFA boycott will always leave an asterisk by this team’s season record. The Cardinals also have to.play Loyola. CHC should win the 99th Turkey Bowl easily but that result is not a foregone conclusion. Stranger things have happened in the series.
Last, CHC’s 2010 team finished 11-1 and won the MIAA championship. They also finished #1 in the state that year and were acknowledged as such by the General Assembly at the State House in Annapolis. That team had 6 FBS players, four who started for their teams: Adrian Amos & Trevor Williams (Penn State), Will Johnson (Oklahoma) & Tommy Stuart (Boise State). Amos & Williams are currently starters in the NFL for the Chicago Bears and LA Chargers, respectively.
There were at least six FCS players on the 2011 team including a 2nd team All-American at Delaware (Ben Curtis). There were also two D-I college lacrosse All-America picks who started in 2010 at CHC: Garrett Epple (Notre Dame) and Stephen Kelly (UNC). Both currently play professionally for Major League Lacrosse (MLL). Rounding out the 16 standouts on that 2011 team were two DII players at Bowie State: Dan Yarborough and Dominick Sutton.
The 2018 team will go down as a great team in Calvert Hall history with awesome players but their football resumes are still being written. Right now I’d say rate 2010 as better, Good luck to Coach Davis and his young men on Thanksgiving Day.

This CHC team isn’t anywhere near as good as either of those teams. The league is just totally waterless down. The Tucker kid and the D line kid are the only two kids in this team that could ever see time on either of those teams. Don’t know what WR the poster is talking about that could lay D1. Hope he isn’t talking about the lacrosse kid. He isn’t a D1 WR.

#100 Gooch

Gooch

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 741 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 10:11 AM

This CHC team isn’t anywhere near as good as either of those teams. The league is just totally waterless down. The Tucker kid and the D line kid are the only two kids in this team that could ever see time on either of those teams. Don’t know what WR the poster is talking about that could lay D1. Hope he isn’t talking about the lacrosse kid. He isn’t a D1 WR.

I’m a little disappointed in you Guru and GA for responded to that poster those C Hall teams are special in their own way and this years teams get some credit from me because the adversity that the school put those kids under with all the bs but being better those older teams no

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=