Posted 05 July 2021 - 07:48 AM

6/30 Norfolk: 5.2 ip, 7 hits, 4 er, 2 bb's, 9 k's, 1 hr

#102 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 14 February 2022 - 10:29 AM

Balt Sun: Oriole of the Day: Hit hardest of any pitcher, Dean Kremer has chance to get back up in 2022

#103 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 15 February 2022 - 09:28 AM

In a year, where all the rookie starters (with the exception of Zimmerman) totally wet the bed, none were worse that Kremer.  I really thought he was going to be decent last year.

@mikeghg

#104 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,553 posts

Posted 15 February 2022 - 10:16 AM

I expect nothing from him going forward. Anything beyond that will be a positive.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#105 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 15 February 2022 - 11:22 AM

I expect nothing from him going forward. Anything beyond that will be a positive.

That probably is the right way to look at it, but there have been plenty of young pitchers who have crashed and burned, and then gotten better and become good pitchers.  Hopefully one or two of the Oriole young guys fall into that category.

@mikeghg

#106 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 29 March 2022 - 07:31 AM

Balt Sun: Orioles observations on DL Hall hitting 100 mph, a big prospect day and Dean Kremer’s arsenal

I went into camp believing Kremer was ticketed for AAA. That after last year's completely lost season at both the ML and AAA levels, you'd want to see him reestablish himself at AAA and earn his way back.  

Now I'm starting to think he's going to make the ML OD roster. 

#107 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 29 March 2022 - 07:35 AM

Hes 26 and has as much or more experience than any of the other guys. Sink or swim time.

#108 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 29 March 2022 - 07:37 AM

Kremer has to sink or swim

I believe in the ability to help a roster.  He was very competitive in '20.  The fact that there was regression in '21 at the ML level didn't bother me a ton - what did bother me was that it carried over to AAA.  He was just lost.  If he's found himself (and some improved fastball command), great. 

#109 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 29 March 2022 - 07:37 AM

Akin should be in the same boat but if he doesnt break camp its an indictement on him IMO. You have to be able to throw strikes or a manager is not going to want you in the game

#110 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 29 March 2022 - 07:41 AM

I believe in the ability to help a roster.  He was very competitive in '20.  The fact that there was regression in '21 at the ML level didn't bother me a ton - what did bother me was that it carried over to AAA.  He was just lost.  If he's found himself (and some improved fastball command), great. 

I just looked back at the actual numbers...  17 homers allowed in 53.2 innings.  That's crazy. Also 25 bb's. 
Both beyond acceptable regression / 2nd year slump.  And of course '20 was only over 4 ML starts. 

Still, I do think there is talent there. Maybe ultimately only a reliever, but an arm that can help. 

If it's sink or swim time, fine.  Hopefully he has some confidence back, and doesn't drown.  (Maybe the larger leftfield helps him mentally as well.)

#111 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 11 April 2022 - 08:11 AM

MASN: Kremer suffered an oblique injury yesterday

https://www.masnspor...-oblique-injury

“The oblique is tricky,” Hyde said. “I think we’re hoping three to four weeks, but you kind of never know with an oblique and he’s got to build up from there, as well. It’s an unfortunate thing that happened yesterday in the bullpen. Those things happen, but hopefully he’s back within a month or so.”

#112 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,492 posts

Posted 11 April 2022 - 08:31 AM

Of course.

#113 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,553 posts

Posted 11 April 2022 - 08:39 AM

He's chopped liver at this point.

He'll never produce at MLB level but you have to keep going through the motions with him until team control over him expires.

• BaltBird 24 and TwentyThirtyFive like this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#114 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 11 April 2022 - 09:23 AM

He was never good anyway. And they misused him. Remember looking at his statcast stuff last year and he was one of the worst in MLB at opposing hitters barreling up his fastball. Then, his fastball usage went up. Surprising a since Elias in Houston embraced guys pitching backward so their fastball was more effective. Not surprising since the goal here is #1 overall picks.

I guess this nerd cave is too smart to use statcast.
  • BaltBird 24 likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#115 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 11 April 2022 - 09:29 AM

'21 was a disaster, but he was very good in '19 in the Minors, and showed good flashes in the Majors in '20. 

There are legitimate reasons to doubt him as a starter, but also real reasons to believe he could be a contributing member of a staff with some remaining starting upside. 

#116 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 11 April 2022 - 09:38 AM

'21 was a disaster, but he was very good in '19 in the Minors, and showed good flashes in the Majors in '20. 

There are legitimate reasons to doubt him as a starter, but also real reasons to believe he could be a contributing member of a staff with some remaining starting upside. 

Sink or swim and he's already taking on a lot of water.  Really going to depend on how long this oblique keeps him sidelined. May already be sunk. Obviously depends on how some of the other sophomore types and current AAA guys are performing

#117 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,712 posts

Posted 11 April 2022 - 09:49 AM

I suspect he's still got some opportunities left up here.  I simply cannot imagine things going so well for everyone else that there isn't room for him at some point in the coming months.  I can imagine him pitching so poorly in any rehab stint that he can't even seize one of the wide open spaces and gets optioned instead of reinstated, but we'll see.

#118 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,492 posts

Posted 11 April 2022 - 09:55 AM

What a return for one of the best players this franchise has ever produced!

#119 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 11 April 2022 - 10:03 AM

I suspect he's still got some opportunities left up here.  I simply cannot imagine things going so well for everyone else that there isn't room for him at some point in the coming months.  I can imagine him pitching so poorly in any rehab stint that he can't even seize one of the wide open spaces and gets optioned instead of reinstated, but we'll see.

The problem could be this injury can linger or easily reoccur. Agree that if he can get back into a rhythm even by July he should still have a chance. If its another lost year the book may be closed. 

#120 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 15 May 2022 - 06:46 PM

https://twitter.com/...506445151698944

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=