#101 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,728 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:12 AM

I've been so wrapped up in some other stuff going on in my personal life... I've heard a lot of rumblings that Caps fans aren't at all pleased with Shattenkirk yet. Your thoughts?

He's only been in uniform for 6 games, not sure what fans were expecting to this point but no complaints from me.   Granted I didn't see the games on the West coast which means I've only seen him play in a handful of games but he looked fine to me.  I'm sure there's going to be an adjustment but I haven't seen (read) anything that says we should be concerned.  He's been playing 20 minutes a night since he got here, I don't think he would be getting that many minutes if he was struggling (also being used on the #1 pp unit).

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#102 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:45 AM

I've been so wrapped up in some other stuff going on in my personal life... I've heard a lot of rumblings that Caps fans aren't at all pleased with Shattenkirk yet. Your thoughts?

Don't worry, those are those "caps fans" that don't have a clue what they are talking about. They are just seeing a slump, coinciding with his arrival and blaming it on him. It's got a lot more to do with the team taking a week off right when they've been playing their best all season.

He's a good player, and he's been doing well the little his been in there.

I'd much rather have them slump a little bit now than do it in the first round of the playoffs.

@JeremyMStrain

#103 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,728 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:51 AM

Speaking of slumps,  former Caps HC BB seems to be slumping when it comes to properly tying a tie.

bruce-boudreau-tie-607x401.jpg

#104 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,728 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:13 AM

Solid win from the good guys against a Flames team that has been playing really well lately.   Eariler Ricker had asked how Shattenkirk was doing, well if you were able to see him on the PP last night the answer is pretty well.   Scored once on the PP and had a fantastic set up for Ovie's PP goal.

Speaking of Ovie, he had his best game in weeks last night.  All over the ice, getting shots on net (a dozen or so), generating chances, drawing penalties.  Let's hope that he's starting to get on a roll hear heading into the playoffs.

Nick Backstrom, is there a more underrated guy in the NHL?  He's 5th overall in scoring and with 3 more helpers last night he's tied with Conor McDavid for the league lead in that category.  

10 games to go until the playoffs (we clinched already in case you missed that) start.  Having said that the division remains up for grabs.  Caps currently have a one point lead on the Pens and a two point lead against Columbus.  We don't play the Pens anymore in the regular season, but we do have two more against Columbus including tomorrow nights showdown at the phone booth.   Do I think the Caps need to win the division to go on a deep run, no.   Having said that, winning the division will make their path easier.  1st place gets you a matchup in the first round against probably the Leafs, Bolts or maye the Isle.   Finish 2nd or 3rd and you get a 1st round showdown against PIT or CLB then probably playing the other team in the 2nd round.  

• JeremyStrain, Bmore Irish and Dupin like this

#105 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:40 AM

Yeah in the Metro, you want to finish 1st or 4th. That's it. They are going to have to figure out re-seeding this offseason.

@JeremyMStrain

#106 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 12:16 PM

Tonight's the night.  Hopefully the Minnesota fans don't give me crap for wearing my Caps gear.  Could be a Finals preview.

#107 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,728 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 28 March 2017 - 01:02 PM

Tonight's the night.  Hopefully the Minnesota fans don't give me crap for wearing my Caps gear.  Could be a Finals preview.

Not the way the Wild have been playing lately.  Although if they did square off in the finals what would happen in a hypothetical game seven?  BB on one side, Caps on the other, I'm guessing this would cause the formation of a Blackhole and both teams would be swallowed up!

#108 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 07:46 PM

Damit Oshie I was right there if you really wanted to throw down.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#109 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 08:30 PM

Both boring goals by Ovie standards.

#110 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 08:36 PM

That was a bit lucky.

#111 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:24 PM

Hat trick!!!!!!

Who's paying for my playoff tickets, I might be his lucky charm.

• DuffMan likes this

#112 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:29 PM

Negated by the fact that I'm Holtbeast kryptonite. Geez.

#113 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:49 PM

Great one to be there for.

#114 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:27 AM

Great one to be there for.

Yeah it was. I heard there were a bunch of CAPS fans too, 4 players from MIN on the team and they all had good sized groups too.

• DuffMan likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#115 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,728 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:37 AM

A smattering of hats were thrown on the ice for Ovies hat trick.

#116 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 05:06 PM

Yeah it was. I heard there were a bunch of CAPS fans too, 4 players from MIN on the team and they all had good sized groups too.

There definitely were, I randomly happened to sit in a cluster of them actually.  Definitely worth the price of admission, although hockey is one sport I actually think is better in person.

#117 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,728 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 03 April 2017 - 08:07 AM

Big win last night against the Blue Jackets that all but wraps up the division.

• Bmore Irish and Dupin like this

#118 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,024 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 09:18 PM

Washington Post: Mike Milbury: ‘I think the Caps are going to win the Stanley Cup’
https://www.washingt...m=.746b72e3395d

#119 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,728 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 09 April 2017 - 08:01 AM

Meaningless game today between Toronto and Columbus determines who we play in the 1st round.  Leafs win we get the Bruins, Columbus wins we get the Leafs.  Either way bring it!

#120 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,463 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 09 April 2017 - 09:57 AM

Yep, not worried about either of those opponents. I'd rather play Boston probably. I'm glad it isn't TB, when they got Stamkos back a couple weeks ago that scared me for a minute. That is a team that finds a way to win in the playoffs. Glad they slid late.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=