#81 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 09 May 2021 - 02:01 PM

Feel like the lack of familiarity definitely helped too. I know he already faced the Mariners this year, but I feel like it was also reasonable to expect his fourth start against the Yankees in his first eight career games to go kind of poorly. Definitely interested to see how he does facing the rest of the West/Central for the first or second time.

Today was Dean Kremer's 10th major league start. Six have been against the Yankees and Red Sox:

vs. NYY/BOS: 23 ER in 26 IP, 7.96 ERA
vs. others: 7 ER in 18.2 IP, 3.38 ERA

she/her

#82 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,831 posts

Posted 15 May 2021 - 10:34 AM

Solid in 3 starts so far this month. Still a believer he can be a legit rotation piece. Hes smart. Seems he has to figure things out as he goes.
  • BobPhelan likes this

#83 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,831 posts

Posted 15 May 2021 - 10:37 AM

Also have to keep in mind he only had 19 AAA innings. Gonna take some patience.
  • BobPhelan likes this

#84 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,559 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 15 May 2021 - 10:40 AM

I’m still a fan. It’ll take some time to hit his ceiling but I think he’ll have a home in our rotation for the foreseeable future.

#85 Il BuonO

Il BuonO

Opposite Field Power

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGeorgetown, TX

Posted 22 May 2021 - 08:34 PM

I’m still a fan. It’ll take some time to hit his ceiling but I think he’ll have a home in our rotation for the foreseeable future.

Still? I had said at the start of the season this was the guy I was most looking forward to watching. Now, he looks shaken out there. I think his stuff will play, but his confidence is waning. Last start he’s walking around the mound shaking his head and talking to himself. Send him back down to work on some things and maybe get some confidence back. Even if he’s not a starter in the future, I’d like it if they could at least get some mileage out of him.

Akin could be plugged in for a couple starts or even bring back Lowther for one. Not that those two are any better, but maybe Kremer can get back on track.

#86 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 May 2021 - 08:43 AM

Still? I had said at the start of the season this was the guy I was most looking forward to watching. Now, he looks shaken out there. I think his stuff will play, but his confidence is waning. Last start he’s walking around the mound shaking his head and talking to himself. Send him back down to work on some things and maybe get some confidence back. Even if he’s not a starter in the future, I’d like it if they could at least get some mileage out of him.

Akin could be plugged in for a couple starts or even bring back Lowther for one. Not that those two are any better, but maybe Kremer can get back on track.

I don’t disagree, but the issue is the names you mentioned as replacements are not ready either.  Lowther is struggling at AAA and Akin can not throw strikes consistently.

IMO, the team did a very poor job putting together a pitching staff that could make it through the season,  i think they have to stick with Kremer, Lopez, Harvey and Zimmerman for awhile.  

@mikeghg

#87 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 26 May 2021 - 10:53 AM

Optioned to Norfolk https://twitter.com/...581247053025282

she/her

#88 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 26 May 2021 - 11:10 AM

Optioned to Norfolk https://twitter.com/...581247053025282

I am not surprised.  Akin, with his 3 decent innings last night takes his place in the rotation.

@mikeghg

#89 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 26 May 2021 - 12:49 PM

Machado trade getting better every day.
@BSLMikeRandall

#90 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 26 May 2021 - 01:06 PM

It was pennies on the dollar when DD made it, so not to far to drop.  I still think Kremer is a big league pitcher, but the time in AAA is not a bad idea.

@mikeghg

#91 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,831 posts

Posted 26 May 2021 - 01:29 PM

DD F'ed up so bad that deadline. Its why I was saying for a year before that I didn't want him being the one to be in charge when we were selling.
  • Mike B and Mike in STL like this

#92 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,831 posts

Posted 26 May 2021 - 01:35 PM

I mean its looking very possible that DD wont have received a single league avg ML player in any of these deals. Shoot, at least Thrift lucked into Mora.

• BaltBird 24 likes this

#93 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,445 posts

Posted 26 May 2021 - 06:15 PM

I mean its looking very possible that DD wont have received a single league avg ML player in any of these deals. Shoot, at least Thrift lucked into Mora.

Machado, Schoop, Gausman, O'Day, and Britton..... and maybe just Tate to show for it.

#94 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 26 May 2021 - 06:17 PM

Machado, Schoop, Gausman, O'Day, and Britton..... and maybe just Tate to show for it.

So sad. That’s a big “maybe” too.
@BSLMikeRandall

#95 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,445 posts

Posted 26 May 2021 - 06:23 PM

So sad. That’s a big “maybe” too.

I honestly can't think of one name we got back for Gausman and O'Day and only Tate for Britton. Diaz, Kremer, Bannon and ? For Manny.

#96 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 26 May 2021 - 06:46 PM

I honestly can't think of one name we got back for Gausman and O'Day and only Tate for Britton. Diaz, Kremer, Bannon and ? For Manny.

Zimmerman came in the O’day/Gausman trade. IIRC it was a salary dump of O’Day.
@BSLMikeRandall

#97 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,559 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 26 May 2021 - 06:53 PM

Breyvic Valera and Zach Pop were also in the deal.

Brett Cumberland came in the Atlanta trade with Bruce Zimmermann as well. We could see him in Baltimore soon.

• Mike B and Il BuonO like this

#98 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,702 posts

Posted 26 May 2021 - 07:19 PM

Zimmerman came in the O’day/Gausman trade. IIRC it was a salary dump of O’Day.

Also got a ton of international bonus pool allocation. Which they then didn't spend. The same process as getting a back half top-10 guy as the main piece and then releasing him for no reason.

I also don't think it changes the above at all that Victor Mesa and Sandy Gaston have both been awful so far. You want more spins of the wheel, not fewer.
  • Mike in STL likes this

#99 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 27 May 2021 - 07:21 AM

Breyvic Valera and Zach Pop were also in the deal.

Brett Cumberland came in the Atlanta trade with Bruce Zimmermann as well. We could see him in Baltimore soon.

And we gave Pop away.  That still stings.  

• BobPhelan likes this
@mikeghg

#100 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,024 posts

Posted 02 June 2021 - 09:49 AM

Dean Kremer started. 4 innings, 2 hits, 2 runs, 1 ER, 2 walks, 7 strikeouts. 62/39.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=