204 replies to this topic

#201 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,087 posts

Posted 14 June 2024 - 03:24 PM

Brandon Hyde said Orioles right-hander Dean Kremer will pitch about four innings in a rehab start for Triple-A Norfolk on Sunday

#202 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,982 posts

Posted 14 June 2024 - 03:30 PM

Nice.  I'd think he could get away with just one start in that case.  Suarez and Irvin continue to confound expectations, so not sure exactly what I'd do with the rotation when he's ready.  I think Suarez or Povich could be pretty useful in the pen as well.  I still trust Kremer more than any of those three, but wouldn't argue with those that put Kremer behind each of them.  If all 3 have good starts again next week before Kremer is activated, I could see letting Kremer pitch twice in the minors.

#203 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,395 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 14 June 2024 - 05:15 PM

Nice.  I'd think he could get away with just one start in that case.  Suarez and Irvin continue to confound expectations, so not sure exactly what I'd do with the rotation when he's ready.  I think Suarez or Povich could be pretty useful in the pen as well.  I still trust Kremer more than any of those three, but wouldn't argue with those that put Kremer behind each of them.  If all 3 have good starts again next week before Kremer is activated, I could see letting Kremer pitch twice in the minors.

Several weeks ago I posted some numbers I saw on Kremer's avg against compared to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd time though the order. It screamed relief pitcher.

#204 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 19,769 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 14 June 2024 - 09:27 PM

Several weeks ago I posted some numbers I saw on Kremer's avg against compared to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd time though the order. It screamed relief pitcher.

His higher K/9 than Suarez and Irvin makes him a better candidate for the pen too I think.

#205 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 157,501 posts

Posted 21 June 2024 - 01:41 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=